Status: Feedback is most welcom :)

Taking a Chance

A Nice Surprise

You wake up feeling groggy, pulling the duvet over your head as the alarm clock screams beside you. You hit the snooze button and groan, wanting just five more minutes. It takes all of your energy to get out of bed and pull back the curtains, the skyline dark and miserable. Bleary eyed and half asleep, you go into the kitchen and fix yourself an extra strong coffee.
You sip at it and turn on the news, not that you religiously watch the news as an interest, but it's a sound to keep you awake. It's going to be a long day.

As soon as you walk into the studio you are hit with excited, hysterical chatter. Michelle is clearly feeling better. You haven't even closed the door and you are being physically assaulted by Michelle's noisy excitement.

"I knew I recognised that guy the other day" She says. You look at her like she's been smoking crack."You know, that guy"

"What guy?" You ask. You can't possibly be expected to remember every male customer you have dealt with.

"That guy, the one you printed photos for. I knew I recognised him. He's Jeremy fucking Renner"

You have to stifle a giggle. It's so unlike Michelle to go crazy over something. (Sarcasm)

"And?"

"Well" She says."You never told me who he was."

"Did I need to?" You answer. This is where she's going to go all weird on you. Just like the time you accidentally met Frances Hitchcock.

"Hello, he's an A-list celebrity and he's gorgeous."

Exactly what you had been expecting.

"I don't see him that way."You reply and you are being honest."He's just an old friend"

"Are you trying to tell me you wouldn't screw his brains out if you had half the chance?" She asks.

Michelle has always had this attraction to fame and fortune, dating guys who had fat wallets and an overpowering ego. You were right to shield Jeremy from her because she would make her move.

"He's a friend, Michelle. You might see him as eye candy of the year, but I don't." Your words are even and your tone is serious. In truth, if you did have half the chance to screw his brains out, you would, but it's just a dream. An unobtainable dream.

"Alright, fine."She finally stops and tells you what's on today's agenda.

"You need to find a man" Michelle blurts out as she hands you your lunch from down the street. "I've never seen anyone work hard and just not play"

You close down your laptop and take out the salad sandwich from it's packaging, Michelle pulls up a chair beside you. As unhappy as you are about talking about your love-life, at least it's not solely on Jeremy.

"You know my past with men and I'm done with them" You reply, taking a bite.

"Okay, so the last few guys you've dated were real assholes, but I know a guy who would just love to take you out" Michelle goes on."He's a real nice guy"

"I know you're only trying to help, but I really don't want to be set up with anyone right now."

"If you change your mind you must let me know. His name's Tom and he's a high school principle, recently divorced." She keeps going on like a broken record and you end up finishing your lunch quickly and making some excuse about being busy. Thankfully, she gets the hint.

You swear under your breath as your cell vibrates loudly on the table. It's from Jeremy.

Back in L.A and I'll pick you up at 6. Send me your address and wear something comfortable- J xx

You stare at the screen, reading the message for a second time. Comfortable? You dread whatever he has planned and tap out your address.

***

At ten to six, your doorbell chimes throughout the condo and you start to panic. The thought of being railroaded into some unknown activity is daunting and you can't help but fear that you are either overdressed or under dressed. You shake the silly doubts from your head as you open the door.

"Hi, sorry I'm early, but I know how long it takes for a woman to get ready" He teases. He's in a playful mood and sounds like a big kid.

You suddenly feel concious of your curve hugging jeans, soft leather boots and v-neck jumper.

"I'm almost ready, actually. Come on in" You check to see what he is wearing as he follows you inside.

You just have to grab your purse
and coat, then you are all set.
Jeremy's wearing a pair of faded jeans and a t-shirt, a pair of sunglasses is perched on top of his head.

"Grab a drink if you want. There's beer or bottled water" You shout from your bedroom. When you come back out, he's still standing in the same spot with his hands pushed deep into his pockets.

"Ready?" He asks and you nod.
You both walk out to his rental car in silence, that tingling flutter in your stomach intensifying. Mentally, you tell it to go away.

"Are you going to tell me what upset you the other night?" He asks as he drives out of your street. You should have been prepared for some sort of thorough questioning, but it had been so long.

"I told you it was just girl stuff" You brush it off like it doesn't matter.

"You said it was guy problems. Is some guy being an ass to you?" He looks over at you and you can feel his eyes trying to read you. He had once been very good at it.

"It's nothing like that" You reply, your mouth suddenly feels dry."Where are we going anyway?"

He's suddenly wearing a smug smile.

"If I told you that it wouldn't be a surprise" he flashes you a panty melting smile and your face suddenly feels like it's on fire."I promise you will like it"

"And what if I don't?" You tease.

"Then I'll take your ass home for being so ungrateful" he says in all seriousness, but you can tell by that glimmer in his eyes he's joking.

The conversation is light, both of you teasing one another and talking about your childhoods and how mischievous you both were. But you're starting to become impatient, this not knowing where you are going is driving you insane. Some 80's number is playing on the radio and you laugh at Jeremy as his bobs up and down to the melody. You can both remember this song from after high school.
Jeremy turns the car off road and drives up some dirt trail, asking you if you are ready for your surprise.

"Close your eyes" he says softly.

"Why?" You ask, your voice full of suspicion."You aren't going to abandon me out in the middle of nowhere are you?"

A rumble of laughter breaks the silence.

"Sounds kind of tempting now that you mention it. You trust me, right? Close your eyes" He is still laughing as you close your eyes.

You can hear him getting out of the car and can hear him at your right side, opening the door. He takes your hands and guides you away from the car. You are tempted to peak, but you don't want to spoil his fun. His hands are softly holding your wrists and you think he's walking backwards.
Music that had been in the distance is suddenly louder, but you still won't open your eyes.

Jeremy moves behind you and uses his hands to blind you. This time the music is louder and the ground is soft under your feet. You recognise a few lingering smells, but can't place them.

"When I say open your eyes, you open them" he says softly next to you. His voice in your ear sends a tingle through your whole body. He walks you a few more steps behind you.

"Okay, on the count of three...one...two...three" he removes his hands.

You stare in awe at the sight in front of you.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehehe