Wake Me Up and Let Me Know You're Alive

You Kill Me (In A Good Way)

Kellin knew the therapist was getting frustrated. He found it kind of funny. The therapist, Ms.Cindy, asked questions, but Kellin never answered. He only blinked. This had been going on for at least an hour. Ms.Cindy finally gave up and told them to come back another day. They got in the car and began to drive home, but they stopped after a minute.
"Kellin.." his mother said quietly. "Do you want to visit Vic's grave before we head home?"
Kellin bit his lip and nodded a little. He hadn't gone to see the grave in a long time. It was painful for him to go there, but I'm a nice sort of way. They drove up to the cemetery and let Kellin go to Vic's grave by himself. He sat down in front of the tombstone and looked at the picture of Vic that was set on top of it. He stroked his thumb over the glass covering the picture and smiled a little. He looked up to the sky, the sun was setting by now. "You'll be back, won't you?" Kellin whispered to the grave. "I still wait in the tree everyday. I miss you Vic, I miss you so much." Kellin's voice cracked a little as he began to cry. He held on to the bracelet Vic had made him in third grade art class. It was the thing that kept him living; knowing Vic cared and he would be back. Vic had promised to be there for Kellin forever.
Vic always kept his promises.
"Kellin, honey, it's getting late. We need to head home." His mother's voice cut in from the car.
Kellin stood and looked at Vic's grave. "I'll be back soon," he said softly. "I still believe in you. Do you still believe in me?" He touched the picture of Vic one more time before walking to the car. His heart hurt, but in a good way. He knew Vic was listening to him, he could feel it.

***

Kellin was angry. No, he was furious. His parents had been trying to get him to take anti-depressants and tried to make him eat. Kellin denied being anorexic or depressed. He ran up to his room and locked the door. His parents were wrong. There was nothing wrong with him. He grabbed his pocketknife from the floor and cut his arm as he so often did, but this time it didn't work. It didn't give him what he wanted. He wanted Vic. He dug through his closet until he found the old jump rope that he and Vic played with in second grade. Blood was dripping from his arm to the floor at this point. He was done waiting. He wanted to be with Vic now. He climbed up onto the window pane and tied a noose on the curtain rod. He put the rope around his neck and looked down at the floor. Tears were streaming down his face and he closed his eyes. Just as he was about to jump off the window pane, he heard a voice. "Kellin, don't. Kells, please. Don't do this." It was Vic's voice.
Kellin screamed and took the rope from around his neck. He collapsed to the ground and began to scream and shake. He heard him. He heard Vic. Vic must've seen him. Kellin was ashamed; the last thing he wanted to do was let Vic see him like that. He sobbed and screamed on the ground. His wrists were bleeding out still, and he felt the burning pain. He heard his parents screaming from the other side of the door. He heard the door breaking and falling off its hinges. He felt his parents shake him and scream. But he didn't pay attention.
He was staring at the long haired boy sitting on his window pane.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is where the story gets more interesting (I think. I hope) I'll be updating again soon. Or later. I dunno. When I feel like it. This was a short one, sorry.