To Philly With Care

A New Adventure

***Max's POV***

I smashed the steering wheel several times as I finally drove home from practice. I had been stopped by a phone call from Holmgren as he needed me to come back to Wells Fargo to talk to me. Turns out I was being traded, to Colorado. I had a few hours before I needed to be on a plane to meet them in Dallas. This meant that I had to go home and pack, not to mention explain to Jass that we were moving _before_ our kids got here.

I did get a chance to talk to Mr. Sherman who assured me that I was wanted by the club. I also got a chance to tell him just _how_ close we were to having our twins born and asked for a recommendation for an ob/gyn for Jass who specialized in twins. He chuckled and said he'd have someone look into it and email me. Now it was time for me to bite the bullet. "Mon amour I am home!"

I heard laughter come from upstairs and went to investigate. I found Jass and several of the Flyers ladies in what would have been the kids' room. "Oh Hi babe!" I leaned over and kissed Jass sweetly. "The girls wanted a look at where we were going to put the nursery for now." I nodded sagely but I must have looked off as she got a look of concern on her face. "What's happened Max?"

I mentally sighed and thanked the Hockey Gods that she had more support than just me here. "I was halfway home when Holmgren needed me to come back." I knelt at her feet. "There's no easy way to say this so I just will. I've been traded love." The girls behind me all gasped, Jass looked stricken, so I continued. "I have to catch a plane to Dallas tonight to meet the team there. I know you have an appointment tomorrow and have already told Mr. Sherman that we'll need an ob/gyn. Maybe Dr. Sykes knows of someone too." At this point I was babbling.

Hours later I was packed and being dropped by Claude at the airport. "Don't worry about Jassmine, we'll take good care of her until she can join you." He said as we pulled up to the curb. "Ryanne is going to take her tomorrow and the other girls will pitch in as they can."

I pulled my bags out of his car and then pulled Claude into a tight hug. "Thanks for everything man." I hated saying goodbye to any of my friends but it was time for a new adventure. "Thank Ryanne too for me. I'd stay but we all know how this business is."

He chuckled. "I gotta say I'm not looking forward to having you against me again. Stay safe out there." We shook hands one last time and I headed into the terminal.

***Jass' POV***

2 weeks, that's how long Max has been with his new team. I sighed heavily as I travelled through the private airport carefully. I, along with Dr. Sykes, had found Dr. Angela Gray the day after Max left and she had sat in via Skype for all 3 of the appointments I had, including yesterday's. Both doctors were sure I would be fine to fly as long as I saw Dr. Gray ASAP. This meant that I had my first official appointment with her tomorrow. I checked the time and smiled. I would be getting to the Family Sports Center, the Avs practice facility, just after practice should be over.

45 minutes later I was following the map I had been given and making my way to the locker room. I was glad I had told Max the day I was coming in but not _when_ on that day, I would be a surprise. I stopped to catch my breath due to the twins _and_ the altitude when I heard someone coming up behind me. I moved closer to the wall when the man asked me a question. "Do you need help?"

I wheezed out a laugh. "No, my lungs are just used to more air is all." I tried to sound happy but I wasn't sure I succeeded. I turned so he could see my 'reason' and watched him pale. "Oh don't worry, I've been assured having your lungs squished is normal, add in the altitude though..."

He regained some color. "I think I can understand." Just then a whole bunch of others came up. Before they could say anything, I felt an elbow move across my side.

One of them moved up next to me. "Maman would you like a chair?" I would have answered but the other decided to push up into lungs. I leaned over to try and move the foot and breathe. "Here maman, sit. It helped my wife when ours did that."

I let myself be moved and felt a little better for it. I was about to thank him when someone else spoke. "Gigs, who is she?" He hushed them with a held up hand.

"I apologise for them. I am Jean-Sebastien Gigure, they call me Gigs."

I smiled and toyed with the necklace my ring was on. "I'm Jassmine Richard, merci for the chair. I swear I have more than 2 in there but the ultrasound disagrees." We both chuckled which just proved to me that he truly was a father.

"My wife said the same. Twins, how soon?" I could hear the others milling around.

"Anytime between now and New Year's but every week they stay means fewer complications they could have. I smiled, knowing Ihad pictures in my bag.

"That's a beautiful ring."

"Thank you, it's a family heirloom. My family not my fiance's." I was feeling better for the rest and began to stand. Jean-Sebastien gave me an arm up. "Thank you, it's further to the locker room than I thought. He smiled while the others started to sound upset.

"Who are you waiting for? I could send one of these lazy bums for him." The relief I felt must have shown.

"He hasn't been here long and might have seemed preoccupied off ice." The light of recognition filled his eyes as I confirmed. "Max."

The tension that had surrounded me deflated. "Dutchy, go tell Talbo that he's got a VIP visitor but _not_ that it's his lady." I'd heard of Dutchy even before the last 2 weeks. I turned to see him smile and move off. "I'm guessing he doesn't know you are here."

I shook my head. "No, I arraigned it with the team to surprise him after practice today." I saw Dutchy coming back, Max in tow. The smile that lit Max's face felt settling. I could do anything when I saw that smile.

"You're here, and you brought our babies." I felt a kick as he knelt in front of me. I took his hand and put it where I was feeling the foot. "Hey babè can you hear your papa?" The foot pressed harder and Max chuckled. "I've missed you all, yes I have. I have a big surprise for you when we get to the house." His voice took on the soft quality that he had taken to using when he spoke to the kids.

I carded my fingers through his damp hair. "Maybe that could wait until after we get something to eat. A 4 hour flight means I'm a hungry mama." He smiled at me, I knew that look it was his 'whatever you wish' look. We were soon on our way to our new adventure in Colorado.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to everyone who has read and enjoyed this story. I will be spilling the rest of their tale in another fic as I no longer feel the title fits. To continue reading about Max, Jass and the twins find 'Max Talbot, Family Man?' For that is the sequel.