Status: Just a random Harry Potter fan fiction.

Gaze

Chapter 1

"No one told me he would have left." Hermione exclaimed. "No one told me I'd have to face it again." She was talking to Ginny with every breath she could fit in between sobs. She looked absolutely miserable. Ginny was aware in a situation like this, she would have been too. Hermione's eyes seemed almost blood shot from the fountains of cold tears that seemed to have a sparkle to them due to the temperature outside. It reminded Ginny of an iced over pond you could easily break through. It was a perfect way to think about Hermione's heart right now as well. Cold, breakable, but sensitively mushy and wet on the inside. Of course, it only worked if you understood mushy and wet stood for the sensitivity every teenage girl claims they mask.
Hermione's hair had sprinkles of snow on it. Each snowflake on each individual hair resembling the image of how a single water droplet clings to a leaf. It all would have looked beautiful if Hermione was smiling. The crisp chilly air gave off a breeze. Ginny took a deep breath letting it give off a satisfying feeling in her chest. "How could he?" Hermione asked with an innocent look to her eyes. "I...I don't know." Ginny replied. She didn't know anything other than the fact Ron had vanished. Hermione has told her and Harry numerous times before this scene on the steps that he left her here. However, no one was told anything. Harry suspects something was left behind to tell her this, but where would he have gone? This is his home, and knowing Ron he wasn't getting too far on his own. It was claimed he wasn't alone, but who was certain of that?
Harry observed Ginny and Hermione talking on the front steps through the window nearby. His mind was racing with thoughts on what was going on. Ron didn't tell him. Better yet, he didn't take Harry with him either. The nights were cold and dangerous yet he decided to leave home without a single person. It was what it was he thought. That's all it can be. Harry could tell the two of them were emotionally bonding and could see each was upset. They weren't upset about the same cause though. He tried to convince himself that Ginny's unfortunate expressions have been due to the vibe of Hermione, but that didn't seem right. As for Harry, he couldn't simply go up to her and state his interpretation to get a true response. It was a girl thing he never, and will never understand. He continually worried about both of them though.
"Hermione, would you please come inside. Your dinner is probably terribly cold by now. You've been out here for quite a while." Ginny asked Hermione slowly to make sure she didn't hit a nerve in anyway by sounding pushy. All that was given as a response was a nod from Hermione as she stood up to walk inside. Ginny followed nonchalantly with a bittersweet walk to her. As they stepped foot into the doorway Harry joined them and accompanied them at the small dinner table where Hermione's dinner was still sitting. "Hot chocolate dear?" Molly Weasly asked as she turned from the refrigerator to offer. "Yes please...If it isn't too much to ask that is." Hermione was soft spoken but just as polite as she normally was. She was simply grateful for everything Mrs. Weasly has done for her. More importantly, is still doing for her now even though her son was not with her anymore. Hermione had nowhere else to go, as she swept the memory of her parents not too long ago.
Mrs Weasly set the hot chocolate down in front of Hermione picking up her dish of food to heat it up. It took only a few seconds and before you knew it Hermione was munching away as if she was starved for a few days. Ginny took a seat besides her and Harry took the other side. Neither of them knew exactly what to say, luckily though Hermione spoke first after swallowing the mouthful she had. "We still need to find the last Horcrux." Hermione sounded just as determined as she was before the jumble taking both Ginny and Harry by surprise.
Looking around the room Hermione noted that it was empty besides the three of them. It was a fine time to talk about everything they expected to encounter along the way. 'The Dark Lord knows Hermione, he can see it." Harry said this as quickly as possible knowing Hermione would have an unpleasant response. Surely he was right. "Harry! You let him in...again!?" She didn't seem to be as shocked as the word play made it seem she was. "I can't help it." Harry gave the same blasted response every time.
It stirred a blur of uncomfortable feelings inside Ginny. She was absolutely petrified for Harry over everyone. Harry aside though, if Voldemort was able to tune in this way, let's face it, they were all in more danger then they were when they started. You would think perhaps this made Ginny slower than most, but she knew this from the beginning. What made it all new to her was how much more tuned in she was now that Harry was referred to as her 'other half.' The reality was from a first perspective to her now, instead of watching Ron, Hermione and Harry 'take care of everything' while she worried.
Without the three of them noticing, a thick black smoke started to create a circle around the center of the ceiling. It was jet black, and you couldn't see through it even if you were to attempt to shine the brightest light through it. It gradually made its way down. Harry's head began to pound. Ginny and Hermione became naturally frightened and tried to figure out where the source of his pain was coming from. Harry let out a scream as the black smoke circled around them. Ginny and Hermione became fragile, fatigued and unaware of their surroundings immediately. Harry's head fell onto the table with a thud and veins started to bulge from the general area of where his rare and feeble scar was located on his forehead. He let out another scream that sounded as if though it was an echo. He banged his fist against the table and with that, they were no longer in the Weasly residence.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's slow. -_-