Status: Feedback is most welcom :)

Taking a Chance

Stopping For Lunch

The distinct odour of spices hits you as Jeremy emerges from the bedroom, his hair still damp from his shower. He had sung rock 'n' roll classics that you remember listening to in high school. He's wearing that lazy, sleepy smile that you love.

"Ready to go?" He asks.

Showering has clearly given him a new lease of energy. He offers his hand and you take it, blushing slightly as he locks the hotel room door behind you.

As you's walk onto the sidewalk, he suddenly stops and looks up at the blue sky, smiling.

"How about we walk?"

"Fine by me" You reply as you walk hand in hand down the street.

Nobody is paying any attention to either of you and that's exactly how you want it. You can't begin to imagine what it must be like for Jeremy to have to constantly look over his shoulder all the time. You imagine it must be pretty horrible to feel that your every action is challenged and monitored by someone else.

"Where do you want to go?" He asks, giving your hand a light squeeze.

"I don't mind. You can choose since you're the expert of wining and dining" You smile and catch an amused look underneath the dark shades.

"You make it sound like I take every girl I see out" he chuckles and you can't help but laugh.

"I didn't mean it the way it came out, okay? What I meant was that you probably go out all the time"

Jeremy let's out a rusty laugh, an almost giggle. You love it when he laughs.

"Remind me why I want to date you" he replies with a smirk.

You hit him on the arm.

"Because you want a certain element of class in your life" You are trying to be serious and then he grabs you, wrapping his arms around your waist. You giggle.

"Got it in one,mama"

Being taken out to lunch, dinner or even a movie is something you rarely experience, except for the odd time you dug your heels in with an unromantic boyfriend. For some reason, the guys you always seemed to date were simply focused on the physical part of the relationship and you decided that enough was enough. You decided that you weren't going to be some guy's whore.

Jeremy had decided to take you to a small deli he claimed was amazing and as you sit at the table with the chequered tablecloth, you understand why. The atmosphere is soft and calming, the staff friendly. The menu offers traditional sandwiches, olives and salads and a wide range of "select your own ingredients and fillings"
They offer hot and cold dishes, a variety of drinks and even desert from a page and a half list. You read the menu, finding it hard to decide what you want.

"I think I'm going to have the turkey sub" Jeremy says as he closes the menu. "With fries. Screw this diet"

You laugh in reply. His disregard for the rules sounds good coming from him, kind of sexy. You can imagine him playing the role of a total bad boy, but at the same time you love his innocence.

"There's so much to choose from" You reply with a frown. There really is just too much to choose from.

"The pesto pasta salad is good" Jeremy says."I used to order it every time I came here, but I think I need something to soak up all that vodka."

He orders you both non-alcoholic drinks as you argue with yourself over what to have. You admit that the pasta does sound good, but so does the spinach and ricotta lasagne. It's a tough choice. A seriously tough choice. Everything smells and looks so good and you're struggling with a choice.

"Oh, I don't know" You reply in defeat, closing the leather bound menu.

"Is it really that hard?" Jeremy asks, cocking his eyebrow.

"Yes it is"You confirm."It all looks and smells so amazing"

"How about I order you something special?"

You think about it.

"Alright. Go ahead and order, but if you've ordered squid or something I will kill you"

Jeremy let's out a deep, sincere laugh. He's amused and you can tell by the glimmer in his eyes.

"I won't order anything like squid. I'm thinking something...amazing"

"Fine." You reply, a smile on your lips. It's the first time you have ever had a guy taking charge in regular circumstances or when it comes to ordering for you.

The waiter comes to the table with a poised pen and Jeremy tells him exactly what he wants, then points to whatever you are having on the menu. The waiter, an overweight guy with a balding head grins and walks off towards the kitchen.

"It better not be squid" You remind him.

"I promise it isn't even related." Jeremy grins. "I'm really happy you let me bring you here"

"Don't you bring all your girlfriends here?" You tease, nudging his foot.

"Honestly? No, I don't. A lot of the women I've been with aren't into quiet, secluded"

You can understand this perfectly. A lot of women probably wanted to be seen having lunch with a famous actor just to be noticed.

"I think that's really shallow. I know you're a famous actor and all, but you are entitled to privacy"

Jeremy nods and sips on the water.

"I wish everyone thought like that. Hollywood isn't just glitz and glam like they portray on those shitty shows or in magazines. I think people forget we're just real people. Acting or singing or playing music is our jobs and we love it, but we are just people and we want to have our privacy respected" Jeremy says softly.

It's clear to you that it hasn't been the first time someone has probably over-stepped the mark by pushing into his private life.

"It sounds like the media is your all time favourite people" You reply.

The corner of his mouth twitches slight, a small but equally sad smile.
He leans back in his seat and rubs the back of his neck.

"They aren't my favourite people" he says."I guess it must come with the territory, being a celebrity, having your name dragged through the mud and every rumour attached to it."

"It sounds like you've been on the receiving end" You conclude.

"I have been a few times. I should have expected it when my career started to take off, but some of the rumours were just horrible" He frowns.

"So, you aren't into wild kinky sex?" You tease lightly, trying not to lose control as he just looks at you.
He laughs, that panty melting grin once again doing things to your insides that you didn't think was possible.

"That depends" he shrugs.

"On what?" You push lightly.

"If you are good you might find out"
He winks at you with a smirk as the waiter brings your food. As you eat, you try to ignore the tingling feeling between your legs.