Status: Please enjoy and leave comments...subscribe too (P.s. involves violence and profanity)

Careless Whisper

Warden Horatio Barlow: Regrets?

He knew it.
He knew he should have left his wife to come check on the detective. Now things were much messier than before and Dashique had not returned back to work. She was the one person he could trust, but she was not with him. Frustrated, he looked at the detectives dead body on the floor, bullet through the head and blood splattered all over the floor. In his right hand, he was holding the phone. Had he been killed whilst talking to him?
"...but I didn't hear the gunshot," Warden Barlow muttered as he pondered upon the situation. That is when he remembered the uneasiness in the detective's voice, how he had been breathless, how his voice was quiet as if he was being pursued. His eyes widened as it hit him, the detective had not only known who the person that assisted Damon was, but he had probably seen his killer by the time they had talked. Furthermore, the timing of the killing. It was too perfect. Warden Barlow could even go as far as to say, the killer had known Warden Barlow was going to be out of the office. After a long thought, he concluded that the killer and the person who had helped Damon escape were one, after all, they had to have worked there. Unless of course there were other people in the equation, which would make things complicated.
He sighed as he thought of how to deal with the body before him. He could not involve the police now. If only he had listened to his wife he wouldn't have been in this mess was what he thought. It was too much for him to handle alone now. Dashique had proved helpful but now she had just disappeared off the face of the earth, something else that worried him. Even during holidays, Dashique would constantly text and call him, even just to say goodnight. Ever since she had left for the conference, however, she had not contacted him. He knew for a fact that Damon was not behind either. Though he was a criminal and had no morals whatsoever, Damon always followed a code. He only killed the name he wrote in blood and Horatio's name was the one written. It was how he operated. He treated killing like a game.
Horatio was startled by the knock at the door. He swung round to hear the voice of Nathan talking to one of the co-workers.
Happily, he opened the door and dragged Nathan in. The papers Nathan was holding in his hands were abruptly dropped on the floor as his mouth opened wide.
"Do you not see the dead body over there Warden?" he said as he turned to face the Warden who looked calm and collected, a little too composed even.
"I do, I had prepared myself for something like this," he sighed, watching Nathan's facial expression change from an aghast to a disgusted look. The calmness on the Warden's face pissed him off. He wondered if he was going to be thrown away like a used pawn after this deadly game of keeping secrets from the police were done. This was also a detective. It was only a matter of time till someone noticed his death. As they stood there, a masked woman enter through the window with a bag. She knocked Nathan and Horatio out, cleared the scene. Horatio slightly regained consciousness and opened his eyes to see the woman who was now on the phone.
"Yes," she said, "I have cleared the scene, it seems she killed the detective. The idiot. I thought I had killed her, but she is very much alive [pause] yes...I understand that my carelessness will not go unpunished [pause] yes, Warden Barlow hasn't contacted the police yet [pause] no [pause] very well, I will not forget to buy you the DVD's on my way back home. I need to dispose of the body now Damon. Whether we like it or not we need to help Warden Barlow not draw any attention from the police. I will deal with the detectives family, I promise you this time I will not mess up-"
She looked at her phone and put back on her ear followed by her repeatedly saying hello. Angrily, she cursed underneath her breath and jumped out the window. Warden Barlow lay on the floor looking at the window. That voice had been too familiar. The woman had sounded so much like his secretary Sharisse, not to mention they had the same body type.
What was going to be his next move now?
♠ ♠ ♠
Second thought, I think it's pretty good.