The Boy Who Could Fly

This is my Life

(The * ones stand for what the voice inside his head are saying)

Justin's P.O.V.
" Justin.. I'm gonna go see Kellin, would you like to come with?"
"Always." My mother smiled and walked out my room closing the door behind her. I let out a long sigh and got off my bed and changed into something more appropriate. Sure I was just wearing an old Metallica top, but I couldn't wear it out. I learned not to wear this kind of stuff out side a long time ago, especially in public places filled with judgmental people. I threw on a simple black crew neck and some chucks to leave.
Time to see my best friend in a hospital.

"Don't tell him anything okay?"
"Yes mom." We were in the elevator going up to his floor. I held the bars on the walls in the far left corner and stared at the floor to keep my eyes off the doors. I had dreams before when the elevators would stop and I would be trapped. Whenever I opened the doors I would fall to my death or there'd be a fire engulfing me to join the flames. We finally reached our floor and I had to restrain myself from running out and tumbling over some patient's crutches..
"Kellin?"
"Come in guys." We walked in and saw him there bored on his phone. His face still looked bad. At least his nose was back to normal and didn't look like it had been broken.
"What?"
"Nu-nothing.. So do you feel better?"
"Not really, still hurts a bit when I move." I watched as he tried to sit himself up and failed when he held his ribs tight.
"Did I fucking fall off a cliff? Seriously why does everything hurt." He said it as a statement and looked at me for answers. I just couldn't tell him.
"Mom?" I turned to her for she could explain. She sighed and sat on the small chair next to Kellin, taking his good hand and squeezing it.

"Kellin. You were taken from the house, last tuesday. With nothing left but your broken phone and a bloody tooth."
"No wonder, I was gonna ask about that."
"Let me finish. So the police tried to investigate what happened. They had no trace and couldn't find a single clue where you went or anything at all. They found you on Saturday. Dead.."
I watched as Kellin's eyes grew wide and suddenly dropped from her gaze.
"Who found me."
"No one knows, they called for an ambulance on a public phone and never said who they were. You were pronounced dead on the way here. After some work they got you back, right when they thought were you done for.. You woke up screaming and almost lost yourself again. The second time you didn't wake up. You stayed asleep in a a coma I guess. Since Sunday we were practically living here. Then yesterday you finally woke up my love. Oh Kellin, I'm trying to be strong for you, both of you. I-I can't.."
"Mom?" I went to her side and held her tight. She was so stressed out and tired from all of this. Kellin reached out as far as he could and caught her hand in his, pulling to his lips and holding to his chest.
"Mom, you are strong. Strong enough to get your life straight and get better. You have me and Justin now. You got your life back mom. We love you and dot want to see you like this. Go home and get some sleep. And remember that we need you mommy." She was tearing up and didn't hold them back. She pulled me in closer to Kellin and hugged us both. I dont think I can ever get use to these "family hugs", but right now... It felt so good. Good to be loved and accepted in this new family of mine.
*This isn't your family, you have no family. You killed them!* I knew the voice was lying. I just have to ignore it. Just ignore it Justin,don't listen to the voice.

"Enough crying. Justin if you want to stay, you gotta do your homework while you're here. I'll be back later to pick you up. Try not to any your brother too much okay.. I love you both." She let go an walked out. I turned back to Kellin and began to laugh.
"What's so funny?"
"Nothing.. Just that, isn't it weird? You were dead bro.. Dead and yet somehow you came back to us."
"Yeah, I guess it wasn't my time." He shrugged and scratched at his cast.
"Good thing too." His eyes grew sad and he turned away to look out the window.
"Justin, do you ever wonder why things happen?"
"Only when I feel lifeless." I answered honestly. I only thought about that kind of stuff when I felt like I didn't deserve to live. And lately I haven't thought of it. Not as much as before..
*Oh Justin,* The fuck is with this voice?

"The last time I was in a hospital was when I tried to kill myself. It was nothing like this, all I had was this." He waved a hand in the air and pointed to the scar on his wrist. Thank god he didn't succeed. I heard my phone vibrate, I checked it but it was from a number I didn't know. Should I answer?

"He-hello?"
"Justin?"
"This is him."
"Can we talk? It's Vic."

I turned to Kellin and saw his curious eyes looking at me.
"Don't know, ill be back." Wow that was easy lying. I walked out the room and out to the waiting room. I let out a big sigh an waited for him to say something..

"Vic? What do you want?"
"I just want to talk. I figured you could use someone to talk to."
"About?"
"Your brother Kellin of course! It must suck with out having him at home, you having to be there in his home and with his mom. Losing him must be hard. But I hope you all get better.."
"It's fine now. But where did you go?"
"No where.. Don't tell anyone I called you. But did you find him?"
"Yeah, they found him dead. It's a long story like at first he was b-"
"Stop."
"Sorry.. But there's more to it he-"
"Justin, drop it okay.. Goodbye."

"Who was that?"
"No one, just wrong number."
"Then why did you take so long?"
"I had too pee."
"There's a bathroom right there." He pointed me to the corner where the bathroom was located.
"Oh."
"So?"
"What now? I doubt you're gonna do your homework, Justin."
"I am offended Kellin. You calling me a liar"
"No, just saying you had a different idea of what to do."
"Truth." He gave me a wide grin and held in his giggles. I could tell that everything hurt still. Poor brother..
"What do you think about Vic." I blurted out.
"I think he is a coward."
"But don't you miss him?"
"Yes, always.. But why hasn't he come back Justin? Doesn't he want to be with me?"
"Maybe it was to much for him?"
"No. If it were him that got killed. I would have been here for him every fucking second of the day."
"Calm down Kellin."
"You're right.. I should have known. He doesn't care enough to be here for me.."
"Don't say that Kelly, of course he-"
"I think you should call mom now." He snapped at me. I looked up at him to see his eyes shut facing his head at the ceiling. He doesn't want me here.
*Who would Justin, rat!*
I heard the voice in the back of my head and shook it out as I got off my chair and walked out with out another word. Kellin does want me, he just needs time. He's in a bad place, he wants me as his brother.. I know he does..
*Lies!*