Status: Feedback is most welcom :)

Taking a Chance

Another Satisfied Customer

You feel totally and completely refreshed as you emerge from the shower, a thick fog of steam and scented shampoo heavy in the air. You had slept well, better than normal anyway. If you were lucky you could sleep for maybe five hours without this internal clock snapping you awake and if you got less than five hours sleep, you were a nightmare. You can at least admit you can be a handful, unlike some of the people you know.
You dress and eat a quick breakfast, then make your way to the studio where it's going to be another long day of dealing with ungrateful customers and making up photo albums that are due to be delivered. You pray that it's going to be a quick day.

Michelle has already opened up when you get there, slightly late because of the traffic. She doesn't look any better even with the pound and a half of make-up.

"You really look like hell" You say as you put your coat and bag in the back room.

"I feel like death." She replies."I thought some extra make-up would help"

You watch her as she coughs and sneezes into a tissue. You suggest a hot drink and boil the kettle.

"You really should be in bed." You chastise, handing her a mug of steaming hot tea.

"I know. I just felt awful about leaving you to do everything and maybe some work will take my mind off how miserable I feel"

"I can manage" you laugh "It's not like I'm going to completely destroy the place. Anyway, you could be watching cheesy movies and eating candy"

Michelle laughs and starts coughing. She sounds absolutely terrible and no matter how hard you try to convince her to go home, she just won't.

"Like Jeremy Kyle? Please" she replies and you laugh."I would need a handgun before I watch that crap"

The first few hours of the morning have gone in pretty quick and you have managed to develop the photographs of the wedding a few days before. By lunchtime you and Michelle have managed to arrange three albums that are waiting to be collected and also ordered more stock. So far, it's been a pretty productive morning, but you're not done yet.

You are sitting in the small office/ storeroom going through the invoices, rubbing your eyes and your head at the paperwork. Normally, Michelle did this, but her cotton wool head isn't fit to deal with this.

"Susie!" She calls from the front of the shop.

You get up from the desk and stick the pen behind your ear, just in case you lose it like you usually do.

"What?" You ask, a little annoyed at being interrupted. You hate paperwork at the best of times and a distraction only made it worse.
She gestures to the only customer, a guy in a black leather jacket. He seems to be really interested in the nature album.

"Can I help you?" You greet him warmly. He turns around and flashes you a smile. "Jeremy, what are you doing here?"

Michelle's ears are probably perking up. She's a man-eater and always has been and always will be.

"I came by to see if you could help me with my camera. I've got some photo's I need to print and the place down the street only work with those disposable things. They recommended here" He says as he takes out a pocket sized silver camera. He turns on the power and hands it to you.

"I hope they are clean and socially acceptable" You tease.

"Of course they are. What kind of guy do you think I am?" He laughs.

"You're of the male species so anything goes" You frown as you look through the pictures. They are mostly from abroad, beautiful scenery and monuments and statues.

"I think our processing machine might be able to print these" You say as you walk behind the counter.
Printing off photo's for people is something you and Michelle have to do on a daily basis. "Regular size?"

"Whatever that is" he laughs and you can hear Michelle sniggering."Sure. They're just to keep as mementos. It's nice to look back on them and think, Wow this is beautiful"

You agree and it only makes you jealous. He's probably been everywhere in the world and the furthest you have been was Florida, and that was a three day trip.

"I'm going to go back to the pharmacy and get some aspirin." Michelle announces and leaves.

"I think that's the quickest I've ever seen her leave" You say seriously.

"Why's that?" Jeremy asks, dragging his eyes away from the picture of a lion and her cub in the zoo.

"When there are hot guys around she's normally all over them like a rash" You say, laughing.

"Hot guys? I guess I'm lucky then" he replies. "So, I'm not hot?"

You realise what you have said and wince.

"I didn't mean it like that" You explain.

"Tell me what you mean, then. Am I hot or am I not?" You can see he's enjoying this.

Even as a teenager he could make you squirm, but that had more to do with the crush you had on him. He nor anyone else ever knew about it and you were happy that it stayed that way.

"Do I have to answer this? It's just weird having this conversation" You protest.

He nods and smiles. Suddenly you feel that little twinge in your stomach you hadn't felt in years.

"You are an attractive guy. Satisfied?"

"Completely" He laughs and takes the bundle of photographs from you."It's nice to know I'm still irresistible to women"

You laugh, a sort of sarcastic snort. He doesn't expect any less from you and he laughs.

"Now you really are pushing it. Enjoy New York"

"I'll try to" he replies."I'll let you know when I'm back and we can arrange something"

"Sounds fine by me."

You weren't expecting him to give you a hug and you can smell the musty cigarette smell, the spicy cologne and his smell, which sounds weird.

"I'll call you" he says with a wink and leaves.

As soon as he's gone you want a cold shower. Now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmmm....like it?