Status: Madi's situation is something that happened to me, just not so extreme.

Just Kiss Me

Fan Trouble

Madeline’s POV:

“Mikey, it’s June 10, so get your butt down here. You go on tour tomorrow!” I yell when I get in his house.

“I will forever curse the day my mom gave you a key.” He laughs.

“I won’t. Now come on this is our last day before you go on your very first tour.” I can’t believe my boyfriend is basically famous now. None of this seems right.

“Mady, I’ll be back before you know it.” His face drops.

“What is really bothering you?” I hope he tells me this time.

“I won’t be here to protect you. Not now and not when you go off to college. If the guys and I make it really big then I can’t always be here. Mady, that scares me.”

“Oh, Mikey, you will always be able to protect me no matter how big you guys get. I promise you I’m done with that. If I get an urge I’ll call someone. I can’t leave you.” I am promising this to him and me right now.

“Good. Then let’s go spend our last day together.” I take his arm and we race to the beach.

“This is so peaceful. Promise me we’ll do this when you do a show here?” I ask him.

“Of course we will.” He kisses me.

“Are you Michael Martinez?” A girl runs up to him.

“Yeah, I am.” He smiles at me.

“Oh, my gosh! You’re part of Allstar Weekend! I’m seeing you guys when you tour here. I love your music and you guys! I met a guy in a band!” She runs off freaking out then runs back. “Can I get a picture?” She throws me her phone and I take it for her.

“And so it begins.” I say.

“Yes and I could get used to this.” He laughs.

“Just don’t forget about me.” I warn him, but I am worried that he’ll get caught up with fans.

“Never! I won’t forget my fiancé. Believe me, the fans will know I love you more than anything. I’m sure Zach and Cameron will do the same.”

“I know you will, but fans can be a little crazy.”

“Yeah, I’m learning that.” A huge group of girls, okay only about three, run up to him.

“Where are Zach and Cameron? Holy crap, you’re Michael! Dude, this rocks we’re talking to you!” They start screaming.

“Actually, you girls are doing the talking, I’m being attacked.”

“You’re so funny.” One girl inches closer to him and he puts his arm around me.

“Yeah, I know my boyfriend is funny. That’s one of the reasons I agreed to marry him.” I throw in her face and she backs up.

“Well, what about Zach and Cameron?”

“Their girlfriends, my best friends, love them very much, too.” The girls walk off.

“I love you, Madeline Marx.” Mikey kisses me and we walk to buy cotton candy.

“I love you, Michael Martinez.” This is the way life’s supposed to be. Everything about this, minus the fans hitting on Mikey, feels perfectly right.

************************************************