Status: very, very much incomplete

Throwing Shadows

in trouble with the lord

Dean looks at the girl lying on the floor. He and sam were both a little stunned at her second fallout. Sam reaches to lift the girl off the floor and back onto the bed. She’s pretty. Dirty. Bloody and bruised, but pretty. In a bookworm kind of way. No make-up, wild hair and feminine profile. No tattoos or scars other than the scratches bleeding out onto the bed sheets. Nothing distinguishable.

“Well. This is just fan-freakin-tastic.”
“Calm down, dean.”
“Sam. She knows my name. She knew where to find us. She’s got memory loss and she’s beat to hell. Yeah, I guess I should just calm down.”
“dea-”

The woman rouses herself. When she opens her eyes she sees the men standing over her and closes them again.
Dean Winchester. The woman told her she needed to find dean Winchester. And everything would be alright.

The woman sits up on the bed and looks at the men. She looks dean in the eyes. She‘s suddenly very bold. “My name is Hannah martin. I was at the library and I heard a sound. A- a growl. Quiet at first, then louder. Closer. Then I was alone. And I got scared. And I walked out the door-” the woman’s voice breaks. She looks down, begins picking her nails. Old habits die hard. “-I walked out the door and it was dark. All the street lights were out. And I started walking faster and then. I was on the ground. And this horrible- dog?, maybe. It looked like a dog but- It was so big. And it was crushing me. And I was screaming. And I was bleeding and-”

She looks back at the men. Their faces were pale. Stoic. She continues.

“I- I think I died. But there was this woman. And she put her hands on my chest. And she told me to find you, dean. She told me where you were and she told me to find you and she told me everything would be okay if I did.”

Dean looks down. The woman can’t read him. He looks back over at her and then walks out of the motel room.