Status: Feedback is most welcom :)

Taking a Chance

Loss Of Control

You carefully slide the protective sheeting over the page of photographs and smile at the many smiling faces in the photograph. A young couple holding a baby in white satin, a baptism that you had attended and took snapshots. You inhale a deep breath, closing the album and placing it in the gift box ready for pick up.
You run your fingertips over the cover photo, the baby smiling up at it's parents.

"Hey, are you okay?" Michelle asks, carrying two cups of steaming coffee from the back room.

"Sure" You close the lid and mark it off on your to-do list. You tie a pink ribbon around the box and glance
up at Michelle."What?"

Michelle grabs your to-do list and reads the last album you completed.

"Susie, I wish you'd let me to the kids stuff" She says.

"I'm fine with it, honest. I can't keep avoiding kids just because of- because of my personal feelings"

"You're right" Michelle agrees."You're absolutely right. What's your plans tonight?"

You haven't thought about it.

"I don't know"

"How about you and Jeremy join us?" She suggests."We're just heading out for a few drinks, some food and maybe a round or two of pool"

"I don't know" You say.

You aren't one for normally socialising, but it was more because you always ended up going everywhere alone.

"Just think about it and let me know, okay?"

******

You were never so glad to see four o'clock come and you practically ran to your car and sped home. Normally you enjoyed your work, but the thought of enjoying Jeremy's company enticed you more. He's like a magnet that keeps pulling you closer towards him and you can't help but allow yourself to be pulled.

You throw your handbag on the sofa and take off your coat as you walk into the kitchen. Jeremy is sitting at the kitchen table with his laptop open, his cellphone clamped between his shoulder and ear. His fingers dance over the keyboard as he talks and responds to the caller and gives you a brief smile and a wink. You pour yourself an orange juice and take one of your healthy cereal bars from the cupboard.

"You're home early"Jeremy says, getting up from the table. You reach for a second glass.

"Michelle's got plans tonight and there's nothing that can't wait until tomorrow." You say "Actually, she invited us along"

"She knows about us?" He asks, a little surprised.

"She guessed. Well, to be honest she put two and two together."

"That's cute" He says."So, do you want to go out?"

You hadn't really thought about it.

"I don't think it's a good idea"

"Why not?" He asks, wrapping his arms around you."We could go and make a night of it"

You feel his mouth and nose nuzzle your neck, his arms wrapping around you from behind. His breath is hot on your skin and you shiver.
You caress his cheek from behind, leaning back into his tight and toned body. Jeremy's hand is placed in the middle of your stomach and you can feel the heat from his hand through your t-shirt.

"Okay. Are you okay going to some grungy bar to play pool?"

He chuckles and kisses your neck and makes his way up to your ear.

"My pool skills are a bit rusty, but it sounds like fun."

The Winchester Bar on Meadowbank avenue is located in a less glamorous part of town and that seems to suit Jeremy fine. What surprised you was that he wasn't wearing a disguise, just a tight fitted t-shirt and a pair of dark jeans.

There are six of you sitting around two circular tables pushed together and you are glad that everyone isn't overreacting towards Jeremy. That was the last thing you wanted. At first he had been kind of shy meeting your friends, but after a few beers he had started to relax.
Jeremy sits next to you, his arm over the back of your seat. Next to you, Michelle and her latest boyfriend, Darren. Next to them sit Gail and Larry and next to them Martin and Tanya. It's been a while since you have all gotten together and it feels good to enjoy their company, particularly since you are no longer that spare wheel who everyone feels sorry for.

While the boys go off and play pool, you and the girls sit closer together to have those girly talks that the male species just aren't privy to. You are slightly buzzed by the alcohol and the fresh round of cocktails that have just been bought are too inviting to refuse.

"Who ordered these?" Gail asks.

Michelle shakes her head and helps herself to a glass.

"Whoever has clearly has good taste" Tanya agrees, practically moaning as she takes of the drink you are sure is a mojito.

For some reason you look over to the boys and there it hits you. You know exactly who ordered the cocktails.

"I have a feeling I know" You take a glass and raise it at Jeremy's direction. That dirty smirk makes your legs tremble as he blows you a kiss.

"Isn't he amazing?" Michelle laughs.

"You're only saying that because he bought us drinks" You reply, laughing.

If this continues you are all going to be extremely hungover tomorrow.

"I'm not" Michelle protests."He seems like a genuine guy. I'm happy for you"

You feel her hand gripping yours and you have that distinct feeling in your gut she's going to have this heart to heart with you.

"I really am. You've been through so much...shit and he's nice." Michelle says."He's so..."

You can't help but laugh. You are all on your way to getting tipsy and it's still early, not even eight yet.
You glance over at Jeremy is looking straight back at you, giving you that insane dirty smirk like he did earlier as his hand slides up and down the pool cue, provocatively.

You make a run for the restroom to cool down, to compose yourself from the little show Jeremy seemed to be enjoying. When you return back to the table he is sitting in your sear, a pearly white grin on show as you slide up next to him.

Protectively, he puts his arm around you again and his lips brush against your ear.

"Just ignore me" he says softly.

"Why would I want to do that?" You whisper back. You turn to look at him, his eyes focussing on yours.

"It might be a good idea if I go back to the hotel"

"Come with me" You say."I need a smoke"

Jeremy follows you out onto the damp street. You shiver from the cold and feel his warm arm wrap around your waist, pulling you close. He lights up a cigarette for you and you can taste his drink from his lips on the filter.

"Why are you going back to the hotel?" You ask, watching him as he exhales a breath of smoke.

He had been so flirty and now he looks a bit like a school boy who has been caught doing something terrible.

"I just think it's a good idea." He mumbles."I'm sorry I did that thing with the cue"

"Really?" You ask, teasing."I thought it was sexy"

"Oh, God don't say that" He groans, closing his eyes and looking towards the night sky.

"It was sexy, though. Why are you sorry about it?"

He glances up at you and looks back down to the sidewalk. It hits you what's on his mind.

"You're horny, aren't you?"

Again the alcohol has given you both the courage to be so honest. You can't imagine having this conversation completely sober and even though you are both only tipsy, the energy between you has been growing the whole night.

Jeremy nods silently.

"I'm not ready-" You begin to say.

"Baby, I know. That's why I'm gonna go soon. I wouldn't expect you to do anything you're not ready for" He says softly.

"Then why do you want to leave?"

"Cause I don't trust myself around you, mama."He sighs heavily.

You are about to answer as Michelle and the rest of the group pour out into the street, laughing and giggling.

"Hey!" Michelle strides over to you."We're going back to mine for pizza and some drinking games. Are you guys up for it?"

"I'm going to go back to the hotel" Jeremy replies."Susie will go"

"We're both coming. You call us a cab and we'll be there in a second" You say.

Michelle wanders back to the group and you turn to Jeremy.

"You don't need to feel you have to leave. I want you with me. Even if you have a raging hard-on"

Jeremy chuckles as you grab the front of his t-shirt. You kiss him once.

"Thank you for being so kind"
♠ ♠ ♠
Imagine rejecting a horny Jeremy....that's tough.