Status: Feedback is most welcom :)

Taking a Chance

Hangovers

The next morning you feel slightly hungover, but the throbbing sensation in your head is nothing compared to the guilty feeling that is overpowering you. You feel sick to your stomach and you are sure that the alcohol is only a contributing factor. Jeremy had left because the conversation had got personal and you hadn't helped by just opening your mouth and asking. The alcohol had given you that confidence to push him and you had pushed too far. You realise now that Jeremy was trying to tell you that he had once been attracted to you as a teenager. You hadn't said anything, you didn't tell him that you had felt the same and that's why you feel so bad.

Could you have told him that the teenage crush is back as an adult?
Could you really put yourself out there like Jeremy had done last night? Or maybe it was the alcohol talking and he had gotten upset over the fact he wasn't in a relationship.

***

Your stomach flips like a pancake as you ride the elevator to the fourth floor. Getting this far had been a challenge, the guy at the front desk refusing you access to the rest of the building until you confirmed the guest's name. Thinking fast you remember Jeremy's two favourite authors as a teenager and thankfully you were right. You can feel your stomach twisting and knotting as you look for the room number.

Your palms are sweaty as you knock three times on the door. When the door opens you don't realise you were holding your breath.

"Hi" Jeremy says to you quietly. He looks worse than you feel. His hair is messy, his eyes are bloodshot and you can smell liquor on his breath.

"I'm sorry for just showing up like this. I tried to call" You say as he opens the door further and let's you in.

The suite is almost as big as your condo. As soon as you walk in you are standing in a sitting area and over in the far corner is a door that leads to the bedroom and ensuite bathroom. You feel slightly uneasy at the sight of the empty two whisky bottles on the coffee table.

Now that you are here you don't know what to say. You're dumbstruck and feel stupid for coming over like this.

"I'm sorry I upset you last night." You say gingerly."I didn't think about what I was saying. I'm sorry"

Jeremy runs his hand through his messy hair and you realise he's only wearing a pair of boxer shorts. You have to stare at the floor to make sure you aren't staring at his incredible body, muscular and tanned.

"I drank too much and I wasted a good night." He says with a sigh."It's me that should be saying sorry"

"You didn't waste it." You say softly."I was the one who got you to talk about things you probably didn't want to talk about. You had every right to leave"

Jeremy looks at you and you can see the hurt in his eyes. In the past he was always so strong and so protective, what had changed to make him retreat into himself like that?

"I'm sorry I hurt you" You say and you can feel your eyes sting, that feeling like when you're chopping onions.

"You didn't hurt me" he says softly"I'm just getting old and over sensitive."

"Last night, when you were talking about how you.."

"How I was crazy about you as a kid?" He asks. His hands are on your upper arms and he's trying to see what you are trying to hide in your eyes. He gives an awkward chuckle."I should have blamed the vodka"

"Yes."You whisper."I should have been honest with you. I felt exactly the same way. I'm glad you said something"

You both laugh nervously at the confession. Your hangover doesn't seem to be as constant and washes over you in waves.

"While we're being honest with each other. Why don't you tell me what upset you that night. These guy problems" His hands gently move up and down your upper arms and you don't know whether he's concious of what he's doing to you or he's just trying to comfort.

"I don't know how to explain. I don't think I can" You say, a little
disappointed in yourself that you are here and this is your chance.

"I'm not going to judge, Susie. You can tell me anything." Jeremy replies in a soft tone.

"When I say I felt the same way back when we were kids. Since that charity auction you've been driving me crazy. You're all I've been thinking about. I still have that crush on you" You blurt it out and look down at the carpet.

You can't bring yourself to look at him.

Jeremy's lips brush against yours and he kisses you softly, your whole body tingles. His big, rough hands cup your cheeks as you kiss him back. He pulls away, smiling.

"I've wanted to do that since we were kids"

You can't help but smile. The butterfly's are going crazy in your stomach, bouncing around looking for a way out.

"I only ever dreamed about it" You hear yourself saying and you wish you hadn't.

"Dreams do come true" he whispers and tilts back your head and kisses you.

He runs the tip of his tongue along your bottom lip and nips with his teeth, his fingers tangled in your hair. You wrap your arms around his neck, trapping him as you play with his hair. You don't want this to end. Period. And you can tell he doesn't want it to either as his body presses against you.

The ringing of a cell-phone, somewhere disturbs you both and as much as you both try to ignore it, it continues to ring. Jeremy breathlessly breaks away from your lips and looks over to the coffee table, his cell flashing and ringing.

"Give me a second"

You nod and watch him as he bends slightly to grab his phone, his boxers tightly hugging his ass. He turns around and catches you, grinning. As Jeremy takes the call you realise that his kissing skills have got you worked up, bringing colour to your pale cheeks. The dull throb in your head has disappeared along with the shakes from the alcohol.

"Sorry"he says, ending the call. He walks over to you with that sexy grin on those delicious lips. He wraps his arms around your waist, just holding you. "Don't laugh at me or anything, but I want to do this right. Will you let me take you on a date?"

"Actors date?" You laugh.

"I do" he grins."I've not taken a beautiful woman on a date for a while. How about it?"

You are instantly mesmerised by the softness in his voice. He tucks your hair behind your ear and you blush like a schoolgirl.

"It depends on where you are taking me" You reply.

"How about we start with lunch?"

"That would be nice. But I hope you don't plan on getting over first base with just lunch" You say, your tone sexy and challenging.

"What do I have to do to get to second?" He replies, grazing his lips against your own.

"You will just need to find out"
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohhhhh......