‹ Prequel: Echo
Status: Being Written

Safe & Sound

Four

Nicole:

I didn't realize how draining it was being pregnant. It's harder when Adam isn't around either, and I can't call Tyler or any of the other guys because they are in the same place he is. I just wish I could be around Adam going through this process, but it is something I would have to go through whether Adam was the father or even if it was Tyler. Once the baby gets here it will probably be harder taking care on him when Adam is on road trips. We have finally decided on a name for the baby. His name will be Jean-Marc Johnson, a combination of my brothers' names. I told them both and they were very happy. We haven't decided on the godparents yet, that decision is a bit harder for us. Tyler has sort of moved on form the stuff he asked about after my baby shower and I am glad. I just don't want him getting any ideas about anything that could possibly cause any issues.

The road trip was 2 weeks long and the first week wasn't even over yet and I wasn't feeling well. I didn't want to call Adam and possibly worry him or cause him to come home early. I just figured it was something that came with being pregnant and I ignored it.

Tyler:

Adam said he hadn't talked Nicole since he left for our road trip and any time I texted her asking if she was okay she always said 'I'm fine.' I had a feeling that maybe something was up, just an instinct I guess, and I decided to head home and then meet the team at our next stop on the trip.

I got to Nicole's place and knocked on the door, but she didn't answer. I knew she was home because her car was outside. I tried calling and I heard her phone ringing inside, but no answer. Luckily, she still keeps her spare key in the same place I remember. I unlocked the door and went inside. "Nicole? Nicole are you okay? I thought I'd come check on you." I looked around and was shocked at what I saw. Nicole was lying on the floor in a pool of blood. I quickly ran over and tried to wake her up, but there was no response. I picked her up and took her out to my car and drove her to the hospital. I carried her in and they immediately took her back on a stretcher. "Anything we need to know? Any past medical issues?" "Um, the only things I know is that she's pregnant." The doctor looked at me and I became scared. "Pregnant? How many months?" "Um, supposedly like two or three?" "Okay, well if she's pregnant then we need to hurry." "Wait hurry?" I looked at him confused. "Yes son, she might have just lost her baby." I stopped and stood there in the hall as they rushed her back. If Nicole lost this baby she would be devastated. I know that Adam would hate to loose this baby, I've seen how excited he has gotten in the last few weeks and I would never want anyone to go through something like loosing a child.

I sat in a waiting room until a doctor came to talk to me. "You brought in Ms. Johnson, correct?" "Yes sire. How is she?" "Well, she is going to be fine. She is actually okay to leave whenever." "How is the baby?" He looked up at me and shook his head. I had tears in my eyes. "We tried our best, but." "I understand sir. Thank you for everything you did do." I started to walk away but the doctor called me back. "How many months did you say she was?" I sniffled and tried to pull myself together to respond. "Um, two and a half maybe three." "Well, I don't know who told you that. She was about five, five and a half months along." "Are you sure?" "I'm positive." "Thanks again doctor." I knew something wasn't right when I saw Nicole at the shower the other day. I walked into her room and Nicole was sitting on the bed crying. She looked up at me and saw how upset I was. "Nicole. I'm so sorry." She quickly got up and walked past me. "Nicole!" I called to her but she wasn't stopping. I followed her out the door and she started walking back home.

I got into my car and drove after her. I pulled up next to her as she was walking, but she wouldn't stop. "Nicole, please get in the car and let me take you home." Nothing. I followed her all the way back to her place and she quickly went inside. I parked my car and followed her inside. I tried opening the door but it was locked. I remembered the spare key in my pocket and let myself inside. I heard a lot of noise coming from the babies room and slowly opened the door and went in. Nicole had thrown everything that was on the shelves onto the floor and she knocked over the crib when I had walked in. She was just sitting on the floor crying. "Nicole, you need to tell me the truth." She looked up at me as I sat in front of her. "Tell me, please." She shook her head and I held her hands. "Nicole, you have to tell me." "Ty, I can't. Adam will hate me if he finds out I lied." "Nicole, you lied to everyone. I'm just the only person who has figured it out." She wiped her tears and sniffled. "Nicole, I already know. I just need to hear you say it." She took a deep breath and looked me in the eyes. "He was yours Tyler. Jean-Marc was your son." I closed my eyes and let the tears fall. I let go of her hands and went into the other room. She got up and eventually followed.

"Tyler, I'm so sorry. I didn't know what to do.I didn't find out until after I started dating Adam, and I just. I was shocked." I turned around and walked over to her. "Look, I don't blame you for what you did. I understand why you did it, but now what are you going to do? Adam still thinks the baby was his. You can't tell him the baby is gone and oh by the way, it wasn't your baby." "I know, but how am I even going to tell him the baby is gone in the first place?" "I will be there for you when you do it." "Thank you. I knew right away it was yours. We hadn't even been dating that long for Adam to be the father." "Well, Nicole I think he knows in the back of his mind that the baby wasn't his to begin with. He told me he doesn't know how it is possible that he could be the father." "I just, I'm sorry that this all happened Ty." "It's not your fault. You didn't plan on loosing the baby. And maybe in the future, if you and end up together somewhere down the road, who knows. Maybe we will have a little Jean-Marc in the future. I think the worst is yet to come though. You have to break the news to everyone. And, I think that means you are coming with me to Edmonton."

As much as I didn't like Adam, I do feel bad for him. He thought this baby was his. And he may have had his suspicions like I did, but it still feels terrible knowing the baby is gone. I'm sure he will feel just as bad whether the kid was truly his or not. I just hope he understands why Nicole did what she did and doesn't hate her for it.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I know this is sad, but the truth had to come out in some form, and this was it. So please can I get some new people commenting because the same person is commenting every chapter and as much as I love their opinion I would love some other people's opinions as well.