Status: Feedback is most welcom :)

Taking a Chance

A Little Surprise

It feels as if an atomic bomb has gone off inside your skull as you roll over, covering your face with your pillow. Despite being so drunk last night you remember everything you said to Jeremy and you cringe at the memory. You realise that Jeremy isn't next to you, but he's left a note on his pillow. His credit card is in the middle and it feels heavy in your hand. You read the note;

Susie, my PA will meet you at one to take you out shopping for something to wear tonight. Meet me at the Alinea and do NOT go back to the hotel room. Clarice will take you back to your room.
Your whole day is planned while I go out and get some things.

I can't wait to see you, love Jeremy xxx

You had been hoping to spend your day in bed, but whatever Jeremy had planned he was going to great lengths to keep it a secret. A hot shower had made your thumping headache manageable as you went downstairs to meet Jeremy's personal assistant, your new friend for the day.

*****

Nervously, you smooth down your dress as you step out of the car. You feel like a million dollars in the purple cocktail dress that sits just below your knees, the new shoes are comfortable and your hair and make-up are perfect. Clarice had spent the entire afternoon helping you relax, doing your hair and make-up and wishing you luck.

Your insides flutter as you inhale a deep breath. Clarice walks you in and leaves you with the waiter. The butterflies stop as soon as you are lead to your table and Jeremy is already there dressed in a tan suit jacket and pants, with a baby pink dress shirt that's open at the collar.
He gets up and gently pecks you on the lips. He's grinning and you wonder if someone has wired his mouth like that.

"You look absolutely amazing" He says as he pulls out your chair.

"Thank you" You blush.

You really don't know how to act in such an luxurious setting or what to say.

"I really can't take my eyes off you"

You can feel his eyes lingering on
your lips and travelling down your neck line and down your cleavage.

"Oh" you say as you retrieve his credit card from your purse and slide it over the table."I don't appreciate being forced to spend your money"

Clarice had kept hold of Jeremy's credit card and your bag while you tried on several of the dresses. You had shown Clarice the purple one you are wearing now and you resented the price tag, but as you changed she bought one in your size.

"It's only money" He replies, the corners of his mouth twitching as he smiles.

"Jeremy, this dress was almost nine-hundred dollars. It's too much"

Jeremy takes your hand in his and draws a pattern on the back of your hand with his index finger.

"You are worth every cent, mama. Every damn cent."

The waiter pours you both glasses of champagne and takes your orders, then leaving you both to resume talking.

"I got you something" Jeremy says and retrieves something from his inside jacket pocket.

He hands you a long rectangular box, like one that's used in jewellery stores.

"What is it?"

"Open it" He says.

You glance up at him and he's watching your every move with a smile. Intrigued by it's contents, you slowly open the lid of the box.

"Oh my God" You gasp.

Your heart has literally just stopped. Your eyes mist at the sight of the beautiful diamond necklace, the white gold chain covered in diamonds.

"Do you like it?" Jeremy asks, grinning quite happily at your surprise. He moves to your side and carefully takes it from your hands.

"I...I don't know what to say"

"You don't have to say anything" he replies, fastening the clasp. His lips kiss your bare shoulders and you turn to kiss his lips.

Jeremy takes your hand,helping you out of the cab and you link your arm through his as you both walk into the foyer of the hotel. The ride in the elevator is painfully slow and your stomach starts to churn. As if feeling your apprehension, Jeremy squeezes your hand and studies you.

"You know you don't have to do this if you don't want to" He says softly, running his tongue over the inside edge of his lip.

"I do" You reply."I want you to have me. All of me"