Iced

All these stars been dancing on my head

My head throbbed insanely when I woke up the next morning. It felt like someone was taking a jackhammer to my skull and I could have screamed out how much it hurt, but that would just make my ears ring even more. I pulled a pillow over my face, wanting to cover myself up from the light seeping into the room from the large window across from the bed. It worked to an extent - it would have been perfect if I had not rolled over and into a large mass covered by the blankets.

I tossed the pillow off my head and opened my eyes fully, propping myself up on an elbow. Thankfully I still had all my clothes on and it looked like the unknown stranger also had his on, as there were no random pieces of clothing around the room. I peeled back the covers to see the man next to me, almost choking when I saw the chocolate curls.

Harry’s eyes were shut tightly and he looked so peaceful that I couldn’t help but stare at him. There was something about the utter beauty of a person sleeping. His red lips formed a gently smile, clearly dreaming about something pleasant. For some reason I wished that I could know what it was.

I laid back down and Harry shifted next to me. He turned to face me, and arm wrapping around me in his sleep. I froze, not wanting to wake him but feeling uneasy like that. Somehow though, it felt right. It seemed like everything I had ever previously thought about Harry flew out the window in that moment.

I relaxed my muscles and let Harry’s arm keep me close. It was something special, the way that we could lay there without any judgements or harsh feelings. I had never seen Harry so vulnerable and childlike, but I felt like he was still protecting me. I felt safe.

With a gentle sigh leaving my lips I turned on my side. I didn’t want to be creepy, but I truly couldn’t keep my eyes off the sleeping boy. I didn’t know if I would ever get to see this soft side of Harry again and I wanted to take advantage of it while I could. I always knew that he wasn’t a cruel person - I never understand his standoffishness though.

I’m not sure how long I watched him, tiny breaths escaping his lips with barely any sound. At some point though, the door swung open and I almost jumped right out of Harry’s arms. Johnny stood in the doorway with a smug smile and a cup of coffee in his right hand.

He quirked an eyebrow up and motioned for me to come outside. I untangled myself from Harry’s grasp while being careful not to wake him and followed Johnny outside.

“So I’ll assume it was a good night,” he teased the second I shut the door softly behind me.

I slapped his chest, eagerly taking the coffee in his outstretched hand.

“Shut up Johnny. I barely remember what happened last night.”

“Well don’t worry. I’d be glad to fill you in over breakfast.”

After Johnny let me borrow a pair of sweatpants and tee we headed downstairs. We found a few guys from last night in the kitchen. Mike was standing at the sink, filling a glass of water and chatting with Tyler. The three other guys I had met last night, but didn’t remember their names, were sitting at the island with a newspaper spread in front of them.

Mike turned when I walked behind him, slipping my hands onto his shoulders. His face lit up into a grin the second he took in my disheveled appearance.

“Ah, you’re alive,” he joked, ruffling my hair. I scowled at him and took a seat at the end of the island.

“Don’t get too excited Mikey, my head is pounding. I feel like death,” I grumbled.

Johnny pulled open his giant fridge and scanned the shelves with a pout on his lips.

“Sloane will you-”

“No. I am not making you breakfast. I am your guest. I demand waffles.”

I crossed my arms defiantly and stuck my tongue out at him. Tyler turned with a smile and waved at me happily. I let my lips turn up in a slight smile, hoping that he wouldn’t try to start a conversation with me right then. I was not prepared to fend off his advances with my head pounding like it was.

Luckily I was saved by a full mug of steaming coffee that was nearly dropped right into my waiting hands. Johnny leaned on his elbows against the counter, grinning right at me.

“What?” I muttered.

“I’m just wondering who wants to be the first to share something you did last night,” he said with a shit-eating grin on his chiseled face.

I narrowed my eyes. “I mustn’t have been that bad so stop.”

One of the guys beside me laughed. “Jaromir,” he added, extending his hand. “You called me Dracula last night and I’ve got no idea why.”

