Status: Active

Save Me

Prologue

Blood, there was blood everywhere. Bailey stared at her wrist in shock; she didn’t think there would be this much. Sitting back against the kitchen cabinets she let the tears stream down her face. This is what she wanted right? She thought about her parents and her brothers. How heart broken would they be?

Her vision started to swim and the kitchen looked more like the surface of the ocean. The blood thinners and alcohol in her system were doing their job as her eyes started to droop.

“It’ll all be over soon,” she whispered. The searing pain in her wrist had settled into a dull pulse. Her eyes slowly closed as she slipped into unconsciousness.


The hushed voices in her room were what woke Bailey from her nightmare. She groggily took a peak at the florescent white scar that she bore on her wrist. Still closed, it had just been a dream again.

She slowly lifted herself into a sitting position before turning her attention toward the visitors in the corner. The five adults sitting in the corner were huddled together pouring over what looked like brochures.

“Ah you’re awake!” exclaimed the middle aged Indian woman. Dr. Patel had been her primary psychiatrist at the center since “the incident”. The London born woman had a caring nature about her that Bailey found very comforting.
“Your family and I were just talking about your future plans!”

“My future plans?”

“Yes,” she smiled warmly at the petite blonde.

“Bailey,” Linda Staal sat gently next to her only daughter. “We think it would be best for you to stay with Jordan and Amanda in Raleigh. With the lockout he’ll be able to keep an eye on you and you could work on your masters program at Duke. Remember you got in?” Bailey nodded mutely, she knew that she didn’t have much say in the matter.

“You still want to be a crummy old artist right Bails?” Jordan smiled at his baby sister. She nodded again.

“Well as long as you continue your treatment I am full support of this decision.” Dr. Patel gave her another warm smile. “Let’s get some paper work done and you can be on your way!”

“Jordan are you sure about this?” Bailey whispered.

“Bails you’re my sister. Eric and I fought over who got you. Trust me there was nothing I am more sure of.” Jordan gave his sister a hug.

Before she knew it Bailey was sitting in a first class seat watching the skyline of Raleigh come into view. She put the sleeve of her shirt down around the palm of her hand making sure to hide her scar. This was a new start, a fresh start, and she was going to make sure that she didn’t leave it behind.
♠ ♠ ♠
So a little heavy for the first installment but I'm really excited to see where this is going. :) read and review guys!