The Boy Who Could Fly

Taste Of Blood Remains

Vic's family had left the day after our breakfast reunion to the mountains. Big Bear lake, I think.. His family went every year to a cabin they owned. Now it was Christmas eve and I felt sad because I wouldn't be spending it with my boyfriend.. He just came back and now he's gone again. It's not the same, but still.. I miss that mexican.
I was at home playing video games all day with Justin. Right now I was losing in a final race for the title of "champion of the house". We were only playing Need for Speed and any other game we could find laying around. It was only to kill time at first.. But now, it was war! I just wish Vic was here to see how great I was. Maybe he could've been playing with us for the championship of the best player.
"Pay attention asshole!" A paper ball hit my head after Justin rolled his eyes at me. I took my eyes off the game menu and rubbed my ear where the ball had hit. I gave him a rude glare and rolled my eyes as I got up on my own feet.
"Where ya going?"
"Calm down, I'll be right back."
"And when you do I'm so gonna ruin you high score."
"You can try." I said suggestively with a chuckle as I walked up the stairs of the basement. I could already hear him start complaining that I always cheat. I laughed on my way out at his whining..
I walked to my room and shut the door behind me, turning the lock. I took a deep breathe as I thought about the secret hiding spot and remembered it was under the floorboard in the closet. I guess the people who lived here had gotten new floors and carpets but didn't fix the ones for my closet. It was a lucky thing for me. The old worn out wood was easy to remove for my spot. I got on my knees and moves around some shoes of mine to clear out some space. I creaked open the floor and looked inside the floors. Inside the little dark space was a plastic bag with my little surprise for everyone. I took it out and emptied out the content of the bags on the floor.
First I opened the small jewelry box and smiled at my mom's present. A pair of turquoise diamond studs I had seen on sale at a department store a few days ago. We were out shopping around for some ladies at her job when we passed bye them. I had ran back while mom was trying on clothes in the woman's section. She liked them on the display cases, she's gonna love them on her!
Next I got a key. I had gotten Justin a new green bass with new strings and a pack of his favorite picks. The bass was hidden in a case in our garage. But just in case he found it, I locked it up real good so he couldn't possibly open it with out ruining it..
I had saved up a lot for these presents... But the last ones I picked up, were priceless. Two tickets to Disneyland, just before we get back to school. The second was a nice fancy looking watch I saw at Macy's I knew he would obsess over. He didn't own one so this would be very helpful. He would look so good with it on, sexy...
I shook my head and chuckled a bit at where my brain was going with this. I put the jewelry box, key, tickets and the box with the expensive watch all back into the bag and gently placed it back into the floor, and tossed my shoes back in the closet.

"What took you so long?" Justin asked as I sat back and took the control from the bed.
"Nothing." I smirked and looked at his tv, already thinking of ways to beat him in the next race.
"Final race." He stated. I nodded and decided I would completely crush him. His confidence wouldn't be hurt, he would just push himself harder to try to get better at it until he accomplished his goal. Yep, that would take a long time.
I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and I checked the caller ID before answering. Unknown...
"Hello?" I wished it was Vic, calling me to check in or something.
"Tell anyone who this is and you're gonna regret it." I immediately ran up the stairs and locked myself into my room once again.
"How did you get my number?" I asked. This was definitely not anything close to what I thought.
"Does it matter? And don't bother, I'm calling from a pay phone."
"What the fuck do you want Ronnie?" I sighed into the phone.
"The question you should be asking is what I know about how you were kidnapped over a month ago and why. Wondering why they would hire a guy from Mexico to come all the way to your house just to stuff you into a van down to an abandoned warehouse just outside the east side of town. Why they forced him, me, and others to beat you until you were out cold, just to taunt you until you woke up. Why the person who set this all up was so obsessed with torturing you, making sure you got the point that you would never see the light of day again. You should be thanking me for calling the ambulance right after you were thrown out the back of a white 98 Chevy van you could easily point out with the black doors and a small "til death" bumper sticker. You should be happy I am calling you." I can't feel my heart. I just held the phone next to my ear with one hand as the other pulled my hair and scratched the scalp.
"Are you taking notes??"
"Uh n-no?"
"Doesn't matter. I'm in front of the police station."
"Why?"
"Because I'm sick of the bullshit in my life.. I'm only 17 and I'm already addicted to alcohol and drugs. I'm going no where. So if there's one thing I can do.. It's to do the right thing and turn myself in." What? I was in shock, everything was spinning in my head. I felt dizzy. What could I say?
"I forgive you."
"I didn't say I was sorry." He snapped.
"Kidding.." He said after a short lives awkward silence.
"Good luck." I wished, he needs all the luck he can get if he's really turning himself in.
"Ronnie?"
"What?"
"Who did it?"
"Guess you'll just have to wait and see." He snickered a bit before the line went dead.

I laid down, pulling the blankets from my bed down to the floor to cover myself. I feel like a little caterpillar in a cocoon, trying to conceal myself an hide away from the realities in life. I thought if I tried hard enough to think about the days I was gone I would remember what happen to me. But no, I dreamed of it.

"Kellin?" I sat up too fast and jumped up to the door. I opened it and saw my mom standing in the hall.
"Oh my, baby, why are you so sweaty? Are you okay dear?" She reached out to hold my face and examined me.
"It's hot in here?" I answered.
"Okay... Well how about you jump in the shower and meet me and Justin in the kitchen when you're ready."
"Why?"
"We need to talk about some stuff. But never mind that, go shower." She shooed me back Ito the room and closed the door as she left. I heard her footsteps quiet down until she was gone. I reached down and picked my phone up. I had messages from Victor.

Vic: hey baby <3
Vic: Kells u ok??
Vic: answer me please:(
Vic: I got a call I'm coming home
Vic: ily talk to me
Vic: Kellin u r missing again! Please REPLY?!

I rolled my eyes at his dramatic messages and felt warm inside knowing he worries so much.

Me: If I'm missing how would I tell u I am?
Vic: u little shit U SCARED ME
ME: sorry love, call u later?
Vic: any time;)
♠ ♠ ♠
Ehh idk I don't like the chapter.. IM SORRY I HAVEN'T BEEN UPDATING MY LIFE IS TENSE AND STRESSFUL I MISS U FUCKERS!! COMMENT?!