Status: in progress

Nothing Compares

There Is A Chance

There is a chance

Hiding behind a wall seemed like the best option. It seemed like the two of them did not take much notice of her and were tied up in their own little conversation. They had stopped momentarily in the street opposite the docks.

'Hector, the way you address me is just plain insulting!' Hector….. That rang the bell…

'Oh calm it Sparrow, you know it was me ship don't try to deny it! The man hissed back, he had a coarse voice and he was much older. But he also mentioned Sparrow….Captain. Jack. Sparrow. Oh god.

Elizabeth gasped inwardly, the two pirates that had such a big impact on her past were now standing in the open, in Port Royal, not to mention the rain was now chucking it down and they were yelling loudly. Jack dreadlocks were plastered to his face and he was dripping in rain water, he was at a disadvantage by the looks of it, his weapons, compass and other small things that were usually attached to him were missing, even his coat. Barbossa however had all of his things.

'A little bird told me the devil is dead, by your doing I hear.' Jack's eyes flashed

'Hmm, yes Blackbeard suffered a painful death, quite a fighter I must admit Jack, much like you.' Jack turned away envious 'Very unfortunate for his so called daughter' he stated casually.

'Angelica…' Jack murmured clearly not heard from the other pirate.

She shuffled uncomfortably and pressed her back against the wall, it didn't feel right listening to them. They were still stood calmly in the rain in a strictly non-pirate port just asking for trouble. The rain trickled down her face and some getting into her hair making her cold. She suddenly felt a sneeze building inside her.

'Very well then, I say I reclaim the Pearl and you take the Revenge. I need my name back, the ship completes it mate.'

'fine, but it ain't any use now, we don't even have two crews to get two ships out of bloody Port Royal, and that Norrington bloke is bound to turn up.'

She attempted to supress it but the two heard the small noise and they turned

Barbossa pulled out his pistol to her face, she flinched 'what are you doing here? Tell us your business, I won't hesitate in shooting!' His face was full of shock and anger

Jack pushed forward 'aye hold it a moment.' He gently pulled the hood of her cloak and his eye lit up.

'Miss Swann?'

The rain plummeted down onto her dry head which she then lowered feeling ashamed. 'Captains'

'Dear god, Elizabeth I haven't seen ye in years.' Jack said half laughing in disbelief she gave him a sad smile.

Barbossa was positively confused his head whipping from Jack to her. 'It appears that I've been mistaken I apologise Miss Swann.' Barbossa said calmly.

'Of course you have.' Jack pushed down the pistol that remained in front of her face. It was hard to ignore the name they had said, she was unsure if they knew or they had not gotten used to Mrs Turner.

Jack answered her question 'sorry about Will darling.' tilting his head on one side. 'He was a very brave man. I am proud to have met him.'

'Mmm, well it seems everyone knew before the news reached here' she replied quietly

'The Flying Dutchman was very far out in sea. But the news did spread from port to port like wildfire, we're sorry it didn't appear sooner.' Barbossa said sympathetically.

She felt mean and upset when she noticed their faces had fallen into a deep depressed looking state. It must be hard for them to even speak to her with the situation being complicated. They had cheered her up but she made them feel blue.

'I'm sorry for-

'No it's understandable' Barbossa interrupted knowing to well what she was going to say 'are you still alone'

Jack looked at him as if he was stupid. Barbossa shot him glare. 'I mean living on your own, no friends or family?

She tucked her hair behind her ear 'yes, Port Royal has never felt the same and I fear it will never be cheerful again, I don't see anyone and most of my family live too far or are dead. It's just not worth living for.' She felt like pouring out everything again but she restrained herself. However, she did feel defeated.

'Oi don't say that, there may be some hope we can restore and besides we're here now' Jack smirked.

'You may join us Elizabeth' Barbossa offered. 'However it's not going according to plan so far as we are still stuck 'ere.' He grumbled

'Thank you, anyway how did you get here without a crew?'

'We lost them out at sea, but we managed to get here by ourselves to gather supplies, tis all.' Barbossa said sheepishly Jack rolled his eyes. They did not want to talk about it and it did seem a bit far-fetched.

'If it weren't for me mate, we will still be sailing in circles. Now let's go before that man shows up and we freeze to death. Let's talk in the Pearl, in my ship.' It was then Barbossa's turn to roll his eyes.

Elizabeth laughed quietly at the two competing. Jack led her towards the ships with Barbossa striding away in front.

Barbossa had a bottle of rum in his hands while sat on a chair; they were in Jack's cabin. Jack was going through a closet for spare clothes, Barbossa did not want any but Jack couldn't care less about him anyway. Elizabeth was perched on a chair around a table she wrapped her arms around herself feeling shivery.

'I must say the Pearl does feel different with less people on board.' Barbossa took a swig from the bottle.

'Not much has changed here.' She added

Jack glanced round his shoulder 'You've been in my cabin before luv?'

'A number of times.' She admitted a smile appeared on her pink pouty lips realising how that could be taken the wrong way. 'You know what I mean Jack.' She quickly replied referring to the adventures they had even when Will was alive and free from the Flying Dutchman. He smiled to himself, and passed a shirt and some breeches to Elizabeth who was more than happy to put on later. Jack then took a seat.

'Pirates don't change' Barbossa concluded. His eyes glued to the table where the empty bottle stood 'Which in some cases is a very good thing. You know what?'

'Hmm?' Elizabeth hazel eyes glanced towards him tiredly

'There are pirates here in Port Royal, most of them in jail but we can gather a crew, may be two.' He stood up and walked towards the window and peered out momentarily. Jack watched him carefully and raised an eyebrow.

'That is easier said than done, getting in there will be a mission.'

'But it is possible.' Elizabeth murmured 'what if you both get caught and thrown in jail' at this point the two men turned and looked at her.

'Miss you must be joking-

'No, if you get caught I can come and break you out, James will trust me and I often meet the prisoners for various reasons, meanwhile while you're in there tell them the plan, even if they aren't pirates we can still make a compromise. The sooner the better'

Jack drummed his fingers on the table, the idea formulating in his head. He studied her face, she had changed in her features, less bright and less full of life but she still had the same strong mind somewhere deep inside her head. The big ideas, the motivation, Elizabeth was still a strong woman. He smirked and jumped up from his seat. It looked like Barbossa was slowly accepting the idea, still slightly unsure but he was still willing to try anything.

'Come, come now Hector! We have things to attend to, let's go and meet our good 'ol acquaintance.'