Status: Just Starting Out.

You're the Only Light

School Part 1

"Kodi, wake up! You're going to be late for school!" I heard my Mom shout from downstairs.

A sigh escaped my lips as I just laid in my bed. I got no sleep what so ever last night. I couldn't stop thinking about everything. I spent most of the night crying. I was hoping this all could just be a bad dream that I would wake up from, but things aren't looking too good for me.

I got out of bed slowly and opened my blinds. "Great.." I muttered to myself when I noticed it was raining outside. Matt is my ride to school, but after what happened, I don't think he's going to drive me now. I walked over to my closet and pulled out a Metallica hoodie. I went over to my dresser that had a mirror on it and pulled out jeans, underwear, and a t shirt.

I pulled my shirt off my body and looked in the mirror. The bruises on my ribcage were still there. I ran a hand over them and winced, letting the memories of that night flood my mind.

"Dakota, hurry up! Your Brother already left!" I heard my Dad shout this time.

I shook my head of the thoughts and changed into my outfit, quickly. I decided to put my hair up, so I grabbed a pony tail and did so. I headed to my door and saw my phone on the ground. I picked it up and tossed in the trash can. I didn't want to see what people were saying.

Once I got downstairs, My Dad was waiting for me, "I'm going to drive you to school." I nodded and put on my shoes. I grabbed my bookbag and we headed out of the house. I got into his truck and put my seatbelt on. That's all our family really drove was trucks. I'm sure once I drive, I'll be driving one too.

My Dad started the 10 minute drive to my school and I just stayed quiet. He didn't seem to mind. Once he pulled into the parking lot, he turned to me, "I'm working late tonight, so catch a ride with your brother." I nodded, but that meant I was walking home.

He reached over and ruffled my hair, "Love you, Kodi."
At least someone does.

I gave him a fake smile, "Love you too, Dad." I got out of his truck and slung my bookbag on my shoulder. I watched him drive away and I looked at building in front of me. Today is going to be a long day.

As I walked inside, I recieved a few disgusted looks from some Senior girls. I was a Sophomore, so I'm sure they believed everything they heard. I made my way to my locker and some people were coughing 'slut', 'whore', or they were just laughing.

I started to do my locker combination when someone's hands were on my ass. "Hey baby, why don't you give me what you gave Mason?" A gasp escaped my lips as I turned to see one of Mason's friends standing there. I pushed his hands away. "Leave me alone."

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Matt looking at me. I was starting to think his brother instincts were kicking in, but he just walked down the hallway.

The guy grabbed my wrist, "Listen little bitch. You're going to give me what I want or we'll just do it the hard way. I know you like the hard way, that's how Mason gave it to you."

Tears were forming in my eyes and I shook my head, refusing to remember anything that happened that night. I glared up at him, "Leave me alone!"

This only made him smirk and tighten his grip on my wrist.

"I think she said leave her alone." A voice came behind us and he finally let go. Brian came into out view and again, he had me feeling relieved and shocked all at the same time.

The guy glared at Brian, "Oh, I'll get what I want. No one is going to stop me." He gave me a smirk before walking away. A tear rolled down my cheek as I turned back around to open my locker.

I tossed my bag in my locker and shut it. I leaned my head against the locker praying I could just die or something. I felt a hand on my arm and I jumped.

"Sorry, I just wanted to see if you were okay." Brian was still here.

This made me confused, "Why do you care?"

Brian gazed into my eyes for a second, "I know there's something else to the story. Something you're not telling anybody."

A sigh escaped my lips as I crossed my arms over my chest, "I already tried. They won't let me explain. No one will believe me."

The bell rang, signaling us that it was time for first hour. My first hour was art, which was an elective class that had mixed grades in it. I had Matt, Zack, Brian, Mason and his friends in it.

I didn't bother to say anything else to Brian as I walked to class. When I entered the room I saw Zack sitting in my usual spot by Matt. Just another thing to hurt me. I decided to sit in the back of the room, so no one really sees me.

Mason and his friends walked in. I kept my head down, but they still noticed me. Mason walked over to me, "Hey, slut. Wanna go for round two today?" I raised my head to glare at him, but it only made him laugh.

Just as he was about to say something Brian walked over to us and took the seat next to me. He was staring at Mason and I just sat there, not sure what the fuck was going to happen.

Mason laughed again, "Damn, Sanders. You sure move fast."

Brian squinted his eyes, "Why don't you just leave her the fuck alone?!" He asked, not tearing his gaze off of Mason.

He shrugged, "Fine. Just know she isn't that great in bed." He winked at me and Brian was about to lung at him, but I grabbed his arm, "What is wrong with you? Why are you acting like this?"

Brian looked down at me, "Someone's got to."

I looked around the room to see Matt and Zack glaring at us. I nudged Brian's shoulder, "I don't think they're too happy that you're sitting by me."

"Fuck them," He scoffed, "I don't need them anyways."

The teacher started up class and I just sat there with all of these questions running through my head. What else were the kids going to say today? Why is Brian being so nice to me? What else can Mason do to destroy me?
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor Dakota. /: She's got to deal with all of this. At least she's got Brian now! (:

-Comment
-Subscribe
-Recommend

All feedback is welcome! <3