Status: Please enjoy and leave comments...subscribe too (P.s. involves violence and profanity)

Careless Whisper

Damon Scarlett: Eavesdropping

He could hardly make out what Sister Margret was saying, but it was apparent that he was talking to another woman. He continued moving until he was in a position were he could hear everything.
"He sure is a handsome fellow though Mother Superior," she said.
He managed to adeptly open the door and peeked through the little gap. What were they talking about? Sister Margret had a thoughtful look on her face. She paced around in what seemed to be Mother Superior's chambers.
"Sister Margret," Mother Superior said as she took off her reading glasses and closed her bible, "do not beat around the bushes, tell me, what is it?"
"I don't know how to say this without sounding...cruel," she replied as she walked towards the window. She was now to far for him to see, but her voice was still as clear as crystal.
"It is unheard of," she began to explain as she moved away from the window, "a man staying in a convert with nuns. What are you thinking Mother Superior? I know from years of experience that what we are doing here is not wise."
"Are you suggesting we shun him," Mother Superior said, her tone angry, but her voice was calm, "are you saying that we should just leave him out to die. Did you not see the state he was in when he came here? You do not know what he went through and all you can think about are the young woman?"
"Yes. It is essential that he is told to leave at once," Sister Margret said coldly.
"There are hardly any houses were we are. He will have to walk for miles before he meets any people," Mother Superior protested.
"But you are not aware of the person he is," Sister Margret retorted, "the safety of the nuns comes first. We will not put them in a situation that will prove dangerous in the future."
"I can not believe such venom is spewing from your mouth Sister Margret. Are you forgetting why we are here?" Mother Superior fumed as she got off her seat to look Sister Margret straight in the eye.
"No, you are the one who has forgotten," she snarled, "many young women come here trying to escape from the earthly pleasures in order to gain a close relationship with God. They come here because there are no temptations, yet you, Mother Superior, have just approved one to come in. You have clothed the temptation, fed it, sheltered it and you are planning to continue treating this temptat-"
"Silence," Mother Superior commanded Sister Margret sternly, "Do unto others as you want them to do unto you? Love your neighbour as you love yourself? These are the verses we continue to preach to others both day and night, yet here you are doing the complete opposite. You have little faith in these young women it. They came here with a purpose and I know they will not falter. He is not going to be a temptation to any of them. I trust and believe in them."
Sister Margret lowered her head and stood before Mother Superior for a while without saying a word. They both stood in silence before Sister Margret began to walk towards the door. He quickly got up and as he was walking away he heard Sister Margret finally say, "I hope that, for the sake of the nuns, you are right."