I shook his hand limply, my cheeks flushing red. I mouthed an apology as Mike laughed at my awkwardness. Shaking my head, “Dracula” nodded to say that he was telling the truth.

Jaromir went on to tell me that after calling him Dracula I challenged him to a game of beer pong, which I had obviously lost badly. Tyler told me that we had played flip cup with Johnny and Chara and had lost at that too. Clearly I should never play another drinking game again, since I ended up always losing and being inevitably drunk off my ass.

Tyler laughed as Chara finished another story. “You weren’t all over anyone though. You did trip a few times and that’s when I decided you needed to sit down. We chilled out on the couch for a bit and then you just got up and left.”

The boys’ laughter filtered through the room as Johnny explained how he had found me sprawled out in Harry’s arms, half-way passed out.

“Are you guys done torturing her yet?” someone asked, their voice breaking through the loud sounds.

I looked up, craning my neck over to see who was standing in the doorway. Harry had his hand resting on the back of his neck as he stretched, his shirt pulling up and giving just a peek of the smooth skin on his abdomen. Mike cleared his throat and I looked up, blushing.

Harry’s button up shirt had gotten very wrinkled over night and the pale blue, pin-striped shirt was undone at the top just a tiny bit, exposing some ink that I hadn’t noticed before. His chinos were all wrinkled as well, but it obviously didn’t bother him.

My mouth was practically watering at the sight of him and I snapped my lips closed. Harry looked towards me now, smiling gently and raising his hand from his neck.

“Nice of you to join us Sleeping Beauty,” Chara joked. “Just in time for breakfast.”

Harry shrugged, a faint pinkness spreading across his cheeks. “I haven’t slept that good in ages.” His eyes were trained on mine.

This time it was my turn to blush and I could feel more than just Harry’s eyes on me. I cleared my throat, pointing to the stove in an attempt to distract the guys from my flaming cheeks.

Breakfast was delicious. Johnny and Tyler cooked bacon and waffles for us and I was barely able to snag some of the yummy looking fruit off the table before the other guys ate it all. Everyone was surprisingly chatty for it being only ten in the morning, especially after such a wild night. Though it might have just been me that had the wild night.

Harry had pulled up a chair next to me at the island. Each time he reached over me for something I held my breath, wanting nothing more than to just let my hands roam up those strong, toned arms of his.

I bit my tongue while everyone talked. I was pretty tired and I didn’t want to relive anymore embarrassing stories of last night by saying something that would remind the boys of last night. Mike kept shooting me strange glances but I just brushed them off.

When the clock finally hit twelve we cleared the table off and I decided that it was time for Mikey and I to leave. I slapped my hand on the freshly cleaned countertop next to Johnny and turned towards him.

“We’re going to head out now Johnny. We’ve certainly overstayed our welcome. Thanks for having us last night,” I told him honestly.

Johnny just shook his head before wrapping his arms around my neck and tousling my hair. I shrieked, pushing him off and squirming away.

“Anything for you Lo,” he winked. “Do you need me to call a cab?”

Just as I was about to say yes, Harry interrupted.

“I can give you a ride home.”

Johnny let go of me completely, his eyes searching Harry’s for a moment. He nodded slightly at the curly-haired man.

“I’ll go get your coat and bag,” Johnny said to me.

I quirked an eyebrow up at Harry. “You didn’t have to do that. We’d have been fine taking a cab.”

Harry just shrugged. “It’s not a big deal. You and Mikey don’t live too far from me.”

Johnny returned then with my coat and bag and I took them gratefully, ready to put my coat on before I realized I was still wearing his clothes. I held up a finger and dashed upstairs and back into Johnny’s bedroom. My dress was hung up on a hanger propped up on the edge of his mirror and my shoes were placed next to the bed.

