Status: Madi's situation is something that happened to me, just not so extreme.

Just Kiss Me

Katherine Strikes

Michael’s POV:

I walk in to third hour and Mady’s already sitting in her seat.

“Hey, you got here early. What’s up?” I am really worried about her because she keeps getting cuts on her wrists, but she said it’s nothing so I believe her.

“I had to pee so my teacher let me leave early.” I laugh. This is the same Mady I know.

“So, has Katherine been giving you anymore trouble?” I will ruin that girl. Katherine knows I never loved her.

“No, well she keeps telling me that you’re hers. Mikey, did you two date? Tell me the truth because I already know.” Tears form in her eyes.

“Yes, I dated Katherine a few years ago. We dated for a few months, then I broke it off. She’s not nice and I finally saw that, so I ended it.”

“What are the chances of you breaking up with me?” A tear drops and I wipe it away.

“On a scale of 1-10, negative infinity.” She laughs and hugs me.

“Thanks, Mikey, I really needed that today. It’s been kind of weird.” Her wrist starts bleeding through the band aid.

“New cut?” I ask her.

“Yeah, I woke up and it was like that. It hasn’t really stopped bleeding yet.” I look her in the eyes. I saw her this morning and it wasn't there.

“Mady, are you cutting?” I ask her after school.

“Mikey! I would never do that! Do you know how dangerous it is?” She almost yells.

“Yes, I do. That’s why I want to make sure you aren’t.” She looks at her wrists, then back at me.

“I’ll try to be more careful.”

“Hey, girl! You are going to tell us everything!” Misty and Kayla pull her away. A few minutes later they come back.

“Is she okay?” I ask them, hoping they know something.

“She seemed okay. Why, is something wrong? Should we go save her from Katherine?” Misty asks.

“Oh, my God! Yes, go save her! You left her alone with Katherine?” I start running through the halls.

“You ugly little slut! He will never love you, not for a second!” I hear Katherine’s shrill voice before I see her slap Mady, who falls down in tears. She reaches for her bag.

“Katherine, please stop.” She cries, quietly.

“What are you gonna do, cut yourself?” Katherine smirks.

“No, she wasn’t going to, were you?” I stand by Mady and help her up.

“Mikey, is anything she just said true?” Mady is crying.

“No, none of it. You aren’t ugly, you’re not a slut, and I do love you.” I kiss her and I feel her smile.

“Thanks, Mikey, I needed that. Again.” I look over at Katherine.

“Can we help you?” I ask her, feeling like we’ve just won.

“Believe me when I say this isn’t over! I will be yours, Michael Martinez!” She walks off and her crew follows her.

“Are you okay, Mady? I can take you to the principal if you want.” Katherine will not get away with this.

“No, it’s fine. I should really get home.” She grabs her bag and walks off.

“Do we still have a date tonight?” I never asked her, but I figure now is good. She turns around.

“Pick me up at 8? I think that coffee date sounds pretty good right now.” She smiles.

“I will be there.”

*******************************