Status: Please enjoy and leave comments...subscribe too (P.s. involves violence and profanity)

Careless Whisper

Damon Scarlett: Preparations

Damon walked away from the rendezvous with a bag in his possession. He sneaked back into the convert, hoping that no one had seen him. He looked into his bag and a smile crossed his face. His accomplice had packed everything in the bag, like she had promised. Now all she had to do was pick her up and he would be good to go. His work was always thorough, it was rare for him to make any slip ups. He smiled inside when he watched all the nuns work really hard to clean the convert. He walked around watching them, with the bag in his hand. It was only a matter of time. His body was itching with excitement. It had been over ten years since he had last seen Father Augustine. Enmity sure could be thrilling.
Sister Clarence smiled at him when she watched him walking by. He just looked the other side and dismissed her completely. His work was done. All he had to do now was wait. When he was walking away, he saw Mother Superior waving at him, beckoning him to come to him. He did so. When he arrived Sister Margret gave him half a smile.
"Let me leave you with him," she said before walking away.
Mother Superior filed him in with all the details and how he had to prepare himself because he was going to be sleeping at the Cathedral with Father Augustine. This changed all his plans for the better. He nodded attentively as he listened to what she had to say.
"It is not proper conduct for a male to stay among nuns, but I'm sure you already knew that," she explained, "if you have nowhere to go, he can find you a shelter, but tonight you will be staying in the chambers that are found at the back of the Cathedral. After dinner the two of you are going to have to walk there. I hope it's not inconvienient for you."
He did not reply. She smiled awkwardly and dismissed him. Things were too perfect. His plans had been perfected due to the new changes. He was going to be alone with Father Augustine, how convenient.The shackles of his past that were stopping him from moving into the future were soon to be broken.
***
He took a bath, his last bath in the convert, and packed all his belongings. He was not going to leave a trace of his stay at the convert. His stomach rumbled. Usually by now, food would have been bought to his room on a tray, but today was different.
“The food is ready,” a nun, he didn't know, told him, “Today you will eat with everyone. Father Augustine insisted that you join us all.”
The young man nodded his head and followed the nun. The dining room was exquisite. It was always locked and only opened during meal times. However, he hadn’t been able to enter the room, because of his gender. The nun led him to his seat. Everyone stood behind their seats as they waited for Father Augustine to enter the room. Mother Superior looked different. She had an authoritative posture and a serious look on her face. Damon began to take in everything that was in the room, counting all the utensils. He paid attention to detail, spotting even the tiniest speck of dust that was on the corner of the window pane, a habit he had caught on. A few moments after, Father Augustine entered the room. Everyone’s face lit up, excluding that of Damon.When Father Augustine sat down, everyone did so as well.
“It truly is a pleasure to be having dinner with all of you tonight,” he smiled as he talked to everyone, “it was delightful meeting new people, but I never forgot about you all. I remembered you in my prayers. I will not be leaving again for another five months so during that time we will be able to catch up. Young man, it is a priviledge to have you hear. Mother Superior informed me that you have all been working really hard and two of the new nuns have gone away to visit some least developed countries to do some missionary work there."
Everyone was attentive, hanging to his every word. When he finished talking, Mother Superior began to read verses from the Bible and they all closed their eyes as they prayed for the food in unison. After this, freshly baked baked bread and soup was brought to the table by the nun's who were on duty. They all broke the bread together as they laughed and listened to Father Augustine's stories. They were like a big family. The young spotted Sister Margret with a genuine smile on her face as she dipped her bread in the soup. It was unfortunate they did not know what future awaited them all.
They finished the soup and the table was cleared. Candles on golden candelabra's were placed on the long table that was covered by a beautifully embroided white cloth. The lamb spiced to perfection was spiced to perfection and cut into tiny little pieces. They all recieved tiny bowls with delicious homemade rosemary and onion sauce. The food was certainly different from what he had been given during his stay there. Freshly squeezed orange juice was placed in front of them. It truly was a feast. He tried the lamb and it almost melted in his mouth. He had never eaten anything like it. The nuns sure knew how to cook. Everything on the table was fresh and homemade, from the bread to the juice. Most of all, it was very healthy.
He was stuffed, but he wanted more. Unfortunately for him, all the food had been cleared away. When he was about to dismiss himself, the dessert came. He never knew that fruits that were presented properly could look so tasty. All he could think off was sinking his teeth into the red apple. The fruits were put at every corner of the table, with some dry spiced and salted nuts inbetween.
Father Augustine did not stop talking, not even once. He sure had a lot to say. He grit his teeth as he heard Father Augustine laughing, but he contained himself. His time was coming. Sister Clarence had been looking his way for most of the evening, but he pretended not to notice. He didn't have time for that. He wondered if his enigmatic character had something to do with Sister Clarence's interest in him.
They had finally finished. The candles had been blown off, the lights turned on. The table had been cleared, the flowers that had made it look lively, removed. Even the table cloth had been taken away.
"Okay young man, it's time for us to say our goodbye's," Father Augustine said as he got up. The nun's mourned, but Mother Superior said it was essential that the nun's go to bed. Sister Clarence looked at him once again before she left the room with all the other nun's. He could tell she wanted to say her final goodbye to him, but couldn't. Not after what Sister Margret had done to her. He looked at her bruised hands once again, the price she had to pay for entering his chambers.
"I will meet you at the door," Father Augustine informed him as he began discussing some issues that needed attention to Mother Superior.
He looked at the watch he had been given at the rendezvous point and whispered, "right on time." A crooked smile crossed his face for a second, but it returned back to his normal self once again. His whole body was aching. It was time.