Status: Please enjoy and leave comments...subscribe too (P.s. involves violence and profanity)

Careless Whisper

Warden Horatio Barlow: Juliette and John

It was half twelve. Juliette ran down when she heard the doorbell being rang non-stop. She knew that there was only one person who could be at the other end. She thought twice before she opened it. Regretting that she did not wear a gown over her skimpy night dress she opened the door. If it wasn't for Tilly sleeping peacefully, she wouldn't have been so daring.
"Oh my," John grinned, with her husband's hand round him A strong scent of alcohol emitted from him. He had been drinking on a working night. Angry lines began to form on her forehead as she took her husband off John, "you look....delicious."
"Bye John," she said as she struggled to help her husband into the house. He took Horatio from her and walked him into the lounge. A perverted smile crossed his face, but Juliette slapped it off.
"John why?" she whispered as she lay Horatio on the couch, "you know that he has work tomorrow and you allowed him to do that."
"I really don't have any control over what he does Jules," he said, his face serious now.
"I know that, but couldn't you have stopped him," she said feebly, her voice muffled, "he hasn't been home for ages John. He barely spends time with us and I know you know that. This was the only time he had and you took that away."
"Hey, don't try blame this on me," he retorted, "Maybe if you were a better wife he wouldn't have the need to call me up. I don't blame him, with your attitude, I doubt you'll be of any use to him."
Juliette opened her mouth to speak, but was stopped when John continued talking, "in all my years as his friend, I have never seen him hit rock bottom. He has reached a place that I know I cannot even help him, even if I wanted to. You know, I've always seen Horatio as strong, but he has finally cracked. Bloody hell, I don't even know what the fucks going on with him. One minute he was drinking, the next he was crying and mumbling something about work before he passed out. I would love to stay here and talk, I really would. I mean, how often do I get to see this much of your flesh. However, I have the real deal waiting for me in the car so I best be going."
Juliette covered her chest with her hands and escorted John out the house. He was rather sober, but then again, he had to drive. She looked out the door and for sure, there was a young man sitting in the front seat waving at her. Like herself, she was barely wearing anything. Juliette locked the door and went to the lounge. The children could not see their father like this. She helped him up and tried walking up the stairs with him, but it truly was a chore. She let out an exhale of happiness when she had managed to drag him into their bedroom. She watched him as he lay in bed sleeping. Tears began to pour out her eyes. Where did everything go wrong, she wondered to herself as she went downstairs to make herself a cup of tea.