Seize the Day

Chapter Seven

After staying in the hospital for a day, I gained enough energy to return home. Although my stomach muscles still held the slight twinge of pain every now and again, and I decided not to go to school on Wednesday. So, Zacky decided to skip and stay at home with me. He and I did a lot together since we met, always hanging out and going places, whether it be just the two of us, or with the other guys as well.

Currently, Zack and I were sitting on my couch watching television.

I sighed. "... You wanna go out and do something?" I asked nonchalantly.

"...What would we do?" Zacky asked back, just as indifferently.

"Actually... I wanna go see Ichabod. I haven't seen him in a while," I said, standing up and getting my shoes on. Zacky turned off the TV and followed.

He drove us to his house and as soon as the door was opened I was pounded on. Since Zacky was behind me I didn't fall over, thank God. After the operation it might hurt just a little.

"Icky!" I squealed. I held his paws in my front hands. Even in that short amount of time he'd grown some, considering he was still a puppy. He got back down on all fours and retreated into the house, and Zacky and I entered.

"I think he missed you," Zacky said, a smile on his face. Ichabod moved around the room happily before going to the door and whining slightly.

"Oh jeez... I know what he wants... You wanna go for a W-A-L-K?" Zacky asked me, spelling out the word.

I chuckled. "Sure... But I can spell, ya know..."

He smiled. "I know, but if I say the word he gets really excited," Zacky said before turning back to Ichabod, who had his nose to the crack in the door.

"Hey Ichabod, you wanna go for a walk?" Zacky asked the dog. At once, Ichabod picked his head up, and started wagging his tail (or lack of one), and perking his ears. "I take that as a yes. Just let me go get his leash and we'll go..." he said before going into his room. Ichabod was getting antsy and couldn't hold still. I walked over and scratched behind his ear while we waited for Zacky.

He came back out with the metal chain leash, and hooked one end to Icky's collar. He then handed the leather end to me. "You wanna take it?" he asked, and I nodded and took the leash. We went back outside, and Ichabod led the way down the sidewalk. After a couple paces I felt Zacky take my hand in his. I smiled at that simple gesture, and could feel a warm blush creeping up to my cheeks.

I could tell Zacky was smiling. "Awh, how cute. I make you blush!" he said. This only made my blush worsen.

"Yeah, and that's not all you make me do..." I muttered to myself.

"What was that?" Zacky asked, smiling cheekily.

"Nothing," I said quickly as we continued down the sidewalk.

He smirked and let go of my hand, only to wrap his arm around my waist and pull me closer. He slipped his hand into my front jeans pocket and I continued to blush more. Zacky noticed this.

"What is making you blush so much?" he asked laughing, but not in a mean way.

"What do you think is making me blush?" I asked, grinning.

He stopped walking, causing me to stop. Icky stopped and turned around to see what the holdup was.

"Is it cuz of... me?" Zacky asked, faking naivety.

"Maybe..." I ginned.

"Yeah?" Zacky asked. He pulled me closer to him and kissed me. It was just a peck and then he pulled away. "How about now? Am I still doing it?" he asked, and I could feel my heated cheeks increase in temperature.

"Yeah..." I whispered. He smirked again, and leaned down to kiss me again, only this time it lasted longer. Just was we really started getting into it, we heard Ichabod whining from next to us. We broke apart and looked at the dog, and laughed quietly to ourselves.

Zacky wrapped his arm around me, only putting his hand in my back pocket instead, and we continued down the street.

"So... did Brian ever make you blush like that?" Zacky asked curiously. I looked down to the concrete passing below me.

"Yeah..." I said. "A lot of times actually."

"Oh... if its not too personal or anything, I'd kinda like to know what happened between you and Brian..." Zacky replied.

"Well, we'd been acquaintances for a long time, and then we got older and curious about things. And then one day, we were just... 'a thing' and we hooked up. We weren't dating, but we were more than just friends. I'm not really sure why we started having sex... Well, I did it because I liked him, I'm not sure about his reasoning. Then that whole situation turned a little.. questionable. Since we weren't technically together he could still go off with other girls and do whatever he wanted. And then he got a steady girlfriend, and I just... wasn't needed anymore," I explained vaguely.

"So.. why do you hate him so much?" Zacky asked.

"Well, part of it is the fact that I couldn't have him for myself in a real way, and I guess the other reason was I was bummed that my first time wasn't...special... you know?" I asked.

"Yeah... I know how that goes..." Zacky replied.

Icky started to whine again as we passed by the small sports park owned by the school. There was no one down there, so we decided to go and let him run around. We walked down the hill to the park, which was down by the river. We unleashed Icky in the outfield of an empty baseball field, and he ran around chasing a squirrel that crossed his path.

"One time I saw this other squirrel and I was like WEEE!" I said, chuckling to myself.

"What?" Zacky laughed, looking at me funny.

I shook my head, smiling. "Its an inside joke that I have.. with... myself," I said.

"....Right. Brian wasn't lying when he told us all that you're an odd one..." Zacky said.

"Ugh.. Brian just tells you everything doesn't he?" I asked. I felt Zacky come up behind me, his body lightly against mine.

"He also told me you're a really good kisser... so at least he doesn't lie about you..." he whispered against my neck. I could feel I was starting to blush again. He took my hands in his again, and entwined our fingers. I pulled our joined hands into my front hoodie pocket, which pulled Zacky's body more prominently against me. I felt him start to kiss a little against the side of my neck and I shivered.

"...I don't know if you know.. But I really like you..." he said against my neck as Ichabod started to chase a rabbit that came out of a bush.

"...You do?" I asked quietly.

"Yeah..."

"Oh.. well I guess that's good cuz I like you a lot too..." I smiled.

And then it was known without words. We were official. It didn't need to be said. It just needed to be felt.

I stood on the rocks as Ichabod paddled around in the river, absolutely astounded by the fish that swam beneath him. Zacky stood next to me, took a last drag from his cigarette, and dropped it to the rocks, stepping on it.

He whistled. "C'mon Ichabod!" he called to the dog, who obediently started to swim for the shore. He shook off the water when he got out, flecking both Zacky and I with water. We chained him back to the leash and headed back to Zacky's home.

As we got inside, Zacky turned to me. "...Do you think you can help give that mutt a bath?" he asked. I smiled and nodded. "Good, cuz I'll need you to try and hold him down. It usually requires two people..."

He wasn't kidding either. Just getting Icky into the tub was hard. And once we got him in and soaped up, he succeeded in jumping out, getting me soaking wet. Zacky thought it was funny, because I was wearing a white T-shirt that soon became see-through.

We finally got Ichabod to stay still long enough to finish washing and drying him before we let him out of the bathroom.

I walked into Zacky's room, peeling off my shirt, and plopped down onto his bed. When he came in and saw me, wearing only a bra on my top half, he wasted no time in crawling onto the bed. He straddled my hips, holding his weight with his arms on either side of me. He started to slowly lower himself to me, and I placed my hands on his cheeks before I kissed him. He rested himself on his elbows and I tilted my head to the side, deepening the kiss as his tongue traced my lips. I moved my hands to his neck as his tongue caressed mine, and he ran one hand up my side until he reached my bra. He started to gently grind his hips with mine, and I could feel him starting to grow hard against my area.

Just then Zacky's door opened, and we broke our kiss to see his younger brother Matt standing in the doorway. He just stood there for a second, and I felt weird that he just walked in on his brother practically having dry-sex with me.

"... Uh... yeah..." was all Matt said before he left again, shutting the door behind him.

Zacky just looked back down at me, and we both started laughing.