The Boy Who Could Fly

Is This What You Call a Family

Back to Kellin's P.O.V.

"Justin slow down!"
"Not until you tell me why you did that." He said it so calm and with his eyes facing the road.
"SLOW DOWN!" I panicked. He was going seventy on an empty road going out of San Diego. I don know what the hell was wrong with him but when I didn't see him in the cafeteria with the others I knew something did. But what?
The others were my friends, they were nice to me when I first came.

"TRUCK!" The truck was right in front of us now. Justin would have to crash into the back of the truck or turn and lose control of the car. I put my hand in front of my face ready for the collision.
"Calm down Kelly" like nothing he turned the steering wheel just enough to take pass it like it weren't even there. He was a fucking good driver.

"Stop the car before you kill us both!"
"Tell me why you did that."
"DID WHAT! You're the one who left all psycho!"
"Don't call me that.." His face went to one of anger to a blue one. He finally slowed down and stopped the car At a gas station.
"I'm sorry I didn't mean it."
"I know. But why did you leave me alone? You know I can't be left with strangers, especially with that scary guy in the room."
"I'm sorry I just had to talk to my b- my friend in private."
"Cut the crap Kelly I you told me you two were a thing remember?"
"Oh Yeah.. So what happen when I left?"
"They started to talk t-to me. Asking me all these questions and I couldn't do it. I-I panicked. I ran out into the hall but you weren't there so I left. First day and I already look like a freak.." His voice was barely a whisper now but I understood. He has social anxiety and was diagnosed with depression. Then as if that weren't enough he was slightly bipolar. So that explained how crazy he was just minutes ago. But he was calm now, realizing what he did and I could tell he regretted it.

"Justin it's okay they're good people. Just give them a chance to get to know you."
"That's what I-I'm afraid of. If I let them they're not gonna like me. No one ever gives me the chance to show them I'm a nice guy. Not even my family, My family gave up on me.."
"That's cuz they're a bunch of homophobic bastards. Honestly what kind of dad does that?"
"Ours do.. They both left."
"I mean a real father that has balls? Those two are idiots, and your mom.. Well I guess she just couldn't take it anymore."
"She couldn't take havin a freak son I get it. That's why she killed herself. It's my fault." He let his grip on the steering wheel go and began to cry.
"No it's not its that fucker's fault. Come on Justin. Lets go home."
"I have no home."
"Yes you do.. Me and my mom are your new family. So can we please go back to our home?"
"Sure." He wiped the tears off his face and began driving us back home.

On Saturday my mom had gone to meet an old friend. But when she got there the house was run down and looked abandoned. She went inside after hearing noises and saw Justin shoving clothes and other belongings into a backpack. She said that when he looked at her he broke down and began to cry..
"She's gone.. She's gone.." After calming him down he told her what happened with his parents. A Father who beat them and a mother who gave up on life.
My mom came sunday night and told me she would do what she could to Help him out. It was really easy. The Aunt he had been living with didn't care and gave us custody of Justin. He was my new brother..

"Mom we're home!" I yelled so she could hear us.
"Why are you here so early?"
"I'm sorry Miss I just couldn't-"
"It's okay Justin. Just call me next time so I know okay? You can trust me."
"Okay." He shrugged it off and went to the basement, his new room. I followed behind and saw him holding his bass. His mother had gotten it for him last Christmas.
"It's gonna be alright Justin."
"I hope so Kelly."
"Wow I thought you would call me Kells like my mom."
"Nah I like Kelly. And I read a text you got in the car.. 'Kells what's wrong. Wish I was there last night, I missed you yesterday'. Yeah I saw that guys face and opened it."
"Can't a guy get some privacy with his boyfriend?"
"Nope."
"You're gonna pay for that." I took a pillow from his bed and threw it right at his face.
"Hey!" He did the same and we began an epic battle of pillow fight. He won. I can definitely get use to having him around all the time.