Status: Finished <3 sequel is up :)

The Hand of Destiny

So Hear My Voice Remind You Not To Bleed

Out of all the people I expected to see, he was not one of them. I expected Zane’s friends, possibly Zane himself - ready with a fresh round of ammunition in the form of verbal insults - but not him.

There he stood, crystal eyes clouded with what sadness.

“Hey, are you alright?”

Yeah, I’m the epitome of alright. I’m so perfect and happy I could scream!... I’m also having thoughts dripping with so much sarcasm there might well be a puddle on the floor…

Of course, I didn't want to seem like a jerk towards the one guy that seems to actually care. I didn't want to lie either though.

“Sort of” What a great response. Nice compromise genius…

He stepped into the small bathroom. Now we were closer, I could see what he was wearing. Tight leather skinnies wrapped around long legs and black t-shirt peeked out from under a leather jacket.

He opened his mouth to say something - what I will never know – but closed it abruptly when he saw my hand, still grasping the razor handle like a lifeline.

I didn't want to meet his eyes, he clearly put one and one together.

“Hey” He said, quieter.

He moved further forward – a feat in the small bathroom- and stood almost chest to chest with me. Cold fingers tilted my jaw up so I looked him in the eyes. He didn't move his hand, just left it cupping my jaw. I didn't mind. He curled his right hand around my left and removed it from its place on the counter near the blade. He held our hands between us; I actually felt safer then, the painful events of the last 20 minutes slipped from my mind like sand in a timer.

“It’s not worth it, not over some guy. Trust me” He whispered, soft and careful.

I nodded slightly, inhaling deeply as I did.

“Come on, don’t let them think they won; Go out with your head held high” he encouraged before lowering his hand from my jaw, releasing my hand and waving me forward.

They're all going to stare at me…

I followed him from the bathroom, ready to face them with as much courage as I could muster. It turns out I needn't of worried though, as when we reached the kitchen (Which you had to cross to get to the front door) everyone was focused on two people. Zane and a girl in a bright pink cocktail dress, whose name I didn't know and whose face I did not recognize.

“Oh whatever Zane! I saw your phone and the messages, so don’t lie!” she screamed, obviously too blinded by fury to notice that the whole room had stopped to stare, me included.

“Baby chill! It was harmless flirting and mainly from her anyway!” He replied, hands in the air and a slight smirk like he could see no problem.

“I don’t care! I don’t want you texting skanks behind my back!” She replied, still as loud and furious as last time.

“Look, let’s sit and talk about this babe. Let’s be calm adults” He said, his tone even and calm like she was over-reacting.

“Don’t you dare try and take the moral-fucking-highroad!” She set down the bottle she had clutched tight in her hand with a dull thump.

“You know what Zane, don’t bother! We’re over! Go find some other girl to fall for your tricks!” She turned on heel and stormed out, leaving a trail of shocked and scandalised faces in her wake.

Zane has a girlfriend? Well, ex now… Is it wrong I feel happy?

“Wait, Mia! Look, I’m sorry, don’t go. I’ll stop texting the other chic. Why don’t we just go home and kiss and make up?”

Well he changed his tune fast…

“Hah, what? Realised you’d have to find someone else to sleep with you? Shame.” She slammed the door behind her, the noice reverberating through the room.

Of course, as soon as she left everyone turned round to start chatting excitedly about what just went down. I found that the commotion was a good cover to leave under.

It was only when I stepped outside into the cold air that I realised the boy was still behind me. I turned to face him and he smiled.

“Good to know karma’s alive and kicking” He said.

I laughed lightly, not wanting to look a fool by going full-out-snorting on him. “Yeah. Hey, I just want to say thank you for - you know” I added hesitantly.

He nodded before his eyes widened comically, like he just realised something.

“You know what? I never asked your name! I’m Andy, Andy Biersack” He held out his hand and I shook it.

I smiled lopsidedly, feeling one side of my mouth rise higher than the other.

“Well, it’s nice to meet you Andy Andy Biersack. I’m Ashley Purdy”

Despite the lameness of my joke he laughed anyway.

“Here” he said as he held out a small bit of paper. “Call me if you need anything okay?”

I looked down and saw neatly written numbers inked on the thin paper.

“Thanks” I said, genuinely grateful.

He gave me one last small smile and a little wave before murmuring goodnight and walking off down the dim street and into the windy night. I still hadn't moved from my spot by the door. The air was biting at me, my jacket offered little protection against the cold. I was surprised at how little I cared though, usually I hate being anything less than mildly warm.

I tucked the piece of paper into my pocket as far down as I could, desperate not to lose it on the way home.

I hope this isn't the last I see of Andy, I really do. There’s just something about him…

I started the short walk home, thinking of one thing - or more accurately, one person - only. No prizes for guessing who...

Yes, I really hope this isn't the last I see of Andy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heya! Here's chapter 2, sorry they're short, they'll get longer as the story progresses :)
And just in case there was not enough drama in the last 2 chapters, serious shit is going to go down next one :P Maybe i'm being a bit mean to Ash, but things get better for him soon, at least for a bit *evil laugh*

Chapter title from Saviour by Black Veil Brides.