Status: Feedback is most welcom :)

Taking a Chance

Doing What You Do Best

The sun shines through the trees giving you a rare second of shade before you are called on to take more photographs. You smile as the bridal party congregate together in front of the water fountain, the bride absolutely stunning in white satin. The groom doesn't look to shabby either, but the bride has definitely been turning everyone's heads. You tell everyone to smile and take several shots, the kids at the front are anxious to run around and play, looking slightly bored.

It's been a long day and your feet are killing you, the soles burning and your toes are aching from the heels you decided to wear. You've never been more grateful to hear that everyone is going inside for their meal and then you will be called back in for the speeches and the cutting of the cake.

Thankful for the break you go over to one of the vacated benches that are in the sun, several empty champagne flutes cluttering your space and you move them because they are in your way. Like a true perfectionist you go through the shots on your camera, agreeing that the lighting is just perfect and the surrounding scenery just makes the whole day more romantic. Everyone looks wonderful in their best clothes, some more outlandish and expensive than others. Still, you weren't here to judge, but you do decide that the plainer dresses and suits look better, especially against the bride and groom who are the main attraction.

You had found yourself taking many photographs during the cutting of the cake, the happy couple looking extremely in love and happy, ready to start their life together as man and wife. It amazes you how someone can be so happy over someone else and it's maybe because you haven't met the right man yet or because the kind of guys you go for are total assholes.
You were always scared of getting hurt or worse, getting your heart broken.

****

You yawn and stretch as the end credits roll onto the television screen, another chick-flick you had once been adamant you would never watch. Maybe it was the wedding and seeing people that are genuinely in love that brought out that romantic side to you, a side never seen by anyone else. You swallow the last of your beer and flick through the movie channels and finally settle on some action movie. It doesn't interest you in the slightest and you're about to change the channel when a familiar face pops into the scene. It's been a while since you've seen that face and you feel sad, sort of deflated that you both hadn't kept in touch like you both said you would.

The movie had been okay, some zombie apocalypse thing going on that you didn't understand, but the scenes were convincing. You had let out a sigh of frustration when his character died, being set on fire by military operatives with flame-throwers. You wanted to see more of him, but the script wouldn't allow it. You carry the chinese take-away boxes into the kitchen and check your calender. You give another sigh of frustration at the thought of having to go shopping for a dress for the charity fund-raiser on Friday night. An occasion you had tried your damnedest to get out of.

You climb into bed and think about the movie, how defined he looked and you remember those eyes, how you always knew when something was bothering him. You slip into sleep, remembering your one time friendship with Jeremy Renner.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone, a new story with a new technique. Feedback is welcome as always.