Status: Please enjoy and leave comments...subscribe too (P.s. involves violence and profanity)

Careless Whisper

Warden Horatio Barlow: Argument

He was hung over. When he opened his eyes, he met his Juliette's red, swollen, eyes. She had been crying. His hand flew to his head as he tried to remember what had happened the night before.
"Juliette," he said as he got off the bed, "what's the matter?"
"What's the matter?" she asked frustratedly, "I'm just trying to figure out, where along the line, did you begin to call John first about your problems instead of me...your wife."
She began to play with the ring that was on her finger as she began to sob again.
"Mum, I can't find my school socks," Tilly said as she walked into their room without knocking, "mum, are you crying?"
"Tilly, may you please leave the room," Horatio said as he looked at his daughter.
"Yeah I would, but I need my socks. I have P.E today and mum is the only one who knows where they are? So where are they?" Tilly insisted.
"I will not ask you twice Tilly, go look for them," Horatio bellowed, "why do you leave things till the last minute anyways. You should have packed them last night before you went to bed."
"Yeah, I was going to do that, but mum said she would look for them today!" Tilly shouted back.
"Go look in the laundry basket," Juliette intervened, "if you can't find them there just wear your old ones."
"See, this is why I said you should have done it yesterday mum," Tilly finally said as she walked out.
Juliette lifted her head and looked at Horatio. Her eyes shook. She did not want to accept that they were going farther from each other. She shut her eyes, when she heard him move closer to her, his hand on hers. How she had missed his touch.
"I didn't want to worry you Juliette," he said as he licked his lips that felt so dry, "we've been going through a difficult time. Trying to make ends meet and at the same time saving up for Nat's tuition fees. The whole Damon incident is just-"
"That's why I told you to tell the police! Horatio, this whole thing can get even worse," she whimpered, "look at you! Look at the state you're in. When John came home with you last night, I did not even recognize you. You looked so.....the man that came in through the door last night, was not the man I married. I don't care if they will cut off your budget, as long as you are back to normal. The Horatio that was home in time for family dinner, the Horatio that held me close when I was cold at night....I want him back."
"I'm here Juliette," he said as his grip on her hand tightened, "I'm here now."
Tears poured out her eyes. Her lips quivered. They had been a happy family. Who would have known that one man could cause so much trouble without even knowing it. She detested Damon for that. Horatio leaned over and kissed his wife, something he hadn't done in ages, but she pulled away. She wiped away her tears and got up.
"I'm not talking to you, until this whole thing has ended Horatio. If you don't call the police, I will," she threatened, "I've put up with this for far too long and I can't take it anymore. Your breath...it tastes of alcohol. Get your act together okay. Your family is your main priority. Money and work comes second, not the other way round."
She left him in the room. Horatio looked at the ceiling for a while before he went to take a shower.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to ParanoidxDoublexHalo for the lovely layout :)