Iced

Give me a second to collect myself

I sighed as I stared myself down in the mirror, my dark hair lightly wrapped around a curling iron. Though I usually loved to get all dressed up and go out, I was far too tired tonight to be out late. Despite my protests Johnny had basically blackmailed me into going by saying he would send out pictures to twitter of me during my awkward freshman year of high school. That was certainly something I did not want to happen, so naturally I caved to his demands.

Nick, Johnny, and Harry had a few away games during the past two weeks so I hadn’t seen them since the first game Mikey and I attended. When he returned yesterday he texted me asking if I was busy tonight, which I wasn’t after work. The holiday party he was having was a bit premature, as it was barely mid-November. Although the amount of snow on the ground certainly made it feel like Christmas really was just around the corner.

I set the curling iron down and adjusted my blue dress, which had been a gift from my mom when I moved back home. She had taken me out instantly to celebrate and bought me a fancy little Hervé Léger dress that I had been saving up for. It was a gorgeous royal blue that would retract the attention away from the dark circles under my eyes from lack of sleep.

Work had gotten a bit hectic after my first day. I loved it nonetheless, but the jet lag caught up to me and added to my exhaustion quite considerably. Stepping into my heels I left my bathroom, moving towards the kitchen where I knew Mike would be waiting. I grinned when I saw him, looking very dashing in a grey jacket and pants, with a crisp white button up underneath.

“Well don’t you look nice,” I teased, “But your tie is crooked. Here.”

I reached up and tugged the slim black tie into place, adjusting the top of it for him to make sure it was knotted right. Mike smiled down at me.

“All set now?” he did a little spin for me and I giggled.

“Yeah, let’s go. Johnny’s impatient - he’ll be wondering why we weren’t there an hour ago.”

Mike held out my jacket for me to slip my arms through and I buttoned it up as we left, feeling slightly rushed and just a bit nervous. Mikey held my bag as we descended in the elevator and I happily took it from his hands when we stepped out.

We made small talk as we waited for a cab, which pulled up not too long after. Johnny lived just outside of the city so there was no way for us to take the T there.

“Do you think the whole team is going to be there?” Mike questioned with wide, innocent eyes.

I knew what he was implying, and had been ever since I told him that Harry had driven me home. Mike seemed to think that Harry had the hots for me, but I brushed it off quickly. The thought had nagged me though for the past two weeks. I didn’t want it to be awkward when I saw him again, so I was hoping that there was a slight chance he wouldn’t be at Johnny’s tonight.

When the cab finally pulled up in front of Johnny’s place, we both stared at in awe. It was a nicely sized house, with a faded stone facade and wide windows that overlooked a neatly maintained lawn. I had to admit I was impressed - I almost thought that Johnny would still be living in a bachelor pad but he clearly had decided to invest his money in a smart market.

With a bottle of champagne that I had bought earlier that day I raised my hand to knock on the door but it swung open before I made contact. Johnny stood on the other side, a wide grin on his face.

“Finally! Thought you were never going to show up!” he exclaimed, pulling me inside and waving Mike in happily.

“Don’t be so dramatic Johnny,” I waved him off as I passed the bottle to him. “You knew I wouldn’t not show up.”

“That’s very true.” He winked at me before shaking clasping hands with Mike and greeting him.

I unbuttoned my coat as I stared around the foyer in awe. Somehow Johnny had actually managed to make the place look nice, which, considering his designing abilities in high school, was amazing. The floors were a dark wood and the walls light, with accent lights every few feet that were dimmed.

“Here Lo, let me take that.”

Johnny took Mike and I’s jackets and motioned for us to follow him. He stopped halfway down the hall to hang them up before continuing into an open kitchen. There were far too many people crowded in there and I chuckled. The sheer size of the men standing around the island counter intimidated me alone, forget the rest of the other people milling about.

I scanned the room for Nick, who I spotted leaning against the sleek counter by the fridge with a beer in his hand. Next to him was Harry, making me freeze and look away. I couldn’t help but look back - I could feel his eyes on me. I smiled gently once I met his gaze and he returned it politely.

His hair was ruffled messily and his eyes were vibrant. He laughed as Nick said something to him, his pearly whites peeking out of his red lips. I frowned, nudging Mike. Mike shrugged and patted me on the back.

Johnny looked down at me, having seen where I was looking. He raised an eyebrow at me.

“I’m going to need a drink,” I told Johnny which earned a loud laugh.

It wasn’t long before a glass of champagne was thrust into my hands by a man with a crisp blue polo on. He introduced himself as Tyler and we started chatting right away.

One drink quickly turned into many and I found myself on one of Johnny’s man leather couches, legs crossed and my body leaning heavily on Tyler. He was a sweetheart but he was far too young for me and I wasn’t sure if he realized that, as he kept placing his hand high on my leg.

So much for leaving early. It was already past midnight and the party was still raging. I forgot how fun Johnny’s parties used to be in high school. He always threw the best ones when his parents were out of town. This one, albeit a bit classier, was very similar.

I let a sigh escape my lips as Tyler told me yet another story of one of his amazing goals. I removed his hand from my leg and stood, excusing myself to go to the bathroom. The second I started ascending the stairs was when I realized how much the alcohol had affected me. I got instant vertigo, grasping onto the railing to make sure I didn’t fall backwards.

