Status: Feedback is most welcom :)

Taking a Chance

"I'm willing to take the risk"

biting on your tongue to stop yourself from flying into a verbal rage. The mother you had been having difficulties yesterday has called, complaining about your attitude and reluctance to do what she wanted, and like always, Michelle is defending you. You always knew there would be unhappy customers, but you at least expected it from the bride and groom, not the mother from hell.

Michelle abruptly says goodbye and groans.

"Stupid woman"

You shake your head. You should have expected some sort of backlash from the woman, especially when you had said you would leave if she didn't let you get on with your job.

"I wonder if her husband has ever considered a hit-man" Michelle says seriously and you giggle."It's not funny. I told her if she wasn't happy we could destroy the negatives and give her the money back. Of course she bitched about it being her daughter's big day and crap like that."

"It's too bad we can't disfigure the photographs" You laugh, implying that you would send the album to the mother from hell. You have to admit, the look on her face would be absolutely priceless.

"That's just mean" Michelle grins.

You can tell she's been thinking the exact same thing.

"You looked very happy earlier" Michelle wiggles her eyebrows, laughing."Are you still meeting Jeremy?"

You don't want to talk about your relationship with Jeremy, especially to Michelle who is easily starstruck.

"We've met up a few times" You answer, dismissively."I think we deserve a lunch break"

You bring out the tupperware box from the fridge and feel suddenly starving at the stack of sandwiches. Michelle tucks into her noodle salad, quite happy.
You take a bite of the wholemeal sandwich, your taste buds firing as the flavours of mango and avocado merge. The chicken is succulent, juicy and the semi-dried tomatoes warm through the mayonnaise.

"Oh my god" You say, swallowing.

"Are you alright?" Michelle Is staring at you.

"You need to try this" You offer her a sandwich and you watch her as she takes a generous bite.

After chewing, she smiles.

"That is amazing. I get the feeling you didn't make these"

"I didn't" You confirm.

"If this is what he can do with a sandwich just think what he can do in the bedroom"

You blush and turn away. Despite your denials regarding Jeremy, Michelle knew you too well and could tell if you were lying. Maybe it's not a bad thing that someone knows your little secret.

****

"Are you trying to kill me?" You ask with your hands on your hips.

"I guess you liked the sandwiches" Jeremy laughs, his eyes fixing back on the screen of his laptop.

"Liked them? I loved them" You say, flopping down onto the sofa next to him."You look busy"

"Emails." He replies."Looks like I'm going to be in LA a bit longer. I've been offered an interesting role"

"That's good, isn't it?" He nods."What's the problem?"

"It's great news." He sighs, leaning back into the corner of your sofa."It just means that I might not be around as much. I won't get to be with you as much as I want to"

"Jeremy, this is your job." You argue.
You have only been together a few short weeks and already you feel bad because he is undecided about a new role, because of you.

"Please tell me you aren't suggesting not doing it" You say.

Jeremy shrugs and it confirms your thoughts. "Well?"

He runs his fingers through his hair and puts his head back, sighing heavily.

"I don't know" he says finally."I just didn't think another role would happen so soon. My career has this tendency to ruin things"

You give him an empathetic, but curious look. The one thing Jeremy didn't go into great detail about was his past relationships and you figured maybe they were just too painful to talk about.

"My longest relationship lasted almost six years and I was in my twenties. Everything since then has been more or less maybe two years at the most" He huffs, rubbing his forehead with his index and middle fingers."Every woman I've ever been with came second to my job and I hated it... for the way it was."

"You must have had a reason for it"
You say.

You know him and he would do anything for anyone and him telling you that his relationships always broke down because of his career upsets you slightly, but you don't show it.

He is about to say something, but shakes his head.

"Susie" He says softly"I don't want that kind of life for you-"

"It's okay"You say evenly,cutting in"I should have known it was too good to be true"

You get up from your seat and go into the kitchen, sensing that Jeremy is following you. You busy yourself by tidying the kitchen worktops, biting on the inside of your cheek as you do. You can feel Jeremy's eyes watching you.

"Susie" He says softly behind you."Susie, look at me please"

You don't move as you feel his powerful hands on the top of your arms, his thumbs brushing over the same spots. You turn around in the small space you have, your eyes fixing to a spot on the linoleum.

"I'm not trying to break up with you" He says softly, his hand moving to touch your face, gently forcing you to look into his eyes."I just don't want you to get hurt when things get tough."

"Isn't that my choice?" You croak, your voice giving away how you are feeling.

"I don't want to see you hurt when I screw up" He looks away from you, swallowing hard."Cause one day I will."

"I'm willing to take the risk" You say softly, caressing his smooth cheek."Will you let me?"

Jeremy nods and kisses you softly. His lips tangles with yours as his strong arms wrap around your waist, protectively holding you close to him as you simply melt in his arms. Your heart is thumping away in your chest, your mind blank as you are held close and kissed by the man you love
♠ ♠ ♠
I bet I had you guys thinking it was over...inset comments!!