The Boy Who Could Fly

Make Every Second Divine

"You wanted to talk to me?"
"Yes Kellin. It's about class." I was alone now with my music teacher after being told she wanted to talk to me. After what happened in class the other day she seemed so worried about my reaction to being paired up with Vic. And when he came to school on Monday he competely ignored my existance. She could tell I really didn't feel comfortable with it. I hated it.
"Yes?"
"I noticed you stopped talking to your frienards.You ignore the ones you seemed so happy with when you first started here. Why were you mad when I made Victor your partner. You seem so quiet now."
"Well that's how I've always been. Quite and ignored by people. I thought it changed when I came here. But of course I can't have friends."
"Everyone deserves a friend. Kellin."
"They do.. But not everyone gets to have one. I thought Vic was my friend. But now he wants me to stay away. And the others don't really talk to me anymore either. I thought that things would change for the better here. I was wrong. Sure I have Jesse and Jack. But what he did really hurt me."
"It's okay Kellin I know somti-"
"Where's my beautiful wife at!"
"Mommy!"
"Mitch I told you I was coming home late."
"I know but Kenna wanted to see her mommy."
"On my god. I'm sorry Kellin this is my husband and our little girl Kenadee."
"Mitch Lu-Lucker."
"The one and only." He bowed and gave me a handshake. He came up and sat on a desk that faced Mrs. Lucker's desk. The little girl took out a box of chalk from her backpack and started drawing little rainbows and hearts on the board.
"Wow you're band is amazing. You guys really are awesome."
"Thanks Kellin, it means a lot."
"Anyways, Kellin I hope you can move past this and try to work with him enough to do your project."
"What's wrong with him?"
"He's gone through a lot lately."
"Always have." I added with a low sigh.
"Kellin, what makes you feel better after a shitty day." He seemed so nice and welcoming to me. I knew he has bad social anxiety so I tried my best to be nice and respectful of him.
"I guess listening to music."
"I want you to do that whenever you feel bad. Keep listening to music, cause it gets you through everything. I promise."
"Thank you so much."
"And Jolie told me about you the other day. Seems like you have a future as a musician. If you can get through high school I guarantee you will go far in life. You have a good voice. Don't waste it."
"Thank you so much Mr. Lucker."
"Call me Mitch. And you only live once Kellin Quinn.. Make every second worth it while you're here. Don't let this overcome you." As he finished Kenadee made her way over and started to play with my hair as I picked her up.
"Daddy I like his hair. You're pretty!" Her eyes were so beautiful, she was the most prettiest little girl on the planet. I was suprised how nice she was.
"Thank you pretty little lady."
"I like you!"
"Aw that's enough sweetly lets go home now. I hope you can get past this Kellin. You're a good student."
"Thanks, I'll see you tomorrow in class." I got up and put Kenadee down. Before I left I heard my hero call after me.
"Hey Kellin."
"Yes."
"Things get better, I promise." I felt a tear in my eye and walked back to him giving him a hug. This was the best thing to ever happen.
"You have no idea how much you've helped me through."
"I think I do." He pulled up my arm and I realized my scar was visible to him right now. Oh shit.
"I don't want to see anymore of this. Promise me you won't do this again."
"I promise." I wiped the tears from my cheeks and asked him for a picture. He gladly agreed and I got a few photos of us and of him and his family. This was the best way I could ever imagine meeting one of my heroes.
" I have to go home now. It was nice to meet you."
"The pleasures all mine Kellin Quinn."
"Bye kellin!"
"Goodbye Kenadee." I blew her a kiss and made my way out of the school.

I walked home and thought about what just happened. I would keep my promise to him. And I knew exactly what to do to keep it.
When I got home I saw a note on the fridge saying my mother left to see some family she had a few hours from here. She would stay the night there. Even better..
"Where is it?" finding it under my bed I pulled out my little box from its hiding spot and took out all it's contents. I grabbed my trash bin an one by one placed them inside. I took my special blade and eyed it carefully. It seemed just like yesterday when I first used that summer before high school. It was the one who got caught by my dad. The one who kept me up at night. The one who addicted me to the pain and beauty of blood running out of my open skin. But now it's was an old used up piece of metal with no value. I threw it away in the trash and took that to the trash can out side.
"Goodbye old friend. I will never use you ever again." And that was something I would keep my word on.