A little grin flitted across my face as I realized that it had to have been Harry who hung my dress up before he came downstairs this morning. He put me to bed last night, so he would have taken my shoes off and seen my dress on the bed when he woke up.

I slipped out of Johnny’s clothes quickly and pulled my dress up, zipping it up almost completely. I couldn’t reach the very top of the zip in the back but my hair would cover it anyways. My feet protested against the heels but I ignored the pain in my arches and hurried downstairs in the death traps.

Johnny helped me into my jacket and I kissed each of the boys on the cheek before turning back to Johnny.

“Promise you’ll text me?” he asked with a cheeky grin.

I rolled my eyes. “You know where to find me if I don’t,” I joked.

Johnny pressed his lips to my cheek quickly, his stubble rubbing against my face. I blushed, not immune to the effects of his charm. Even after so many years he still had the same effect on my heart - a tiny increase in the beats - that he had when we first started dating.

Harry and Mikey were standing by the door fully dressed by the time I was finished saying goodbye to everyone else. Harry led us out to his large SUV and opened the front door for me. Mikey slipped in the back.

For the most part the ride was pretty quiet. Harry had his ipod hooked up to the speakers again so I thumbed through the tracks. He had an endless amount of music in his music library, ranging from hip hop to some strange white noise tracks and everything in between.

I picked the song he had played for us when he brought me home from the bar. This time I was humming along with him. He caught my eye in surprise when I matched him, sending me a happy smile that I hadn’t seen before.

By the end of the song we were pulling up to the front of Mikey and I’s apartment building. I went to open the door but Harry stopped me with a carefully placed hand on my wrist.

“It was nice to see you again Mikey,” he smiled over the seats at the blonde who was sitting very confused in the back.

Mikey looked at me but I just tilted my head to the side. I mouthed that I would be up in a minute, though I had no idea what Harry wanted.

When Mike had disappeared into the building Harry returned his eyes to mine. His hand had dropped from my wrist and onto the center console, but his fingers kept twitching into the palm.

“So what can I-”

“Sloane would you let me take you out to dinner sometime this week?”

My cheeks turned bright red, I was sure of it, when he interrupted me. I’m not sure how long it took me to compose myself but Harry was staring at me strangely and I was squirming under his gaze.

“Uh,” I cleared my throat, “I’m not sure that’s the best idea Harry.”

He frowned, running a hand through his hair. “I promise I will make it worth your time Lo. You can even pick the time and place.”

I bit my lip and fiddled with my bracelets.

“Fine. Area Four on Thursday?” he nodded excitedly, a teeny grin slipping onto his lips.

“9?” he asked. “I’ll pick you up.”

“Oh Harry you really don’t have to. I can go straight from work.”

Harry silenced me with a look, “Sloane.”

I held my hands up in surrender. “Whatever you want. Am I allowed to go inside now?” I teased.

He rolled his eyes as I leaned in and this time I pressed a kiss to his cheeks. I let my lips hover as I bid him goodbye for the afternoon.

I think I all but ran into the building, my adrenaline racing. I had no idea where that sudden burst of confidence came from, but I shouldn’t have kissed Harry like that. He had done it to me before, but I wasn’t sure just how much Harry expected of me.

I sighed as I leaned against the mirrored wall of the elevator. I was so nervous for the dinner and I wasn’t even sure if it was a date. My breath caught in my throat. A date with Harry? I shivered at the thought.

Mike pulled the door to our apartment open right as I was taking my key out.

“What was that all about?” he asked excitedly as he pushed me back onto the couch and thrust a glass of water into my hands.

I kicked off my shoes and curled my feet up under me. My jacket was off my shoulders before I was even settled completely.

“I think I have a date with Harry next week.”

I had never seen Mike’s eyes so shocked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh yeah I finally did it.
Yes the date is coming things are progressing
mwuahaha

I'm very excited for this
Idk
I hope you love it c:

Please let me know what you think!
It certainly helps me out <3