The Boy Who Could Fly

Tear This Place Apart.

October. When it gets cold and the kids get ready and create their costumes. Teenage girls dressing up as slutty as they can and teenage boys going insane in their pants.
I never had that. My dad never wanted to get me a costume, I never got invited to parties, and I didn't care about the raging horny teenagers.

"Kellin what are you gonna do for Halloween?" I shook the thoughts out of my head.
"Nothing much Jack. Probably stay home and watch some horror movies with my mom."
"Ah come on I'm inviting a few friends over you can spend it with us."
"Okay, if you're cool with that I'm down."
"Awesome." I took a bite from an apple I had been staring at and looked around the cafeteria. Across the room I saw my old "coulda been" friends. Now just normal classmates. At first they seemed confused why I ignored them now but soon got the point I just didn't want to talk with them as much. Sure I would still be nice and say hey whenever they said something but other than that I didn't really talk to them at all. Especially when Vic was there. Just like he wanted.
"Stop staring."
"Sorry."
"Don't be. Vic's a total ass for making you do this. Fucking dick."
"Nah it's alright Jesse. He was right, it's not like they care anyways."
"Come on kellin lets go." We got up and headed out just in time before the bell rang. We all split up and I went to my government class. I saw Tony as I sat down. He placed a note on my desk before sitting in front of me again. I played with a bracelet I had on to cover my wrist, I honestly didn't carebif anyone saw them anymore. But I only covered the deep ones right on my wrists with the bunched up bracelets.

"Sup Kellin..
Sorry for Vic being such a dick to you. I figured he said something to you bro. Some of us are still cool with you though. You're still my friend Kellin. Well anyways I heard that your friend Jack was having a party at his place. Mind if I join?" I looked up an stared at his head for a minute. God he could read me like a fucking picture book! And why did he still want to be my friend?

"Uhm it's fine whatever.
I guess you can come if Jack lets you it's his party not mine."

"Cool. It gets better Kellin, trust me."

For the rest of class I took notes until the bell rang. Fuck. I could always skip my next class since I didn't need it to graduate. But I couldn't since it was Friday. I had a new song due today and Mrs. Lucker was eager to hear me. She always was. She told me I had real talent. And she would be the one to know that well. Especially since she was married to the one and only Mitch Lucker from suicide silence. Now that guy, was truly amazing and so talented.

"Alright guys a piece about friendship. Best friends, just met eachother, having them there when you need them for you. Betrayal, the stage when you realize you love them more than you know. Show me what you got." With that one by one we all went up. First were the ones that didn't care and just wanted to get it over with, a guy named Alex who was even better than me, And others who seemed nervous but got the balls to go up. Then Hayley and Vic.

"Baby stay away from my friends.
Cause I need them to carry me home
When it's over I'll count back from ten and you can listen,
To glass heart shattering."

"Vic I said friendship."
"I know, after a hard breakup you feel lost and so much hate. But your friends are there. And you don't want that other person near them." He looked at me with sad eyes when he said that last part. What the fuck was he trying to say with that shit?

"I'll let it slide Vic. Kellin?" I got up and Tony had insisted he play guitar for me in this song. So he sat next to me on a stool and began the first notes to the song.

"True friends lie underneath,
These witty words I don't believe
I can't believe a damn thing they say anymore
Lie! Liar, you'll pay for your sins
Now! Liar, I know all the places you've been
Forgiveness this taste all but poisons my mouth
I scream but nothing, nothing will come out
You've gone too far
So tell me how does it feel, how does it feel to be like you?
I think your mouth should be quiet 'cause it never tells the truth
So tell me, so tell me why, why does it have to be this way?
Why can't things ever change?
Falling over and over again
Oh, why does it have to be this way?
From the place I was, to the place I am, to the place I want to be
For the mountains I've been climbing over and under and over
From the place that I was to the man I've become
I'll be there to see the tower you'll fall from
No, this kingdom isn't quite what it may seem
You're an illusion, you'll never be king
So tell me how does it feel, how does it feel to be like you?
I think your mouth should be quiet 'cause it never tells the truth
So tell me, so tell me why, why does it have to be this way?
Why can't things ever change?
Come down, come down from your tower
I know that for all my life, for all my strength
There is only one above who can judge me
All I am is yours, I am yours.."

"Thank you." I went back to my seat and buried my face in my hands.
"Hey Kellin, great lyrics."
"Thanks Alex, you were great too."
"Thanks bro." He gave me a high five and turned again to talk to the guy next to him.
"Alright guys so I have a challenge. I will be pairing you up with someone in class and you'll have this next month to make a full song. Recorded and given to me in November. If it goes good from now on you can choose your own partners. It's gonna count for a big part of your grade so work hard everybody and put effort into this." She took out her clip board and began pairing people.

"Tony and Jenna
Jack and Hayley
Beau and Eric
Alex and Alan
Gerard and Billie Joe
Kellin and Vi-"
"No!" She couldn't no way.

Vic's P.O.V.
"No!" No? I thought he would like this? What the hell!
"Kellin behave you're working with Mr.Fuentes." I begged her this week to pair me up with him and this is the thanks I get? Ugh I'm trying to be nice to him and he does that? I turned around and surely he was staring at me with that angelic face of his. I shot him a dirty look and he looked down quickly. Aw why did I do that!

"Vic what are you doing?"
"What Hay? I did this to be nice and he's being a dick."
"Well after trying to rape him and throw him out your car yeah he's gonna be like that. Especially with you keeping him away from us."
"I wasn't gonna rape him in my car!"
"Okay whatever you did this so don't bitch to me about it just talk to him."
"Fine!" I was silenced by the bell and everyone began to leave. I caught up with Kellin and turned him around.
"We need to talk."
"Are you gonna kiss me again? Cause if you are fuck you."
"No it's not that kells its the project."
"Don't call me that." He snapped.
"Kellin please." I dragged him back into the empty classroom.
"Kellin I'm sorry for being a dick and telling you all that shit."
"Whatever. Vic don't do this."
"What?"
"This! Say your sorry. You shouldn't be. It's all my fault, you're not the first to make me stay away from people, you get use to dicks trying to tell you what to do. I always get pushed by people so don't feel so special." He turned away and began to walk out.
"Wait Kells!" I reached for his wrist but as I held it he smacked my hand.
"Don't you fucking dare call me that agin! And don't touch my scar ever again!" I grabbed his hand with force and there it was. It seemed all healed up but by the looks of it this one was deeper than the rest, too deep to survive from. Just like mine.. My poor baby was so broken, I just wanted to hug him but as I pulled him he somehow was set free.
"stay away from me!" he flipped a chair and stomped out the room.
oh god what did I do to him. why did I ever think it was okay to let him go. I sat down and took a guitar ready to make something. If he didn't want to talk to me, fine.. But I still need to pass this class.
"Fuck this." I threw the guitar across the room and stormed to my car. When I got home I took out some junk from my closet and threw a floor board to look for my old friend.
I need to let it out.
I needed my shiny friend.
I need to relapse.
I need it..
"I did what I could." I pulled her out of her case and placed her on her throne of my arm. She was so beautiful. The dried up blood could never stop her beauty. My old razor came to life in front of as she danced in red waterfalls.
"Why would I let you go."
♠ ♠ ♠
What the fuck is wrong with me!