"Kellin?" I turned around and there he was in his fancy looking car.
"What do you want Vic?"
"I wanted to talk about the project. That's it."
"We can talk tomorrow."
"No. We better get this over with as soon as possible."
"Fine." I waved my hand to motion him to park his car in my driveway and come in. We settled in the living room and he had his own guitar and notebook with him.

"Okay so what do you wanna write about?"
"Heartbreak, betrayal by your friends. Being lead on then finding out the person fucking hates you."
"Look Kellin I'm sorry I kissed you."
"It's not even that. You make me sick.. No one talks to me anymore thanks to you! Jack and Jesse are my only friends now. And sometimes I even feel like they're tired of being told to stay away from me."
"I haven't said anything to them."
"No. The whole school does. They think I'm a freak of nature since you shunned me. They all did the same. I hear them tell shit to Jesse each time in the hallways. None of you know me enough to even begin judging me!"
"And about what?"
"About what?" I let out a hysterical laugh. It startled him a bit but he kept on.
"Come on Kells, tell me what's so tragic about your life. Why is it that someone not wanting to be your friend hurt you. Come at me Kellin. Show me why you hate me."
"Oh please! It not that.." I let my head drop and stared at the ground. I knew why I was so upset he didn't want to talk to me anymore. And the reason why killed me more.
"What is it then!" He came closer and put his hand on my knee as he came closer to calm me down.
"This!" I grabbed him by the arm and crashed my lips on his. He didn't move. But when I backed up to give him space he held me by the collar and began to kiss back. Oh fuck what did I just do to myself. I pulled back after his grip loosened and sat back down on the floor.
"Is this why? You're gay for me?"
"I AM GAY YOU FUCKING IDIOT!" I yelled it at the top of my lungs as loud as I could. I didn't care who heard. I was and everyone already thought I was. I am Gay.
"I'm tired of the bullshit everyone puts me through. Im tired of being treated like a dog and being pushed around. Everyone hates me! My mom is the only person who even still give a fuck. Soon she's gonna leave me I know it. Just like my dad did! And I don't need you here to fucking act like you're the only thing I care about. So who fucking cares if you don't like me? I don't even like me!"
"Kells calm down."
"I don't want to feel a thing anymore." I whispered to myself.
"Kells, I do like you okay. That's why I told you to stay away from me."
"What?" I didn't look up cause I knew he was lying just to make me feel better. Anything to not see a pathetic me cry like a little bitch.
"I like you Kells, a lot. I don't even thinks its healthy. That day when I kissed you I meant it. And I wanted to do more than that. I wish I could we could work but."
"But what? Scared of being called a fag?" I began to cry when I said that. He should be, look at me I got told that everyday and it made me go through hell how badly I was judged by everyone. Shit like that can kill you, literally..
He didn't answer, he just sat there and ripped the corners of his notebook he had dropped. I was about to get up and open the door for him to leave when he pulled me closer to him and hugged me.
"Vic what are you-"
"Ssh. Just let me enjoy this." I did. He held me there for a good hour. Every now and then he would move around to make me sit on his lap and play with my hair. He even made me giggle when his leg curled over mine and he rubbed his hands on my sides. I curled up on him and began to feel very sleepy.

"Where's your room?" I pointed the way and he picked me up and carried me there. He pulled up the blankets and laid me there in my bed.
"It's late. I should go."
"No. Stay."
"Okay." He sat on the floor next to my bed and waited for me to fall asleep.
"No. Vic come over here." I wanted to take this chance to have him as close as possible. I pouted my lower lip and he joined my on my bed. It was big enough for both of us to be in so that helped. I felt him wrap his arms around my waist and his face dig into the back of my neck.
"I know this wont happen again. So I just wanna say Thanks."
"For?"
"Listening. I feel better getting that off my chest."
"This doesn't have to be the last time we do this." He gave me a light kiss on my cheek and let go to take off his jeans. I gave out a yawn and closed my eyes. Oh god he wasn't wearing pants and he's so close. I wanted this to last forever, but that would be another hopeless dream.
"Yes it does." I barely said before I drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I decided to add Mitch in this chapter. Fuck all the drama about this new "styles stomp" and all the hate this man gets. I may have not really known th band since I barely started listening to them a month before he passed away, but I know he was a great man. A wonderful father and a loving husband to Jolie. Enjoy the chapter:)