Status: Please enjoy and leave comments...subscribe too (P.s. involves violence and profanity)

Careless Whisper

Damon Scarlett: News of Father Augustine's return

Days had passed by like the wind. The young man had spent over a week in the convent. His body was healing fast and his health was also improving. If he really wanted to, he could have left the convent, but he some unfinished business he needed to take care of. He had to fulfill his promise to his mother. He looked out the window and saw the Cathedral he had gone to when he was only a child. He had bitter memories of his time there. It was the reason he could not move forward into the future, not till he had finished dealing with his past. As he was reminiscing on his past, he heard a knock at the door. He went to open the door to find Sister Clarence standing at the door.
"May I come in," she said after looking around to see if any of the nuns could see her. He opened the door wider and when she entered he closed it.
She sat on his bed and looked round his room. It was empty and clean, but that was because he hadn't brought anything with him when he had come. She smiled, but in return she recieved his usual stoic glance. She pulled out a notebook and pen and asked him to sit down. He looked at her for a while before he finally decided to sit by her.
"I am not allowed to be here," she laughed softly as she put the notebook next to him, "but I'm really curious about you. I don't even know your name, what brings you here...can you please write your name down for me?"
He could not reveal his true identity to her. The only reason he had let her in was because he thought she had something important to say. He had not guessed that she wanted to ask him personal questions. She looked at him for a while and when he looked back, she quickly looked away with immediate effect. She wished to hear his voice. He had not once uttered a word. Never had she once seen a smile cross his face or any emotion for that matter. She wondered what his story was. Part of her feared him, but everyone fears what they do not understand. However, another part of her was fascinated, curious and wanted to understand him more. She waited for him to write, but he didn't. He acted as if she had not asked him to do so. She leaned over and took back her notebook and pen.
"I guess it's okay if you don't want to," she finally said as she got up, "Father Augustine will be visiting the convert in a few days."
This was her last attempt at making conversation with him. In all honesty, there was not much she could talk to him about. For the very first time she saw him react. She watched as he clenched his teeth and clutch onto his robe, veins popping from his hand. She looked at his face and caught a glimpse of pure hatred on his face, before he masked it with the expressionless look. He let go of his robe and looked at Sister Clarence, hoping she had not seen his reaction. His hand formed into a fist once again and his mouth opened, then closed. Sister Clarence wondered if he was about to speak. He walked up and opened his door.
"Um," Sister Clarence said as she walked towards the door, "it was nice talking to you."
As she was walking out, she saw Sister Margret walking past with Mother Superior. She did not look amused.
"Sister Clarence, are you not aware that you are not allowed in a man's-" Sister Margret asked bitterly, but stopped when she felt Mother Superior's hand squeeze her shoulder.
"Good day Sister Clarence," Mother Superior said, "how nice of you to come check on his wounds. That is what you were doing is it not Sister Clarence?"
Sister Clarence bowed her head politely and walked away.
"Like I said," Mother Superior told Sister Margret, "give the young ones a benefit of a doubt. If you do catch them in action, only then are you permitted to bring them to me for disciplinary action."
She smiled at the young man who then closed his door. Mother Superior and Sister Margret began to walk away. The young man walked towards the window and looked out at the Cathedral. Father Augustine was coming soon. He had wished to ask her when, but that would have made her stay in his room for longer than he wanted. Now he only had one option, to keep his ears open. He had to listen to any further news regarding the situation. He was only a few days away from fulfilling his promise.