The Boy Who Could Fly

Let Me Be All Alone

"So.. You think Ronnie did this?"
"Yes. Like when I hit his foot he saw me and had this weird look on his face."
"Like he was suprised you were alive or?"
"I dunno. He got pissed off, but got all distracted. He told me to watch my step, then left. I could hear Jesse behind me holding in his giggles at the word "step". Yeah keep laughing at me wait until I can walk again.
"That's Ronnie, and he didn't hit you?"
"Nope."
"Dude he tried punching me in class! Thank god Gabe was there." Jesse added.
"What? He knows I have the entire football and basketball teams with me. And with Vic gone he's trying to get rid of the system."
"But what about Mike, Tony and Jaime?" I asked, surely they know what to do. Gabe may have the entire athletic school body with him, but they wouldn't do anything to jeopardize their spots in teams or future scholarships.
"Mike is too busy looking for Vic and dealing with their parents, and Jaime can't do it by himself."
"Wait what about the tall one? Tony." Jesse interrupted.
"Yeah about him... He got suspended."
"What? When why!" Tony was a good friend, he wasn't the type of guy to get in trouble like that.
"I thought you knew? Well I guess Ronnie beat up his cousin, and Tony straight up punched him right away. It was like after school it just happened."
"Wait here I got it all on my phone!" Jack fumbled off the recliner he was on and looked through his backpack to retrieve his phone.
"I was walking over to my car with him and Jaime. Tony got a text and got super pissed off like you couldn't imagine. His face was dead serious and his veins popped out his arms! He saw Ronnie walk out from the back building and walked over to him. Probably right after you talked to him. I took out my phone and got it all. Here." He handed it to me, and I couldn't believe it.

*Video Footage in third person POV*
"Ronnie!" Tony yelled across the parking lot, filled with rage and pure hatred towards Ronnie Radke. Tony had just received a text from his cousin, Christina. Christina told him her younger brother was jumped by a group of kids that they didn't recognize. She sent him a picture of the younger on the ground being held down by the attacker. That was when Tony got furious, he could see Ronnie's devilish smirk looking down on the innocent kid. It was blurry, but he knew it was Ronnie, and he was ready to stand up for the kid.
"Oh hey Turtle, whatcha got for me?" Ronnie chuckled as he walked on the grass unaware of what was next. He was with a friend and some cute girl with them when Tony had walked up to the group.
"I'm gonna kick your ass!" Tony yelled, grabbing Ronnie's hood and pulling him down to the ground. Ronnie was on dropped to his knees when suddenly Tony jerked his knee up, hitting his nose just right to brake it for sure. Students could be seen running to the sight and forming a wide circle around the pair. Tony practically pounced on Ronnie, pinning him down with his knees on each shoulder, and let out his anger. Students were all over yelling obscenities and cheering for the one they hope would win. Teachers began to run to the site but couldn't get inside the tight spaces.
But just as Tony was so close to punching Ronnie's lip.
"TONY STOP!" his best friend Jaime pulled him away as Mike grabbed Ronnie by his jacket and kept his distance. Both were begging and trying to shake off the one's holding them. But they separated the fight too late. Teachers had called police and security were already there, grabbing Tony and Ronnie away and forcing them against a brick wall of the building they had been fighting next to. Tony could already feel the handcuffs around his wrists and the regret building up in him. But it was worth it. Ronnie dared to mess with his family. The sirens came closer and in seconds after they were being pushed into police cars an driven away.
"DAYUUUM TONY!" Jack yelled as the sirens fade out.

*Kellin's P.O.V. Again*
"Dude why didn't you do anything!" I snapped at Jack.
"Jaime told me to stay there. So I did!"
"Yeah and you were totally screaming like a bitch."
"Shut up Gabe!" We laughed a bit and just let it go.
"Damn, where the fuck is he?"
"Who?"
"Vi-"
"LUCY IM HOOME!" Perfect timing for Justin!
"Finally!"
"Dude you got In-N-Out! I love you!" Jesse ran up to him and took a box of French fries from.
"Sorry Jesse I'm not gay." He chuckled, letting the ginger take all the fries from him.
"Jesse I thought you loved me?" Jack came behind Jesse and pecked his cheek as he took some fries away from his boyfriend. It was always funny to watch them act gay. No, they weren't acting, they were gay. Like, they were happy, but the other meaning just didn't even begin to sum up ehat they had. Gay isn't the right word for this.
Love. Jesse and Jack were in love with each other. It was amazing, they didn't have to show it all the time. Just holding hands was enough to give off a vibe that what they had was strong and would definitely last in the long run. When Jesse was with out Jack I could tell he felt a bit lonely. Even in class when they were across the room from each other, he would stare at Jack's head until the boy would turn his head and smile back. Then at the end of each class all day they would exchange their "I love you" and hold hands for just five minutes, before exchanging kisses once again and leaving for the next class. All day this was happening.
"Hey Kellin, we gotta talk." I snapped out of my thoughts and faced Jesse standing begin me ready to push me away.
"Sure bro." He rolled me out to the backyard and closed the doors behind us.
"Look I-I know how you're feeling right now. I get it. But stop it, you're starting to creep Jack out okay?"
"What are you talking about?" I questioned back.
"Dude you've been staring at me and Jack all day! And not just us, at anyone holding hands, you even held your mouth open when you saw the janitor kiss his wife at lunch!" He flailed his arms around just to exaggerate what he was saying.
"Sorry Jesse, didn't know I was." I shrugged as I let out a low sigh, turning my head from him to look out to the yard. It wasn't much of a sight. Some bushes by the fence at the far end, a small water fountain for birds in the center, and a path that encircled around it coming straight for the back door.
"Kellin, he's coming back. I know he will, Vic, he really li-"
"I'm gonna have to stop you there Jesse. Drop it okay?" I was sick of having everyone tell me and annoy me with this crap. He's gone.
"Fine, forget I ever said it." He patted my shoulder and walked back in the house.
"Ah nevermind." I shook the thought away just as fast as it came to me. I shouldn't be so dependent on my past. If he doesn't want to come back. That's his decision. My decision is to just have fun with my friends and live life now like I have been since I moved here. I closed my eyes and inhaled the scent of the autumn leaves falling all over the yard. Thank to the trees from neighbors lawns that were so big, they gave shade to ours and brought leaves with it. I tried to remember what it was like in my old house in Michigan, dead grass and junk all over. Broken doors from when Father would barge in rooms, an old mattress with scratchy sheets, and hiding spots for what I thought was my only relief. My blades and glass pieces from when Father had drunkenly ran in the house through the glass doors.
Never would I go back to being a numb person,so lifeless being drowned in misery. No, I changed. I'm not depressed anymore. I have no anxiety issues, no stupid thoughts p everyone hating me, and I had no plans in ending this new life I had. I'm sticking to what I got. I have my mother, an awesome brother, and friends who were honestly the best anyone could ask for.
"Kellin were headed over to the music shop!" Justin called from the kitchen window. Justin, my brother. I opened my eyes and turned my wheelchair to the door.
"Hey guys! Wait for me!"