Status: Madi's situation is something that happened to me, just not so extreme.

Just Kiss Me

Is It Over Yet

Madeline’s POV:

“Mady, how could you?” Kayla yells as Mikey lets me go.

“I’m sorry, I just feel like crap. Everyone’s making fun of me and treating me like the monster I am.”

“You aren’t a monster and not everyone is making fun of you.” Mikey takes my hand and we go to the hall. “Excuse me, everyone, I have something to say.”

“Mikey, what are you doing?” I am getting red in my face, I can feel it. Misty and Kayla walk up next to us.

“This is my girlfriend, Mady, and yes she just got out of rehab for cutting herself. You losers that caused this can shut your mouths now. If you have something to say you can deal with me.” He yells in the hall.

“I have a problem with her. She’s a freak.” Some kid yells.

“You shut up!” I can’t believe I just yelled that and not Michael. Everyone is silent when the kid walks forward.

“What did you just say to me?”

“I believe she just told you to shut up.” Katherine steps next to Misty.

“So now you’re taking her side? You’re the main one who caused this freak to be a freak.” The boy says.

“Yes, I did, and I was wrong.” I can’t believe she’s sticking up for me.

“I think it’s best if you get out of here. It’s the four of us protecting Mady versus you.” Mikey pushes the kid and he leaves.

“Thanks, you guys.”

“Anything for a friend.” Misty and Kayla start heading for class.

“You’re my girlfriend and I will always love you.” Mikey kisses me and keeps holding my hand. I look at Katherine.

“I really am sorry and I know that doesn’t mean a lot, but I hope one day you can partially forgive me. I can’t say I’m gonna change, that’s not who I am now, but I’ll try to lay off of you and your friends. Bye, you guys. Bye, Mikey.” Katherine starts to walk off and I take a deep breath.

“Katherine, wait.” I can’t believe I’m going to do this. “I do forgive you, I shouldn’t have gone so serious. It’s not completely your fault.” She smiles and goes to class. The bell rings so I follow Misty and Kayla.

“I’ll see you third hour unless you need me. Just text me and I will find you so fast.”

“I know you will, Mikey. You’re good to me like that.” We kiss and go to our classes.

“Do you really forgive her?” Misty asks.

“Yeah, I guess I do. She needs someone on her side. Believe me, it’s nice to know people care.”

“We always care.” Kayla puts her arm through mine.

“You bet we do.” Misty takes my other arm.

“I could not ask for better friends. I got uprooted to the best high school in the country, maybe even the world.”

“Yeah you did.” Misty laughs. We walk in to class like this and Katherine smiles at us, but only enough for me to notice. I have a feeling this isn’t over.

********************************************