Status: Finished <3 sequel is up :)

The Hand of Destiny

Distractions Of The Batman-Fan Kind

Ashley’s POV

Yesterday went so well I felt much more confident in seeing if Andy wanted to hang out again today. I don’t really know what suddenly gave me the confidence yesterday, I guess I was just thinking about what he said the night before.

What did he mean by experience?

I just figured that if right now friendship’s all he can offer me then I’ll make sure I take it. Of course, some cheeky persuasion in the form of my clothes (or lack thereof) is perfectly acceptable…
So i just bit the metaphorical bullet and went for it. He seemed to enjoy himself though so I think I made a good call there.

Today I wanted to do something a little different though. I had the idea last night when I was thinking back to when Andy sung for his friends. I remember the bridge of the song really standing out to me when he sung it, in particular the bridge: ‘Just ‘cause, because we’re outlaws yeah!’. I love that word - outlaw. It just sounds so badass! Of course, a rebellious word needs a rebellious action, which is why I decided this is what I want. Today I’m going to a place down town which I’ve passed many times and always wanted to go into but have never had a reason to. Today I do though. I’m gonna call Andy and see if he wants to come with me to B’s tattoos and piercings, where I’m going to get – you guessed it – a tattoo! And I think ‘Outlaw’ will be a great design base.

*****

Apparently Andy really, REALLY likes tattoo’s, well, if his excitement over the phone was anything to go by (Yeah, I know, we’re neighbours so why did I bother phoning him? To be honest even I don’t know…). So then 15 minutes after I called him off we went, walking in the Californian sunshine and discussing various tattoo designs.

“I’d love to get a Batman tattoo” Andy told me as we crossed through then park.

“Yeah? Why doesn’t that surprise me…” He stuck his tongue out at me and I rolled my eyes. Thank god I didn’t bother with a shirt today, I would have overheated in this temperature, and it may have been my hopeful imagination but I’m pretty sure Andy liked the view too.

“Where would you get it?” I asked, crouching down quickly to stroke a dog that had come running up to me.

“On my arm I think and- ew don’t wipe that on me!” He squeaked as I rubbed my hand on his arm after the dog licked my hand, excess heat slobber and all.

“Ha ha!” I said and darted away from him before he could wipe it back on me again.

“Childish” He pouted at me (oh my god, that pout!)

“Says the boy that stuck his tongue out at me all of 30 seconds ago!”

“Whatever!”

***** (another time lapse :P)

“So…?” The guy with the blond hair behind the desk asked.

“Ashley Purdy” I quickly filled in when I realised he was waiting for me to say my name.

“Bob Bryar” He replied as he shook my hand.

“Alright Ashley, where do you want this?” The design itself hadn’t taken all that long as all I had to do was write down the word on a piece of paper along with the number of the font I wanted from the wall.

“Right across here, curving up in the centre slightly” I explained as I motioned to my lower stomach.

“Okay then. I’d tell you to take your shirt off but you seem to have come prepared so why don’t you just take a seat on that chair over there” he pointed over to the corner of the shop where a tattoo table and a variety of inks were.

I got myself comfy on the table and Andy moved a waiting chair from the side slightly nearer to the table so he could talk to me, then I realised that Bob hadn’t actually moved unless you counted picking up a copy of this week’s Kerrang! Magazine from under the desk to read.

“Um.. Aren’t you gonna?” I sat up and gestured to the whole tattoo set up.

He looked up from the magazine when he heard my voice and smiled slightly, “Sorry, Brian will be in in a minute, I only do piercings”

I blushed slightly at my mistake.

“Don’t worry ‘bout it, it happens all the time. When people only see me here they automatically assume I’m the ‘B’ in the shop name, actually though I’m only one of them”

I decided I liked Bob, (not in that way of course) he’s a nice guy.

Then another man came through a door at the back, pulling latex gloves on as he did.

“Hey! You’re the guy that wants the ‘Outlaw’ tattoo right?”

Well that’s a little creepy since I didn’t see him in here when I filled out the sheet or when I placed it in the little wooden tray…

Then I looked over and saw that the little tray was in fact now empty, he must have got it when I was talking to Bob.

“Yeah, that’s me” I said to the guy who was presumably Brian.

“Awesome, well, your transfers done, so if you’re ready?”

“Gerard works quick” Bob said when I raised my eyebrow at the transfer being completed in such a
short space of time.

“Yeah, he’s a great artist” Brian commented as he made his way over to the table.

“You had any work done before?” He asked me as I made myself comfy on the table again.

“No, first time”

He put the transfer paper on my stomach and let me checked how it looked. I gave him a nod of approval and he started loading the ink into the gun.

“Ah! Ink virgin! This should be fun!”

Okay, Brian’s definitely weird, but good weird, like a sandwich combination that shouldn’t work but does.

“This is probably gonna sting a bit, okay that’s a lie, this will sting a bit but you should get used to it pretty quickly”

“Okay, I’m ready”

“Let’s go then” He said as he turned on the tattoo gun.

Andy reached out and squeezed my hand reassuringly, I’m glad he did because I’m actually slightly nervous. I’m sure if I just focus on Andy though and not the needle on my skin I’ll be fine, after all, he is a very good distraction.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woot! Two updates in as many days! So yeah, nice little tattoo chapter for y'all there featuring Bob Bryar and Gerard Way from MCR along with the lovely Brian Schetcher :P

Next chap will be back to plot as these last two have been basically fluffy filler but you know, gotta have some fun :)

Thank you to everyone who has been sticking with these story and commenting, it means a lot to me <3