Status: Finished <3 sequel is up :)

The Hand of Destiny

You Are The Best Romance I Never Had

I don’t know what happened between Andy and Kier. I left as soon as Kier said he and Andy are together, despite Andy calling for me to stay.

Before, I never knew what I felt for Andy. Sure, I thought he was a great guy and stuff but relationship wise? I never thought about it.

When he kissed me though, it forced me to think about it, I had to try and work out my feelings. It can’t be that hard to do, I only have to ask myself one question.

When he kissed me, what did I feel?

Simple.

Safe, wanted,special.

In those few precious seconds, I felt like we could be something.
Then Kier showed up, and the hopes I built up in that moment collapsed.

Andy has a boyfriend.

The question is, why did he kiss me then?

Fuck, I don’t know…

I pulled my new sheets over my head. They were too crisp and smelt like new store cotton, unlike Andy’s Batman ones, which smelt of comfort and him. Fuck, I’m, so far fallen it’s unreal.

How can you fall in love with someone in a week?

The only person I can ask is myself, thing is, I have no answer.

I rolled over to check the time on my alarm clock – 5:21am. Damn. Sleep was just not happening tonight.

Any sleep I got was short and uneasy, I don’t know why I’m even trying.

I threw my legs over the edge of my bed and stood up. I’m hungry but I know without having to go to the fridge that I have no food. I really need to go shopping later…

I curled up on my sofa and flicked on my tv. 100’s of channels and nothing on. Typical. Well, I guess 5:30 in the morning isn’t exactly tv prime time. I settled on price drop tv – yes, there is that little on.
I ate the last couple of sweets in the open Haribo tangtastics packet I left on the table earlier. Great, now my hands are all sugary…

I stretched out on the couch, hoping the commercial about a new ‘revolutionary vacuum!’ would bore me to sleep.

*****

I awoke to my phone blaring out a ringtone in my bedroom. I stumbled off the couch, past me still-on television and into my room.

Wait, that’s the Batman theme tune! Andy!

I grabbed my mobile off my bedside table and pressed the green button.

“Hello?!” maybe I sound a bit too enthusiastic but hey-ho.

“Ashley! Thank god, I thought you weren’t going to pick up! Look,
Ashy…”

I could hear him start crying. I never wanted him to be sad over me.

“Yeah?”

“Look, can I come over? I just-” he started crying again.

“Of course”

“Thanks, I’ll be over soon, bye…” he whispered bye and hung up.

Well shit.

*****

“And then he said he never thought that I would be a cheater…and…and… he said if I was off kissing other guys I’m clearly not happy with him and we shouldn’t be together. Then he told me to get out of his apartment”

Andy shook as I cradled him in my arms.

“Wait, his apartment?”

“Yeah, the apartment is actually his, I’ve just lived with him for
ages” he sniffled.

Ah, guess that explains the other room and what Andy meant when he said ‘we’.

“Then how come he was never there?” I asked, still confused.

“He was on a business trip, well sort of, he had to talk to a record company, but, but, he was supposed to be back today not yesterday but he was early and he called Jinxx because he couldn’t get hold of me cause my phone was on silent and he said for him to come over. When he arrived he couldn’t see me and someone told him I was on the roof and he came up and saw us!”

He said all of that in a couple of breaths before leaning closer to me and putting his head on my shoulder. I wrapped my arms tighter around his small frame.

I reached behind me and grabbed a tissue as he pulled away from me. I reached out and dabbed his eyes, wiping away the smeared make-up.

“I don’t want to make this more difficult but Andy, why did you kiss me?”

He paused for a second before speaking again.

“Because you were hurting and you looked like you needed someone…” his tone was somewhat harsh.

Anger sparked inside of me and I moved back slightly.

“Really! Well thanks Andy but I don’t need people to throw me a pity party.”

Andy’s blue eyes widened.

“No, I didn’t mean that Ashley I just.. fuck I don’t know, okay? I guess some part of my brain just told me to do it and I listened because it felt right"

“And what about now?” I asked hesitantly.

“What do you mean?”

I moved closer again.

“What is your brain telling you to do now?”

He gave a small smile.

“That’s where it gets confusing. One half of my head says try and work something out with you, but then some bugger in the back of my mind keeps reminding me about Kier, we have a history you know? We were together for a year and friends even longer, you can’t just throw that away right? I just don’t know…”

He put his head in his hands and exhaled. His honesty shocked me. It’s a tough thing, I wouldn’t know what to do if it was me. I wasn’t going to give him an ultimatum and make him choose now.

“Well, you need to decide which part of your brain is giving good advice and which part is talking shit. Only you can make that choice Andy”

I smiled sadly at him and gently squeezed his shoulder before standing up. I walked into my room knowing Andy wasn’t going to be joining me any time soon.

He had that look of deep thought going on as I left, you could see the conflict flickering as he thought about it.

ANDY’S POV ( :O)

Kier or Ashley?
History or new sparks?
I need to make a decision soon before I lose both of them…


I picked a piece of paper up off Ashley’s coffee table and started writing a note.
♠ ♠ ♠
:O Who is he writing the note too, and is it good or bad??? And also, :D Andy's POV!

Just so you know, the next chapter is a bit sad but probably something you'll all be slightly happy about and chapter nine and 10 are going to be some nice stuff! What happens when Ash discovers Andy's great voice? what happens when c.c suggests they play spin the drumstick and truth or dare?