Status: Madi's situation is something that happened to me, just not so extreme.

Just Kiss Me

Stay Forever

Michael’s POV:

School gets out and I run to the hospital. It’s finally Friday evening and I can go see Mady without being yelled at. She told me to come at 9, so that’s when I walk in. The nurses smile at me.

“Hey, Mady, how are you?” I ask her. She sits up and looks at me.

“Care to tell me the reason behind Monday? Why did you act like you hadn’t seen me in months?” This is not how I was hoping we would start.

“Fine, I’m worried about you, Mady. You cut yourself and didn’t tell me! How do you expect me to feel? My girlfriend felt like she needed to harm herself! And don’t think the nurse didn’t call me to say that you almost cut again.” I throw in her face and I can see she didn’t expect that.

“You jerk!” She screams at me and throws her phone at me. “Get out now! I never want to see you again, Michael Martinez!”

“No, I’m not leaving! You said I could come back today and I’m here. After Sunday, I won’t see you until you come back to school!” I already asked her mom if I could see her when she gets out, but I was told no.

“If I even want to see you again.” Mady puts her hands on her hips and stares at me.

“Why are you acting like this?” She’s never been this way before and I don’t get what it is now.

“Mikey, I almost died! Now you’re lying to me! You come in Monday acting like we’ve never seen each other and then you lied!” She has to be upset over something else.

“Now who’s the one lying? I know something else is bothering you.” Her eyes narrow and she points at the door.

“I am not lying to you. Get out of here before I have the nurses get security in here.” I stand there, refusing to move.

“No, because I don’t know what you might do when I’m gone.”

“I won’t do anything!” A nurse comes to give her some medicine, making Mady fall asleep. I put the battery in her phone then put the case back on it and sit in a chair.

“Mady, I won’t leave you, I love you. I don’t want to lose you. Remember, I’m the one kissing it all better.” I say sometime around 3 in the morning.

“You’re still here, Mikey?” I nod.

“Yeah, I’m still here.”

“Mikey, I don’t want to die and I don’t want to break up. Please stay here.” I run over and hold her close to me.

“You’re not going to die and we aren’t going to break up. We had a small fight and I’m sorry. I’m just scared to lose you right now.”

“I’m trying to get better for you.” I kiss her and crawl in next to her. We fall asleep, her in my arms. A nurse comes in later.

“Can I get you anything to eat?” I wake up.

“No, I’m getting ready to leave.” I kiss Mady and get up.

“Come back soon?” She asks me.

“Anything for my girlfriend. Tomorrow’s our last day for a while.” She smiles and goes back to bed.

********************************************