Status: Madi's situation is something that happened to me, just not so extreme.

Just Kiss Me

Lovin' Life

Madeline’s POV:

“Mady, tell me what happened.”

“Katherine flirted with Mikey, he rejected her, she came up to me, then picked up a chair. Mikey tackled her to protect me.” I still can’t believe this actually happened.

“Do you know why she did that?”

“No! If I did we wouldn’t be in here.” I really want to know what is going through her head. She said she would change, she defended me! I start fighting tears and Mikey runs in.

“I think it’s time for Katherine to go.” He says, holding me close. Mikey’s already had his turn and the secretary sat between me and Katherine.

“Yes, Michael, that is a good idea.” We go out and she takes Katherine in.

“This is crazy, Mikey.”

“I know it is, babe, but everything will be okay in the end. If I promise you one thing, it’s that.” He kisses me and I curl in to a ball.

“I really hope you’re right.” 15 minutes later the principal walks back out.

“Alright, you three can go. Mady, if you want to file assault charges after graduation I will help you with that.”

“You two don’t know what you’ve started.” Katherine flips her hair and walks off.

“I think I would like to file a restraining order.”

“So would I.” Mikey says.

“We do, too.” Misty and Kayla walk in to the office and hug me.

“We’re here for you.” Kayla tells me.

“Alright, hug later. You four have a graduation to attend.” We run down the hall and get in our spots.

“I can’t believe high school is over.” I say.

“Yeah, but at least we went out with a bang.” Mikey laughs.

“Too soon.” Misty, Kayla, and I say, laughing with him.

“Look, there’s Cam and Zach.” Misty and Kayla wave and they wave back. The ceremony starts, and takes forever.

“We are free!” Mikey yells when we throw our hats in the air. The four of us run together and hug. It’s just like a movie ending, except I still have to face reality.

“Time for my boyfriend to go get big and famous.”

“Don’t worry, we’ll remember the little people.” Zach laughs walking up to us.

“Mady, are you okay? I heard what happened with Katherine! Do you need to do anything because I can call your counselor.” My mom takes a breath so I interrupt her.

“I’m fine, mom. I have my friends with me. I made a few mistakes, but I’ve become a stronger, better person.” She kisses me and walks off.

“Mady, I’m so happy to hear that.” Mikey spins me around and we fall to the ground.

“It feels good to say.” He helps me up and I start to walk off.

“Wait, there’s one more thing. Mady, you really are the love of my life. I’ve loved you since you kicked my old locker. I know you are something special and I want to protect you from the cruel world, even if I have to protect you from yourself. Madeline Marx, will you marry me?” I tear up.

“Yes, Mikey, I’ll marry you!” I say and he kisses me like her never has.

“Our bestie just got engaged!” Kayla yells and I laugh.

“Nice going, Mikey.” Cameron says.

“I love this life.” Mikey swings his arm around me and we go find our families.

*************************************
.