Status: Finished <3 sequel is up :)

The Hand of Destiny

I'll Stop Pretending And Admit I'm Scared

ANDY’S POV:

This is it, isn’t it? The moment we all fear as a child, the moment we assure our selves will never happen as an adult, the moment we read about and see in the movies, the moment where the story ends and is finalized with a full stop. Honestly? I never thought I’d have to endure this moment, I never thought it would become a possibility, let alone a reality.

And Ashley, what about Ashley? I have nothing to lose right now, I’m in the back of car against my will with my psycho ex-boyfriend who happens to have a weapon about his person. So, I have no reason to lie anymore, because any minute he could pull over, remove the gun from his pocket, turn around and shot me dead. I never really thought about love, sure, I knew of it, and saw people fall in it around me but it never directly affected me before. Still, even without the experience I know that without a doubt I love Ashley. I love his personality, his laugh, his beautiful body, his caring and funny frame of mind, his ability to move on from those who hurt him in the past, I love all of him. Not just his best parts but his flaws too, for they make him unique and they make him a survivor.

I’ve always liked him, though the feeling of love is relatively new, so why then did I never act on it? Because I was scared of having a repeat of Craig. The ironic thing though is that it’s happening anyway, with the real Craig.


I tumbled around in the back seat; Craig didn’t waste time with a seatbelt, he just threw me in. My elbows and legs knocked against the doors of the small car and the backs of the seats in front, leaving scuff marks from my boots on them. I jolted forward slightly as the car slowed and rolled to a stop.

Are we getting out? Is he going to lead me off into a forest or something and kill me? Is he going to just turn around and shoot me dead, leaving blood stains on the seats? Take me to his house and rape me? God knows he’s tried before…

I shudder rippled through my body, leaving an uncomfortable flush of heat in it’s wake. The blond
haired boy slid out of the front car seat with grace I hadn’t seen before, with me it was always rough movements, pushing and shoving. He didn’t unlock my back door though, so I was left to stare at him with wide eyes through the glass in the window. I automatically shuffled back into the car a little further when he extended his arm to grasp the handle and pulled the door open in a swift yank.

“I suggest you sit still and relax Andy” His tone showed that he wasn’t suggesting at all though, he was commanding.

I stayed where I was but looked around quickly, noticing through the windscreen that we’d stopped at traffic lights. Craig reached into the pocket on the back of his seat and removed a pair of shiny silver handcuffs with one hand while the other grabbed at my jacket and pulled me closer to him.

He still smells the same - like he fell headfirst into a Lynx factory and then rolled in the lemon fabric conditioner he favours for washing his clothes.

“Turn around” He said in a low tone, quieter than before but somewhat less commanding. He clearly knew I was co-operating since I became aware of the gun and realised that I was going to do what he asked. Whether or not he is thinking incorrectly though I do not know, should I fight back and risk getting killed or just go along with it and wait for an opportunity? (though I may back myself into a corner I can’t get out of doing that…)

I felt Craig grab my hands behind my back, he held both my wrists in one of his hands while the other still held the handcuffs. I couldn’t help but shudder slightly as I felt him rubbing small circles on my wrist with his thumb, I promised myself I would never let him touch me again.

Then I felt cold metal wrap around my restrained wrists like too-tight bracelets and heard the distinct click of them locking into place.

“Now be a good boy and stay still” he told me, his tone changing to caring and affectionate, I knew underneath that wasn’t and couldn’t be true though.

As he moved backwards he ghosted his hand over my leg before resuming his seat in the front and pulling the car into motion again.

I screwed my eyes shut tight, praying and begging for this to be a dream, but I could still hear the engine running though so I just stayed like that, not allowing myself to look at the man who had managed to break me so badly those years ago.

I kept them shut until the car stopped again, this time though I heard the keys being pulled out and the engine shut off. As I opened my eyes the door nearest to me swung open almost causing me to tumble out onto the ground. Craig firmly grabbed the tops of both my arms and pulled me out the car, careful to keep his grip on me as I would probably have fallen over on my own.
He led me silently towards a building which had obviously been destroyed in a fire, it was taped off, falling apart and looked incredibly unsafe.

