Status: Please enjoy and leave comments...subscribe too (P.s. involves violence and profanity)

Careless Whisper

Warden Horatio Barlow: Choices

It had been a whole month since he had last seen Dashique. Had Damon made his first move? He could not be too sure. What would he have with her either? He sighed frustratedly as he watched the detective type away -numb with euphoria. He kept saying that he was getting close to solving the mystery. It was only a matter of time before he uncovered the truth. Warden Barlow could not shake off the feeling that Dashique was in trouble. She would never quiet without talking to him about it, that was unlike her.
Another thing that bothered him was that Damon had not tried to kill him yet. Why was he taking his time.
"I need to leave the office for a while," he informed the detective, tell me if anything comes up. The detective nodded his head, ignoring what the warden had just said. He checked the time on his watch. He could not afford being late to his lunch date with his wife. Without wasting any time, he ran out and got into the car. It was a good thing they had decided on going to the Chinese buffet that was near his workplace.
He walked into the buffet and looked around. Juliette spotted him and waved at him frantically, beckoning him to come sit by her side.
"I hope I'm not too late," he said as he gave his wife a peck on the cheek. He sat in his seat and took up the menu. His wife was already having some soup.
"This is very nice honey," she leaned over with the spoon and fed him the soup.
"Sure is," he grinned like a schoolgirl in love, "better have some of that."
"I'm going to get some more soup," she said as she got up, "we can go together."
When was the last time they had been like this -so carefree and in love. She was his soulmate. He could not imagine life with another woman. She looked his way making him feel things he thought he was unable to fell. As he was admiring his wife, his phone began to ring. He glanced at it and saw it was the detective's number. He wanted to answer, but at the same time did not want to ruin his date with his wife. After noticing he had been staring at his phone wondering whether or not to answer, Juliette let him off. He mouthed "thank you" as he walked outside.
"Detective?" he answered, "what is it?"
He heard a man panting on the other side of the line. Footsteps were closing in on him. From what he could hear, it was a woman in heels.
"The person was," the detective whispered breathlessly, "the person who helped Damon escape was....."
The line went dead. He glared at his phone for a while. Why now? Why did distractions come up when he was in the middle of reconciling with his wife? He could not ignore it, but his wife would not be too happy about it either. He had to make a choice, his marriage or his job.