Willow Road

My Dear

Monica backed up as far as she could and bump into the counter. She searched the area around her, looking for anything to defend herself with.

“I’ll make it easy, break your neck. You won’t feel a thing.” He moved closer to her. “I promise.”

Her hand found something as he drew closer. “You know, doctors say that all the time. And every time, it’s hurts.” She gripped the object tightly and swung her arm forward, dragging the blade of the cutting knife across his cheek.

He put his hand up to his face and cursed loudly. “You stupid bitch. You think that really hurts me? You’re just causing pain to your ‘dear friend’ Harry.” His dark laughed filled the kitchen.

Monica pulled her arm back and tried again, but Harry’s large hands reached for her wrists. Her knee came up and connected with his crotch, causing him to move back slightly, lose focus and loosen his grip. She took the few seconds to free herself and dig the knife deep into his chest. “Without a living body, you’re screwed.” She pulled the knife out of his chest and froze. She started feeling dizzy again.

“Monica, run!” Harry screamed, grabbing his chest as blood poured from it. “Get out of the house! Go!” His green eyes found hers as she swayed slightly in place. He went to reach for her, but she just screamed and dug the blade into his chest again. He fell back and she went with his, straddling him as she repeatedly thrust the knife into the left side of his chest, ’15, 16, 17.’ She counted.

When her arms started hurting, she pulled the knife from his lifeless body. She stood, not caring that her mint sweater was drenched in blood, or that her hair had fallen from the bun she had put it in, that it hung in her face. She stood over the man she had just mutilated moments ago. Not a single emotion expressed on her face.

“Monica, Harry!” Monica looked toward the window at the front of the kitchen, a few shadows moved passed it. “Guys, open up.” The front door opened up. “Oh, well that was easy.” A chorus of laughter followed. Monica watched as the hallway lit up and listened to the steps move slowly down the hall. Her head cocked to the left, then the right.

The first thing she saw was Louis, his head turned into the kitchen before the light managed to make it. He looked happy at first, a smile planted on his young face. But then he noticed the blood and quickly found the knife and his best friend.

Monica acted quickly, dropping the knife and forcing tears. “Louis, he tried to kill me! He went crazy, saying he’d break my neck. He broke my phone and nearly broke down the door. I-I had to!” Louis dropped his torch and ran towards her, taking her in his arms.

Niall came in next, rushing to the boy on the floor. “Shh, calm down.” Louis whispered to his girlfriend. Her eyes shifted to the boy on the ground looking for a pulse.

“He’s dead.” Niall looked up at Zayn and Liam. All three boys looked at Monica. “What are we going to do?”

Monica was ready to speak up, tell them to dispose of the body and report him missing, but Louis was already talking. “We bury him. When people come asking, we know nothing.”

“This is all my fault. Fuck.” Niall ran his blood covered hands through his blond and brown hair. “I’ll bury him.”

“We’ll help.” Liam chimed in motioning to Zayn. “Lou, you get Monica out of here, clean her up, burn the clothes.”

Louis led her out of the house. “Thank you. I was afraid you wouldn’t believe me.” She wiped her nose and sat down in the passenger seat of the car.

“You called me to help you; I wasn’t there in time to save you both. Harry is…was my best mate, but if he tried killing you, you had the right to defend yourself. No one would believe you, but I do. The boys do. We all heard your screams for help.” Louis shut the door and circled around the car, hopping into the driver’s seat and started the car.

“I can’t wait to finally get away from this place.” She looked at the house and smiled. “It’s been too long.”
♠ ♠ ♠
The end.

Final word count is 3,686

Took me a good...couple of weeks.

Comments?

xx Bambi