More than thrilled to reach the top of the small flight of stairs, I walked carefully down the hall to where I was hoping a bathroom would be. It may have been helpful to ask Johnny for directions, but it was too late now.

A door at the end of the hall opened and in the dim lighting I could just barely make out the person’s features. I inwardly groaned when Harry stepped closer, quirking an eyebrow at me.

I had literally managed to avoid him since our arrival. Tyler had kept me occupied with his stories and just nice chit chat, and then Johnny had stolen me to play a game of pool which I had lost miserably at. In fact, I hadn’t seen Harry since when I first walked in.

For some reason I was really nervous. His intense looks unnerved me. It wasn’t that I was attracted to Harry, because I was sure I wasn’t, though he was quite good looking. Not that it mattered anyways.

He bumped into me as I attempted to pass him, instantly reaching his hand out to steady me as I teetered in my heels. My eyes went wide as I felt myself losing balance and tipping backwards.

Harry was quicker though and he easily steadied me, hands finding my waist.

“Whoa, might want to take it easy on the drinks Lo,” he chuckled.

I turned my nose up at him, clawing his hands off my waist. I didn’t want to admit how nice it felt to have someone holding me.

“You can’t tell me what to do,” I snapped back.

Harry’s eyes lit up with amusement and he let out a nervous laugh. His large hand reached up to rub the back of his neck awkwardly.

“But I can stop you from doing something embarrassing, can’t I?” I refused to meet his gaze. “Just slow it down, okay?”

“I don’t want to talk to you right now,” I slurred, pushing him away and turning back towards the bathroom.

Harry’s hand caught my wrist and he turned me around. This time I did lose my balance, landing in an awkward position on the ground. Harry let out a groan as I sat there with wide eyes looking up at him. I crossed my arms, not wanting to take his extended hand.

“You are one stubborn woman, Sloane Sullivan.”

Without another word, Harry leaned down and scooped me up into his arms. I shrieked, fidgeting and trying to get myself down but it was really no use. Harry had his arms holding me tightly, one under my back and one under my legs. There was no way I would be able to escape his grip.

“Harry! Put me down! Who do you think you are?” I yelled, slapping his chest repeatedly.

Harry ignored me as he walked carefully down the stairs. People stared as we passed them but I was too angry to care. I didn’t want or need his help, and he had never shown me any reason to want it. One nice night did not warrant a friendship.

When Harry finally did stop walking he didn’t put me down. His arms gripped me even tighter if that was possible. I could feel the muscles in his chest ripple against me as he adjusted my body in his arms. I glanced around, noticing that there was only one other person in the room besides us: Johnny.

Johnny was holding his stomach with laughter, but he tried to stop when he saw my threatening glare.

“Oh god I haven’t seen her like this since high school. Thought that our grad party would be the last time,” he cackled.

“Shut up Johnny,” I groaned. It sounded alright in my head, but considering the looks I received it probably was a garbled mess of words.

Johnny and Harry exchanged uneasy looks before Johnny let out an exaggerated sigh.

“I’ll tell Mike, but for now will you bring her upstairs to my room? She can sleep in there. She looks like she’s about to pass out right now.”

It was true though. The effects of the alcohol had strengthened and all of a sudden my eyelids had gotten extremely heavy feeling. My mind was swimming, not hurting though, as I watched the two talk.

Harry replied to him but I tuned him out the second I laid my head comfortably against his chest. I pulled an arm up to wrap around his neck and snuggled closer, happy to have something warm against my exposed skin.

“Would you stay with her until she falls asleep? Just to make sure she doesn’t get sick or anything,” Johnny asked Harry quietly.

Harry nodded. Before I even realized it we were halfway up the stairs and Harry was pushing a door open. I turned my head to look around Johnny’s room but I could barely keep my eyes open.

Johnny had a large bed facing a glass wall, black and cream sheets piled high with pillows. Harry adjusted me in his arms as he pulled the sheets back with one hand and then placed me in the bed.

His eyes trailed over my body all the way to my feet, where he reached down to pull my shoes off carefully. His large hands easily wrapped around my ankles to hold them steady as he pulled first one, then the other off. I wiggled my feet happily once he finished and he let out a breathy chuckle, his eyes still trained on my legs.

Pulling the covers up over me, Harry tucked me in tightly. I felt like a little girl again, being protected by the warm covers from all the demons out there. Harry walked around to the other side of the bed as I shimmied further down, getting myself even comfier in the mass of blankets.

I wasn’t surprised when he climbed in the other side, propped himself up against the headboard, and kicked his shoes off. Harry reached over, tucking a piece of dark hair behind my ear.

“What are we going to do with you Sloane Sullivan?” he murmured.

Though I would never say it out loud, the way he said my full name made my heart flutter erratically in my chest as I drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oops drunk Sloane
Drunk Sloane is fun just remember that as she will be making another appearance this is not the end
Um yeah so I don't know what else to say
Hi

Thanks to everyone who has commented and reccd and subscribed
You're all so nice and pretty and I love you lots
*-*
Again, I love you.
You specifically.
;*