Status: Madi's situation is something that happened to me, just not so extreme.

Just Kiss Me

Special Privileges

Madeline’s POV:

“What do you mean... hi dad.” I fake a smile, but I can’t stand seeing him right now.

“Hey, pumpkin, how are you?” He asks, not sure what to say.

“How could you ask that? Obviously she isn’t well if she almost died from cutting herself!” Mom yells and I cower like I always do.

“Stop, Melissa, she doesn’t need this right now.” For once dad is coming to my rescue.

“Whatever, Rick, just look at reality now. Mady, how could you do this?” Mom is angry and about to cry.

“I’m sorry. I was being bullied by Mikey’s ex, Katherine, and with the divorce, I don’t know, it just happened.” I’m talking and tears are streaming. Mom hugs me.

“Sweetie, I didn’t know. I could have done something, gotten you counseling.”

“Yeah, and I could have moved with you to be closer to you.” Dad says and pulls up a chair to sit by me.

“See that’s the thing, you didn’t know because I didn’t want to tell you. I wanted to handle things on my own but I couldn’t.”

“Mady, you need to talk to us if something is bothering you.” Mom tells me.

“For the first time in a while, I agree with your mother.”

“Could you call Mikey and have him come see me? I really want to be with him, alone.” Dad stands up but mom stops him.

“We can’t, visiting hours are almost over. We’ll make sure he’s here bright and early tomorrow.” She kisses me and walks out.

“I do miss you and your mother, but people change. We just weren’t happy together.” Dad kisses me and leaves.

“This sucks!” I yell when I know they’re gone. A nurse walks in.

“Do you want to talk about it?”

“No, my life is just falling to crap right now.”

“You know, I can extend visiting hours if there’s someone that can make this better.” She raises an eyebrow and I smile.

“I’ll text him now! Where’s my phone?” I start looking around and she hands it to me.

“We hide stuff from all patients, it’s a really fun game.” I think I’m going to like this nurse a lot. Mikey runs in 15 minutes later.

“What’s up, are you okay?” He is panting and I know he ran the whole way in here.

“Yes, I’m fine. The nurse said she would extend my visiting hours.” He crawls in bed next to me.

“So, what should we do for fun? Anything good on TV?” He asks me and I smile. It’s so good to have him here next to me.

“I don’t know but I bet we’ll find out.” I flip it on and Spongebob is the first thing that comes on. I look at him and he smiles.

“You know me so well.” I fall asleep on his shoulder and wake up around 1. He’s gone and I’m guessing he got kicked out. I lie back down and find a piece of paper.

“Sorry I had to leave. Special privileges only last for a while. I love you and don’t forget that. I’ll be back soon.” I smile and fall asleep holding the paper to my chest.

*********************************