Iced

We can talk about it later

I grinned, slapping my hands against the plexiglass wall excitedly as Johnny rushed down the ice with the puck in his possession. Beside me Johnny’s mother shrieked in happiness and started yelling his name.

Johnny smoothly avoided collision with one of the other team’s players and headed straight for the net. Nobody could keep up with him, he was like lightning. The goalie shifted his stance and prepared for the shot he knew Johnny would take.

Johnny faked the shot though and the goalie’s instant response left an opening in the bottom right corner of the net. Mrs. Farland squealed when the puck slipped right into the net just as the buzzer for the end of the second period sounded.

The line skated straight over to my area of glass, including Nate, our goalie. The pile up made the boards shake but I wasn’t worried. Mrs. Farland smiled gently at her son when the boys stood back up. I placed my open hand on the glass and laughed when all of the boys, save one, placed their gloves against the other side.

Harry skated away immediately after the pile up. His retreating figure didn’t bother me though. I was used to it. I made my way around the rink after exchanging a few words with Johnny’s mom. My dad was waiting just outside of the locker rooms. He high-fived me and opened the door for me, leading me to the team.

The inside of the locker room was, in a word, organized chaos. Black jerseys flitted across the room randomly, yelling things across at each other. Johnny was sitting by the door. As my dad and I entered, he slapped Johnny on the back and said, “Nice shot kiddo.”

Johnny looked up and met my eyes, his bright green ones full of excitement. I moved closer to him and he wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me down to sit on his lap.

Across the room, Harry and Nick were looking at each other in annoyance. When the room quieted down due to my dad and I’s presence, I could just make out what Nick was saying.

“Dude, I don’t know what your problem is but it is like, tradition to high-five Sloane after a goal. Why can’t you get that through your head yet? You’ve been playing with us for half a season. Just fucking do it,” Nick seethed. “You don’t have to be an asshole to her.”

I rolled my eyes at Johnny, who was also listening. I pushed off him and worked through the few standing players to get to Nick and Harry.

“Nick, you know I don’t care whether Harry high-fives me or not,” I murmured, mostly just for him to hear. I didn’t want to make a big deal of it. “Obviously Harry isn’t into the whole...family aspect we’ve got going on.” I shrugged and Nick sat back, relaxing a bit.

“You’re our good luck charm Lo,” he chuckled.

“Whatever you wanna believe Nick,” I said over my shoulder as I walked back to Johnny.

Harry’s eyes were boring into mine from across the room. I met his stare and narrowed my eyes at him. Nobody had really figured Harry out yet. He was a mystery. There was something about the way that Harry played though, that intrigued me. He was quick and strong, and certainly built very well. His frame easily matched that of the older kids.

My dad started to give the boys their little pep talk that he always did and I snuck out into the hall with Johnny.

“Alright Johnny,” I chuckled, “You better kick ass again. I hate Hingham.”

He rolled his eyes at me and wrapped an arm around my waist. “Gotcha. I’ll do my best.”

The door swung open and the team started to file out. Johnny slipped into the line and I went back out into the rink, holding the door open for the team. I high-fived them as they went, even Harry, who still was hesitant. Johnny was the third to last to come out and he grinned at me.

“Forgot something,” he murmured as he pulled me into his arms.

Johnny quickly pressed his lips to mine and I could feel him smiling into the kiss.

“Now I can kick ass,” he smirked.

I returned to my spot by the visiting team’s goal when the last of the players left the locker room. Mrs. Farland had disappeared and a few of the other team’s fans were standing in her place. I smiled politely when they looked at me, but otherwise ignored them.

The third period passed quickly. Johnny and Nick each earned penalties for elbowing and high-sticking, but it didn’t stop us from crushing Hingham 9-2. The three goals we scored in the third period were fantastic and the boys were hyped. Hingham was one of the teams that they couldn’t stand playing against. Their fans were always unruly and rude, and were always trying to start fights.

It didn’t go unnoticed by Nick that Harry hadn’t joined in the high-fiving of the glass after a goal. I wished he hadn’t made such a big deal of it, but I couldn’t stop him from expressing his opinion.

After the boys finished talking to the Hingham team, I made my way towards where they would exit the ice. The annoyingly loud Hingham fans that were standing next to me during the third period followed me out towards the rink exit and food court.

“Hey baby, why’re you with those losers?” one of them called after me while I waited for the boys to shuffle off the ice.

I ignored their chatter and grinned at Johnny as he headed into the locker room directly after my dad. I glanced over my shoulder but they still hadn’t left. One of them in particular was closing in on me and I felt shivers run down my spine. He was big, easily 6’ 3” and muscular.

He smirked as he approached me and I quirked an eyebrow.

“Can I help you?” I asked as he stopped directly behind me.

“Yeah you can help me with a lot of things,” he murmured in my ear and placed his large hand on my waist.

His grip was tight and I tried to pull him off.

“Get off me,” I grunted.

The guy just chortled, but it was cut short by Harry’s presence. Harry shoved the guy, hockey stick still in hand, against the glass behind us. His eyes were menacing as he stared directly into the Hingham fan’s face.

“I think she told you to get off,” he grunted.

I backed up, bracing myself against the locker room door. The stranger shoved Harry back, who stumbled slightly in his skates, but was right back in his face a moment later. Just as Harry raised his gloved fist, the door behind me opened. I tripped backwards, but righted myself as Johnny came storming out. I grabbed at his shoulder, pulling him back towards me.

I peered over Johnny’s shoulder as Harry continued his confrontation. By then Harry had already hit the guy a few times, and he was crying out for Harry to stop. Harry gave him one last shove and backed off. The Hingham fan’s eyes were wide as he ran away, looking much like an animal with his tail tucked between his legs.

Johnny shook me off and walked over to Harry. He murmured a few words that I couldn’t hear, but I could see the relief in his eyes when he turned back around.

I stepped forward into Harry’s vision. He raised an eyebrow at me and I smiled. He didn’t return the smile, he just looked at me strangely.

“Thanks Harry,” I said quietly. “Really. I definitely wouldn’t have been able to get him away without you.”

“Yeah, no problem,” he mumbled.

I sighed, but didn’t press him. He still was mysterious Harry - eyes vacant and staring over my shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
O M G it's fetus Harry
wah
Okay he's so angsty in my head but I don't think I'm expressing it right
i'm tRYING

Ok this was kinda shitty and idk I might rewrite it ://

Angels ;*
SJRiot
boycott love
ange1234
xstoriesyettounfoldx
serendipity;