Status: Feedback is most welcom :)

Taking a Chance

The Hard Way

Every relationship has it's strengths and weaknesses, and you had learned that from a young age, watching your parents love turn into bitter hate. The arguments were mostly over your brother Bobby and how he had this natural ability to find trouble. After living with the hate and spite for many years, you made a vow to never allow a situation like theirs unfold and so far you had done a great job.
You believe in honesty and you had been with Jeremy since the very start, although sometimes you had been too honest and that was probably down to the alcohol.

******

It's late and you are tired. You are grumpy and you just want to go to bed, but falling asleep in Jeremy's arms had become a habit that you know you will break when he starts filming. Already he has spent countless hours at the gym and that's just keeping in shape until he's directed accordingly.

You cover your mouth as you yawn, your eyes almost closing as the TV goes to another commercial. Jeremy is sitting at the other end of the sofa, by your feet. You are comfortable with your legs tucked under your ass, your hand supporting your head. Your eyes are literally rolling shut and you suddenly feel yourself being lifted into the air, startled you open your eyes and panic.

"Baby, it's me" Jeremy's voice is soft."Come on, you're dead beat. Time for bed"

You relax against his chest as his strong arms carry, bridal style into the bedroom. You wrap your arms around his neck as he gently lays you down on the bed, the mattress dipping with his weight. He pulls the duvet over you and turns off the lamp and is about to leave when you speak.

"Aren't you staying?"

"I've got some work to do" He says, apologetic."I'll be through in a little bit"

Jeremy only manages to take a few steps towards the door when you call him.

"Jeremy?"

"What is it, mama?" He asks gently.

He's just as tired as you, but won't drag himself away from his laptop.

"Is it really bad I'm falling madly in love with you?" You ask, yawning.

Your brain isn't even functioning properly, your thoughts scattered and not connecting in the realm of common sense.
You feel his warm, wet lips against yours and his breath on your face as he pulls away slightly. You run your hand up his arm affectionately, feeling those muscles stand out against the smoothness of his skin.

"It's not bad at all" he whispers.

"Really?"

"Really" he confirms and kisses you one last time. His hand strokes your hair and it's the tender moments like these you realise you've been missing out on.

"Get some sleep" he kisses your forehead and by the time he reaches the bedroom door you are asleep.

You suspect its morning by the sweet birdsong that has woken you from a refreshing sleep. You run your hand over the side of the bed where Jeremy sleeps, expecting to feel his toned and warm body next to yours, but your hand kisses cold sheets. With bleary eyes, you realise that Jeremy hadn't even come to bed. As you walk into the sitting room, you are surprised to see Jeremy still sitting at the laptop, his fingers dancing over the keys. Next to him sits a thick book you have never seen before.

"You're up early" You say.

He turns to you and you can see he hasn't even been to sleep yet. His eyes look like piss holes in the snow, lined with fatigue.

"Come on, I'll make you some breakfast and then you can go to bed for a few hours" You say, grabbing him by the hand and leading him into the kitchen. He raises his arms above his head, flashing a little bit of flesh as his back cracks.

He groans and rolls his shoulders and neck muscles.

"I've got stuff I need to do"

"And it can wait until you've had some sleep. Your eyes look red. Did you remember to take out your contacts last night?" You notice the slightly bloody white in the corners of his eyes.

"Shit" he mutters, rubbing them with the heels of his hands."I forgot"

"Go take them out and I'll make you some eggs."

Jeremy is back before you know it and sitting down at the table, gulping down the orange juice you had left out. You wait for your toast as he eats, his eyes practically rolling shut as he chews.

"I can't believe you stayed up all night"

"It's just research for this part. If I'm going to portray someone I want to do it right. Call me a perfectionist" he replies.

"You are more than just a perfectionist" You say, taking his cleared plate "Now, go to bed. You look like hell"

"Maybe a few hours would help" he replies yawning."I'll see you later. Love you"

Jeremy kisses you on the lips and goes through to the bedroom. It sounds like a wonderful idea to join him, but duty calls once again.