Which is exactly why we’re here, no one’s around and any crashes or bangs will just be passed off as bits in and on the building falling off from damage. No one will intrude either, the sectioning off via police tape will keep the general public away.

I knew the building from somewhere; I swore I’d been there before. Then the penny dropped, we were at Ashley’s old apartment building, the one he called me from in the early hours of the morning after the fire.

He ducked under the police tape (taking me with him) with practiced ease and without a second thought. The yellow tape was but a tiny obstacle with no real significance to him.

I wanted to shut my eyes again but if I did I would fall over and probably onto my face due to the fact I couldn’t put my hands out to stop myself. We entered the wreckage and Craig dragged me into room to the left of what was presumably the lobby area. There were no remains of furniture inside, just scorched paper peeling from the walls and blackened carpets greeted us when we entered.

Without warning I was shoved to the floor and landed heavily on my side, I snapped my head up to look at Craig who met my frightened gaze with a glare. He walked over briskly and dropped to his knees next to me and cupped my face with his hand.

“Ssshh Andy, it’s alright baby, I didn’t mean to hurt you I just got angry, we wouldn’t have to do this here or like this if you hadn’t have over-reacted and walked out that day” he stated and rubbed his thumb along my jaw.

“W-wait, wh-what? What do you mean?”

What the hell is he talking about?

“I’ve waited a while for this Andy, I’ve missed you, I just wish we could be somewhere a bit nicer.
Still, it will do, I can’t wait any longer, I haven’t seen you in so long” he purred and moved his other hand down my chest and onto my crouch, pushing down slightly when he got there.

Then what he meant hit me, it hit me like a ton of fucking bricks. No. No. No. No. No. NO! NO!

I didn’t realise I had started yelling out loud until Craig slapped his hand over my mouth and pushed me flat on my back.

“Shut the hell up! Come on Andy, don’t act like you don’t want this” he growled.

I wanted to shut up, I knew it would make him so much madder and quite possibly more violent if I didn’t but I couldn’t. All the memories of my time with Craig came flooding back, first of the ones I dreamt about not that long ago, the ones of me leaving and making my final decision. Then the earlier ones came back, the ones where I started to notice the changes in Craig, the ones where he became more and more violent and finally the one where he tried to rape me. I felt the tears build in my eyes and started to cry, almost hysterically.

“Ashley? Ashley! ASHLEY!!!” I cried out desperately for him, this was clearly not a good decision as Craig grabbed a fistful of my long hair and yanked my face upward.

“Who the hell is Ashley? Your girlfriend?” he questioned with a sneer.

“N-no” I choked out, my voice heavy with tears and filled with pain.

“Good. Because otherwise I would have had to find the bitch and kill her, I don’t like to share Andy” he said, his tone far too casual considering he just threatened to kill someone.

Clearly unhappy with the fact I was still crying he pulled me to my feet and smirked as I stumbled slightly. He unzipped my jacket and started to run his fingers lightly over my newly exposed skin which just made me start to shake. The fire building in his eyes told me he was getting annoyed now.

“I suggest you stand still and stop fidgeting Andy, this is loaded you know” he “suggested”, as he patted the pocket with the gun in.

His fingers resumed their grazing of my stomach and ribs.

Not knowing what else to do, I sent out a silent plea/prayer.

Please, please help me.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG I'm so sorry guys I didn't realise I'd gone 8 days without updating! I thought it was like 4! I'm sorry!

Anyway, more of Ashley's past has been revealed and if you didn't hate Craig before then I'm sure you do now.

Next update should hopefully be either tomorrow or the day after.

Thanks so much for reading! Please com/rec/sub if you like this story :) P.s This fic will be 2 months old in 2 days time and honestly I never thought it would get this far, this is my first ever multi chapter fanfic and honestly i'm really happy about the way it's been recieved so far :) Thank you for all your lovely comments, they mean a lot <3