Peace Of Reality.

A Piece Of Reality.

I began to drift off into an artificial dimension.

One created by the desires of my dreams, or rather, nightmares.
Instantly transported to a land of darkness and suffering, the shrills and shrieks of a nightmare manifested themselves deep down into the depths of my soul. Flames engulfed the extremities of the land, and licked and jumped into the atmosphere, as to consume the very air itself, and everything subsisting under. Through those flames, serrated shadows weaved themselves through the jagged, monumental rocks, giving off an indescribable, horrifying pallor as the flames bonded with their jet black patina. Overhead, The Weeping Moon circled out into the distance, emulating the land with a luminous, scarlet glow that seemed like an infinite red curtain.

It did not register with words; it was the most twisted, most beautifully horrifying fixation, that I had ever seen throughout my days of existence. Outside the scene, I could see a thin, misty fog that appeared to drape over it all, creating a hellish moor.

And then I saw them.
Creatures taller than the average man, moving with a stagger,
As if to deceive they were much faster than they appeared.
They had no pupils, no windows to tell if they even had souls to care.
They also had two legs, similar to yours and mine,
And it appeared as if they were having trouble operating them,
As they trudged on through the mist...
Weird.
These creatures kept at this constant pace...
With a fearful and deafening crunch each time their limbs touched solid ground.

Wobble, step. Wobble, step.

For what seemed like an eternity, my soul longed to be out of that place,
As each crunch on the flames became closer and closer,
Echoing across the boundaries of my eardrum, and further down.
Abruptly, the things stopped, and as if they sensed me watching them...

Now with crunches starting to speed up.
In my direction.
With frightening alacrity, they were now running,
Running to do whatever they pleased to my helpless, defenseless vessel.
And there was I nothing I could do about it.

In a split second, I endured for the incoming strike, and cringed as I felt their claws dig into my flesh,
tearing and ripping, tearing, ripping...ripping...tearing...

I was now somehow back into the comfort of my living quarters,
With only the sounds of my racing heart, and my breath panting violently.

The ceiling fan still circled, the cat still slumbered, and the clock tolled as it read 12:00.
Something more than excitement hit me.
I had escaped from such a bad dream, a stupid one at that...but it was quite scary!!!
Like a babbling idiot, I burst out into triumphant laughter, that carried on for several seconds.
Everything was serene once again, but my shoulder began to irritate me...
Weird.

I reached a shaky hand up to it, and stood stiff as it retracted, covered in a cold, slick liquid that stood no question as to what it was. Dashing for the light, I dared every centimeter of my eye to look at what it was that was so cold, the wintry sensation that was beckoning me to give it consideration.
To my disclosure, a small gash stretched across not just my shoulder,

But the length of my entire back as well. One there, another, another...

Pulsing in red, the blood swam along in puddles at my floor, but it must have got to my head first,
and my skull hit the floor with a deafening thunk.
"Oh darkness, you're such a friend..."
And it faded with me, as I lost all consciousness…

Drifting once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes it sucks. I was fourteen. Wanna know how old I am now? 16. My story Bondaged is triple times more horrifying, and The Thickening actually made me throw up while writing.