Status: Please enjoy and leave comments...subscribe too (P.s. involves violence and profanity)

Careless Whisper

Warden Horatio Barlow: Unexpected visitor

He sat in the seat Sharisse had ordered him to sit in and tried to reach for his phone without her noticing, but she was too careful. She took it off him and smashed it on the floor before finally crushing it with her heel.
"Tsk tsk tsk," she uttered as she stood behind him, "you're a naughty boy warden. Trying to contact someone were you?"
She lowered her head until her lips were only a few inches from his ear, her tone less playful, "you clearly don't treasure your life."
A small laugh escaped her lips and she lifted her head, "now, onto the deal."
Before she could say anything more, the front door was opened. A dark figure stood at the door. It was difficult to make up who it was. The figure began to walk forward and pulled out a chair and sat down, "don't mind me." The voice was deep and rather nonchalant. The warden was filled with nostalgia, he knew this voice. This was the voice he had feared for years. He froze as he stared at the figure. It removed it's disguise and looked at the warden. The warden began to shake as his eyes met the eyes of the figure. His lips quivered as if they were having a seizure. He swallowed hard and suppressed the tears that were on the tip of his eyelashes. All he could think of apart from the fear of this man were his children. What were they going to do without him? He was the breadwinner of the house. Without him, their family would be left bankrupt with nothing but their house. His wife had left school to be with him. He had promised her that she would never have to work a day in her life.
His son Nathaniel still had university to go to, university that he was going to pay for. His little daughter Tilly also had a future before her. He wanted to plead the figure, but the words would not come out. Fear had stolen his voice away. He realised how foolish he had been to think that he could simply capture this guy. He had already escaped the high level security and had the audacity to walk back into the institution through the front door despite the heightened security.
"Damon-" Sharisse said as she looked at him, but his eyes were etched on the warden.
"I'm here to watch," he replied, realising her concern, "I won't kill him yet, I promise."
Sharisse sighed. She was not convinced at all. She could see the bloodlust in his eyes. It was evident that every morsel in his body was twitching to rip the warden apart. Though she wanted to argue with him, she knew she couldn't.
"Okay then," she smiled as she turned to the warden, "Dashique planned the whole thing. It was her who helped Damon escape. Yes I was involved, but Dashique tampered with the tapes and also unlocked the door to Damon's room."
"She would never!" he bellowed at the outrage that was entering his ears, "don't try to frame her for som-"
"Shut up!" Sharisse said as she slapped the warden across the face, "such impudence, I'm not done talking. The original deal was that Damon escaped and killed your wife and children. That way she could have you all to herself. After doing so, she was planning on double-crossing Damon and bringing him back to the prison. That was the plan at least, but we were always two steps ahead of her."
"No....that is not true," the warden said as he buried his head in his hands, "she-"
He stopped in mid-sentence when he heard a gun being cocked. He looked up to find a smiling Damon standing before him.
"Horatio Barlow," he whispered playfully. He looked high as he licked his lips. This was it. The warden knew he was going to die.
"Don't!" Sharisse said as she threw herself in front of the warden, "you promised Damon. i won't let you do this. Not yet."
"Get out of my way!" he ordered, "if you don't I'll just have to kill you too."
Without a second of hesitation, he pulled the trigger....
♠ ♠ ♠
Will she die? And if she doesn't, will her relationship with Damon remain the same? What of Horatio, what is going to happen to him now? Will Damon be caught or will he manage to escape the institution a second time?