Status: Feedback is most welcom :)

Taking a Chance

It is What It Is

Your condo had been in complete darkness when you pulled into the street and the fine hairs on the back of your neck stood on end. A shiver crept up your spine as you let yourself in. Pushing open the bedroom door quietly, you breathe a sigh of relief at the sight of Jeremy still asleep, snoring. It's a shame to wake him, but you can guess he hasn't eaten or left the comfort of your bed. You sit on the edge of the bed and gently shake his shoulder.

"Jeremy. Baby, it's time to get up" You continue to shake his shoulder and finally he stirs. He rubs his face and let's out a content sigh.

"How long have I been asleep?" He asks, yawning.

"Since I left for work. How do you feel?"

"Like I could go back to sleep" he grumbles."What time is it anyway?"

"Around six. Do you want dinner?"

"Just something light. A sandwich or something"

Jeremy follows you into the kitchen, pulling on a t-shirt and a pair of loose fitting sweat pants. You get everything you need to make some sandwiches as Jeremy checks his phone. His expression grim as he listens to a voice-mail. You mind your own business as he makes a phone call, slipping outside. From the window you watch him as he paces back and forth, his eyebrows furrowing as he talks and listens and you expect bad news. When he comes back in you can tell something is on your mind.

"Bad news?" You ask as you slice a tomato.

"Something like that."

"What's wrong?"

Jeremy sighs and runs his hand through his thick hair which you loved to play with at every opportunity.

"My agent called and the prep for the movie has been brought forward."

"That's good, isn't it?" You ask.

As much as you will miss him terribly, this is his job and what he loves doing. It's part of him and you've accepted that, just like he's accepted all of your flaws and faults and your past.

"It's good, but it means being away a lot longer than I thought." He sighs heavily, slightly frustrated."And I've to be in Chicago by tomorrow morning. I'm booked in on the 2am flight"

You are digging deep in your heart to try and sound supportive, but you don't know how it's going to sound when you speak.

*****

Watching Jeremy pack his things into a bag hadn't been easy to sit and watch. He had gone back to the hotel to collect all of his things and to settle his bill, that you believe was most likely more than you made in three months. Watching him print off his boarding pass and plane ticket, the reservation number and other bits and pieces he needed, such as directions.

You are snuggled up on the sofa, your head against his chest as he strokes your back and shoulder.
The honking of a car horn breaks the silence. You both get up and you watch as Jeremy pulls on the dark brown leather jacket and you don't want him to leave. A lump rises from your stomach into your throat and you do everything in your power to stop yourself from crying.

"I'll call you every day" He says, cupping your face and kissing you so softly and passionately.

"It's going to be strange not having you around"

"I know, baby. I'll fly back whenever I can and I promise I'll call you every day. You'll probably be sick of hearing my voice"

His thumb softly caresses your cheek, his lips lingering near yours and you just want to kiss him. You just want to hold him tight.

"I don't think I could ever get sick of hearing your voice" You say softly, your fingers stroking the hair at his temple.

"You sure about that?" He asks in a low voice, weakly smiling.

"I'm positive" You reply."I'm going to miss you"

He pulls you into a tight hug and he kisses your neck, your cheek and anywhere else he can reach.

"You better go" You say, kissing him on the mouth.

"Yeah" he sighs, grabbing the upright suitcase, holdall and travel bag. The cab driver takes them from him and stores them in the trunk.

"Stay safe" You say as he smothers your lips with his, his tongue sliding alongside yours. His hands grip your hips and you can tell he just doesn't want to leave, his lips slowly pulling away.

"Always" he winks."I'll miss you"

You realise you are holding your breath as you watch Jeremy climb into the taxi from the doorstep. He turns to look at you and you blow him a kiss, your eyes watering as he catches it in his hand and presses his clenched fist to his chest. Once he's settled in the back, he gives you a brief wave as the cab pulls away and that's when you feel the tears trickle down your face. It feels as if someone has kicked you in the stomach, knocking the wind from you as you go back inside.

You don't know how you are going to cope without Jeremy being there.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you want the chapter I need feedbac, people.