Status: Madi's situation is something that happened to me, just not so extreme.

Just Kiss Me

Mikey To The Rescue

Madeline’s POV:

It’s finally February 10, the day I get out of here. The guys had their first show right after before I went to rehab and it was amazing. The girls snuck me out of the hospital, then got caught but it was Nurse Allen, so she didn’t mind.

“Mom, can I please see Mikey today? I need to talk to him.” After our fight, we’ve been really good. Not that he’s been able to visit me.

“No, you will follow my rules from now on. I will look at your wrists every day and you won’t be out past 8. If you want to date Mikey do it before then or bring him back here."

“Mom! You can’t do that to me!”

“I would rather you hate me than you be dead.” She says and we ride home in silence.

“I’m sorry I did this.” I say when we get home.

“Of course you are, Mady. I know you didn’t really want to, it was all you could think of. I don’t blame you for a second.”

“You understand?” I ask in shock.

“I was your age once. I do know what it’s like to be bullied.”

“Does it ever get any easier to handle?”

“I wish I could say it does, but you can only hope that Katherine really does change. Or that you can learn to handle it differently.”

“I’m not sure that’s possible.” I get out of the car and go up to my room. I have 20 hours until I’ll be back at school. Everyone’s going to be looking at me like I’m a freak.

“Mady, do you want to take tomorrow off and catch up on some more work?” Mom knows what I’m thinking, just like she always does.

“No, people already think I’m enough of a freak. And I only have one more math assignment to do and I’m getting it done today.”

“Leave it to you to get all your work done and still be passing with As and Bs.” Mom kisses me and I go upstairs. I look at the sheet and numbers swim.

“Why can’t I get this?” I ask out loud. I thought I got this, but now I don’t.

“Mady, you’ve been up here for an hour. Aren’t you done with the assignment?” Mom’s looking at me and I know she’s worried.

“I don’t get this. The numbers keep jumping at me. Have I really only done one problem in an hour?” I think I’m about to cry.

“Maybe you should take a break. Come eat some lunch, then look at it again.” I walk downstairs.

“It’s those stupid pills. I swear they’re messing with me.”

“No, dear, it’s you. You’ve had a long month and you’ve done a lot.” She makes a call and I can’t hear what she’s saying. She’s probably telling my doctor about me. I eat a sandwich and go back to tackle math.

“I was called and told that someone needed a math tutor. Or was it that she needed a break from math?” I look up.

“Mikey!” Mom’s behind him and she smiles at me. “Thank you.” I mouth.

“How are you, baby gurl?” He asks.

“I feel like crap, but now you’re here.” He carries me downstairs and we watch cartoons until 3.

***************************************************