Status: Feedback is most welcom :)

Taking a Chance

Methods Of Madness.

Yesterday had been nice, just you and Jeremy snuggling on the sofa watching movies and enjoying a bottle of wine. Although you didn't feel hungover, you did feel vulnerable after what had taken place at Michelle's the night before and the thought of working with her made you want to avoid her. Only time would tell whether you could truly forgive Michelle for putting you in such a position, especially when she knew your history.

***
You are editing photographs on your laptop when Michelle decides to show up an hour and a half late. Frustration builds as she whines about there not being any milk in the fridge for her coffee and complains about the pile of paperwork and memos on her desk.
Maybe you feel the way you do because she upset you and didn't notice, didn't call to apologise for humiliating you and Jeremy. Your mutual friends who you had spoken to yesterday even felt embarrassed by Michelle's actions.

"Isn't there any milk?" She asks as she throws her long brown leather jacket over the back of her chair.

"Not that I know of" You reply as you continue to airbrush the tattoo off the bride's arm, an ex-boyfriend's name.

When taking the photograph you had thought the exact same thing now as you did then, simply why?

"Could you run down the street and get me a latte?"

"I'm not your slave and I'm busy" You reply evenly. You can see her just staring at you out the corner of your eye.

"Jesus, is Jeremy that bad in bed you're going all bitchy?" She laughs"Or couldn't get it up?"

Your jaw tightens and you snap.

"Enough. I don't need your bullshit. What you did the other night wasn't fair and don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about."

Michelle sighs heavily.

"I was trying to help"

"How is daring me to give him a blowjob helping?"You ask angrily."I trusted you."

"Come on, Susie. Wake up for crying out loud. You've been with the guy for a few months and you haven't even given him a blowjob. He's crazy about you" She continues. "I saw the way he kept looking at you at the bar and he had this hard-on for you, right in front of everyone."

You bite on your bottom lip and guilt washes over you. She's right and maybe the dare had been her way of giving you the courage you needed to make a move.

"He's so hot for you and if you don't start paying him attention he'll look for it elsewhere"

"He wouldn't" You protest.

"Susie, he's a guy. Just think about it, okay?"

Michelle's analysis had been cruel and hurtful, and it didn't help that her words continued to swim around in your head for the rest of the day. Analysing it yourself, you know she was absolutely right. Jeremy would seek "attention" elsewhere if you didn't give it to him yourself. Basically, according to Michelle you had two choices; you could either give yourself to Jeremy and try to enjoy it or you let Jeremy go to someone else and the thought of him being with someone else makes your head spin. You have a choice that you know you have to make and considering your options, tears start falling from your eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Was there method to the madness?